Your other hobby

I've done my comps for the year I was going to shoot the inter counties in Exeter but the S.W.M.B.O has booked a holiday so can't go.

In a year I'll shoot Salisbury FITA, GWAS FITA star at Supermarine WRS, also DWAA double FITA 70m WRS. I like me metric rounds ;) all of these comps are selection shoots for Dorset and Wilts County team.

Hiya,

One hobby that I still practice on rare occasions is magic. Learned some card tricks almost 50 years ago, and i still can do maybe 4-5. Heh, of course these are the ones that require little or no sleight of hand. Yeah, I can't get too fancy anymore, seeing as how my hands don't work as they once did.

Luckily for me, being good technically is only part of the equation to doing a card trick properly. You also gotta have a gift of gab, which I happen to be blessed with. Nothing like large doses of misdirection to cover up any technique issues.

Last time I performed was a few years ago. My spiel is all about being worried I'm gonna screw something up because I'm sooooo rusty and old. Yep, that's what I tell the audience anyway. Heh, I'm always 'shocked' when the tricks somehow turn out ok. I get to act like a Kuni Leml (shuffling old idiot).

Martin

dodgy said:
Hiya,

One hobby that I still practice on rare occasions is magic. Learned some card tricks almost 50 years ago, and i still can do maybe 4-5. Heh, of course these are the ones that require little or no sleight of hand. Yeah, I can't get too fancy anymore, seeing as how my hands don't work as they once did.

Luckily for me, being good technically is only part of the equation to doing a card trick properly. You also gotta have a gift of gab, which I happen to be blessed with. Nothing like large doses of misdirection to cover up any technique issues.

Last time I performed was a few years ago. My spiel is all about being worried I'm gonna screw something up because I'm sooooo rusty and old. Yep, that's what I tell the audience anyway. Heh, I'm always 'shocked' when the tricks somehow turn out ok. I get to act like a Kuni Leml (shuffling old idiot).

Martin

Sounds like you've stolen Tommy Cooper's act :icon_razz:.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTY6TxXsK-o&feature=related[/video]

Recently bought an Olympus Trip 35 and an Olympus OM-2 and 9 rolls of Ilford HP5+ to try to learn the basics of photography. Also bought the book "Understanding Exposure".

Now just need to bring myself to photograph something, anything.

Like writing on the first page of a posh notebook, I suppose.

Brianpilman said:
Professor Blighty said:
Creative writing. Two books published, plus short stories, the lyrics for a musical and verse some years ago.
Interesting quite like reading what the books called and what are they about

Here's a link to the latest

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Girl-Radiator-Martin-Slevin/dp/1906308438/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

A volunteer on a preserved railway. Learning the ropes as a cleaner. That is someone who is learning the skills needed to becoming a fireman and then driver on steam locomotives.

Back
Top Bottom