Which soap/cream will you buy again?

Been DE'ing 4 years and done the rounds of all the big brands, and come full circle on my first buys.

Proraso, cream or soap (same thing anyway) is still very hard to beat. The Sandalwood cream too.
Speick sticks
Cella.
TOBS MrT

Once, and never again.

Cade - complete rubbish. Shame, terrific scent.
Arlington - very good but not great. Got 2 pucks for the scent alone, but past the point of buying products based on that.
Any Tumpers or T&H stuff. I've got better things to spend money on.
Razorock XXX. Face burn central.
MWF. Mystified by the hype. Can't lather it for crap.

I've kept a pretty compact rotation since stating DE shaving approaching 18 months ago, so there's plenty more I want to try. From what I've used I have / would buy the following again:

Palmolive stick.
MWF / Kent.
Ingram
WARS
Arko stick

Probably won't buy again:
New formula Erasmic cream
Supermax Ultimate cream

Definitely won't buy again:
GFT almond soap.
TOBS Avocado cream.
Cowshed Bullocks cream.
OK the Trumper almond and Cowshed were gifts, but, having not been over-fond of either, I wouldn't buy 'em.

Sampled and unlikely to buy:
C&E West Indian Limes cream

i still have loads to try for the first time - MWF, the professor's range,

will buy again - Arko, ingrams, nannies, Wars, Lavanda

will not - palmolive, erasmic, Bond

i like the palmolive but there's so much other stuff out there.

Would buy again

MWF - mentioned this one earlier
Ingrams - cheap, refreshing and my face likes it
TOBS Rose cream - love the scent and it performs really well; would try other TOBS creams based on this.

Probably won't

Cella - fabulous lather and great skincare but the sickly marzipan scent gets to me a little
Palmolive stick - cheaper than chips but so much other stuff out there
Trumper's Violet cream - amazingly fab stuff but really too dear for me

Definitely won't

Erasmic - alright for throwing at people but stones are free
ARKO - great lather, dead easy to use but the scent now turns my stomach badly
Trumper's soaps - I have three and although they've all been free, I wouldn't buy more as you can get a lot better for less
Anything that is too disgracefully expensive for my pocket

Proraso (either the regular green stripe cream or the sensitive skin soap - both excellent)
TOBS - will buy Mr Taylor's again, not so sure about the lemon and lime. It's good but I'll try something else

Will also definitely be buying more proraso pre/post cream when that runs out.

Nr73 - you have impeccable taste! Mr Taylior's is indeed the finest fragrance I've come across that isn't lime, er or spanish leather or grafton.

Halk said:
Nr73 - you have impeccable taste! Mr Taylior's is indeed the finest fragrance I've come across that isn't lime, er or spanish leather or grafton.

Cheers. There's so much stuff I want to try, but I need to lay off the acquisitions for a while. Or buy a bigger bathroom cabinet...!

I've tried many creams and soaps including the costly Acca Pacca soap (hopeless).

The one that I now exclusively use is TOB Jermyn Street collection soap. Love the scent and love the shave. I definitely prefer soaps to creams as there's no need for an additional bowl.

Fearing that TOB might one day stop making this soap, I bought a large quantity. OCD or what?! :)

Will buy again -

Klar Kabinett - great soap, like the scent, cheap, not any time soon as it comes in
500 gram blocks.

Nannies hard soaps, they work for me, like some of her scents, not expensive, not any time soon as I have a couple to finish.

Prorasso - like the menthol (in Summer), not expensive if bought in 500gram pillow packs, not any time soon as I have a one to finish.

Will not buy again -

Arko - works fine as a soap, do not care for the scent.

Will not buy anything ridiculously expensive.

Still to try

Harris hard soaps, Cella, Blighty's creams.

Kevin

Cream:
Erasmic (old coconut oil formulation)
St James of London Clearwood and Clarysage
Trumpers Almond

Soap:
Not too keen on soaps but I have bought Erasmic. I may even, horror of horrors buy the dreaded Wilkinson Sword soap at some point as well.

Back
Top Bottom