Which soap/cream will you buy again?

I love Vito's Super Coconut, and Cella, but I would challenge anyone, to tell the difference between those to Italian soft soaps, you could literally switch pots and you couldn't tell in both scent and performance, they are both IMO the two best soaps money can buy, I would be happy If I only ever had these two in my lineup.

Jamie

I think all of us went through the initial hype of pampering ourselves with the expensive brands. Speaking for myself, there are very good quality cheap (not exclusively meaning NOT old & big) brands out there that smell & perform excellently. Cella, La Toya, Arko, etc...
Can't push myself to trying MWF, so much fuss just for a bloody lather? Come ooon Cella or Vito's gives tremendous lather anytime, anywhere with any brush...
What I find is that after a certain mark in performance which must be met it's only the scent that makes me buy something again.
PS: I have kilos of creams and soaps so even if apocalypse would come tomorrow, my grandchildren would still have Sw to shave with :-D

I found out on Sunday, i must be allergic to something in TOBS cream. Jermyn St burnt a bit, so did Coconut, covered in red blotches after the shave...never happened with anything else i've used including TOBS Soaps.

Shame as it has an awesome lather and scent, i'll be avoiding all TOBS creams from now on.

Tested Proraso Blue and Palmolive creams last night, both are fine, so it is only TOBS thats the problem for me.

tritrek said:
I think all of us went through the initial hype of pampering ourselves with the expensive brands.

How very true. I think I'm just about coming out of that phase now. Still like my T&H 1805... but still got plenty of that.
I'm quite into Nanny's, MWF, Speick at the moment... but I'm sure I'll be trying the likes of Cella and/or Vitos at some point

Re: RE: Which soap/cream will you buy again?

Gravy said:
I found out on Sunday, i must be allergic to something in TOBS cream. Jermyn St burnt a bit, so did Coconut, covered in red blotches after the shave...never happened with anything else i've used including TOBS Soaps.

Shame as it has an awesome lather and scent, i'll be avoiding all TOBS creams from now on.

Tested Proraso Blue and Palmolive creams last night, both are fine, so it is only TOBS thats the problem for me.

Have you tried the sensitive skin TOBS? I really rate it.

Although there are a lot of creams that I really like the three that I have settled on as my every day ones are;

Palmolive Classic (cheap, easily available, all round decent shave cream)
Taylors Almond (nice scent, great lather, luxury at a reasonable price)
Boots Cool Cologne (pretty decent for the price, good for when a bit of a menthol kick in the summer)

I quite fancy trying the Proraso green but worried it may be too much menthol.

I love the Proraso sandalwood and shed (red)...but pondering trying the green....or maybe the blue (Aloe).

Any recommendations gents?

sagesmith said:
I quite fancy trying the Proraso green but worried it may be too much menthol.

I love the Proraso sandalwood and shed (red)...but pondering trying the green....or maybe the blue (Aloe).

Any recommendations gents?

Give it a go! It isn't expensive, nor does it have a major menthol kick (the preshave does though :) ) and above all it gives a great shave!

Back
Top Bottom