Your other hobby

chrisbell said:
Steve27752 said:
A volunteer on a preserved railway. Learning the ropes as a cleaner. That is someone who is learning the skills needed to becoming a fireman and then driver on steam locomotives.

Do they use the traditional system of passed cleaner -fireman-passed fireman-driver?

Yes, they do. And I am a new recruit on the Bluebell railway in Sussex.

Hockey and hillwalking, really. I get a buzz from exercise, sadly, and hockey's something I took up at university. Today was the first friendly of the pre-season, actually, and it was fairly diabolical. I've just moved to a new part of the country and so it's a new club etc, so hopefully I'll be playing at a higher level before too long. I tend to do most of my walking in Snowdonia but spent much of this summer up in the Highlands. I know which I prefer but, in fairness, I have a deep connection with the place. Planning to do the Tour du Mont Blanc over a week next summer as well as start working towards my Mountain Leader Award. I'm a teacher so, as well as it being something I enjoy, it's another string to my professional bow.

Other than that, this whole shaving/fragrance rabbit hole is about it as far as hobbies/interests. I'd ideally like to start learning the piano again (I didn't have the motivation as an angsty teenager!) but that'll have to be once I've got my driving licence and so an evening per week is freed up.

My main hobby is driving, either on road or track.
Luckily enough to belong to an advanced driving club (HPC) whereby we allow other members to drive each other's cars and have driven some wonderful cars over the years. Also undertake various driving holidays throughout the year and other one day events, recently at Silverstone and spent the day with Vicky Butler-Henderson at a bespoke Porsche day.
Also help coach under 25's in advanced driving but not through IAM or Rospa although I am a member of both.
Other than that try and get to the gym most days.
Having two young kids, one of whom is disabled take the rest of my time.
Oh and eating and drinking if that counts! :icon_razz:

Chris, she is a real good laugh and "one of the lads" so to speak and can drive pretty good too!! :icon_razz:

IMG-20120908-00217a.jpg

Browngc said:
Chris, she is a real good laugh and "one of the lads" so to speak and can drive pretty good too!! :icon_razz:

IMG-20120908-00217a.jpg

Good to hear! Many years back now, I used to buy Top Gear magazine, and, when Clarkson left it (the old version before it was scrapped and the rest went over to Channel 5), he wrote in his column about leaving, and I remember him saying he would miss V B-H's dirty laugh and ability to bring sex into every conversation. You can imagine that, to me at the time (late teens), reading that gave her a place in my "phwoar" list.:blush::angel:

Back
Top Bottom