Semogue Limited Edition 2010

Adam D said:
Teiste said:
Maybe another batch of 25 brushes could be made...... ;)

Given how quickly the first lot sold that would make good commercial sense!
For what I know they were sold in less than 28 hours....but many people were away since it was the weekend so It seems that a new batch of 25 brushes could be made.

I wonder at what point a limited addition ceases to be a limited addition. How many people purchase an item that is listed as very limited, for the exclusivity.
I wonder how the person that purchased this,
The unique one-off, new Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano China Limited Edition.
Would feel if Ferrari decided that it provoked so much interest that they built a few more.
Just a thought. :lol:

Would I have thought it worth spending £60 on a limited edition of 100 compared with 50? Probably, but you make a very good point. The decision to make more is well intentioned but doesn't set a good precedent.

Yes,I can see what you guys are pointing,but the problem is that the brush was sold in less than 28 hours during the weekend and many people that wanted to buy it werent available so,is it fair for those people that wanted one not to be able to get it?
In the other hand I can see your points of view and make sense to me that the question of "exclusivity" could be jeopardize cuz that,but we are talking about 100 brushes,the same exact amount of brushes made for the LE 08 and the LE09.
At the end Semogue would have to decide.

The brushes are currently being made. There will be only 50 available. We plan to start shipping these by the first week of December, so be sure to grab yours before they run out.

Taken straight from the site advert. If i had purchased one of these and they double the production run, i would be a little upset.

heroblob said:
The brushes are currently being made. There will be only 50 available. We plan to start shipping these by the first week of December, so be sure to grab yours before they run out.

Taken straight from the site advert. If i had purchased one of these and they double the production run, i would be a little upset.
But my question is,why?why would you be a little bit upset?
I will be really mad if I discover that a LE would be transformed into a regular production brush,as many people asked Semogue to make the 2009 LE a regular brush (this is how the first SOC brush was born) but to know that instead of 50 there are gonna be 100 brushes shouldn't be that big deal,unless you wanna sell the brush later.
I myself think that 100 brushes should have made in the first instance and that was all, since people were expecting a LE of 100 brushes like the ones in the past or the one Semogue made for B&B (the custom boar brush).That would have been the logical thing to do and now theyre only trying to satisfy those people that couldn't get one since they were sold out so quickly and in a saturday,when many people are away from their computers/internet.And honestly I dont think that they are going over 100 brushes and that a regular edition would be made afterwards using the same handle.

Teiste said:
heroblob said:

I would be upset because if I were to have bought one the decision would have been made on lots of factors, including availability and exclusivity. So LE 2010 owners (the original one) have paid an allocated amount of money for that exclusivity, and on the announcement that a further 50 will be produced that exclusivity has decreased.

100 is still a very low number, but as mentioned it set's a precedent.

quattrojames said:
Teiste said:
heroblob said:

I would be upset because if I were to have bought one the decision would have been made on lots of factors, including availability and exclusivity. So LE 2010 owners (the original one) have paid an allocated amount of money for that exclusivity, and on the announcement that a further 50 will be produced that exclusivity has decreased.

100 is still a very low number, but as mentioned it set's a precedent.
Fair enough.

Actually there were only 30 of the LE 08's released. As far as the number for this run of the LE's getting bumped from 50 to 100, I got no problems. I think 100 is a good number and spreads the joy! :)

Welcome Kooshman7 and youre right:they were only 30 LE 08 horn handle made.I was thinking about a LE that KIM SON VU made for a spanish forum and in that case were exactly 100.

As one of the buyers of the original 50 I'm really OK with the decision to go for 100. £65 is a fair price for a good qualiy silvertip. And it is only a shaving brush! Something more permanent of high value would be a different matter. As long as this is a one off, and a lesson has been understood - fine. But it ought not to happen again. Then I for one would be asking for my money back.

If the numbers hadn't been extended, what would my wife be buying me for Christmas? :D

I can see people's point though. Although I think 100 is a reasonable number. Also I feel the timing is an important point here. If the brush had been received by the first 50 and a month down the line Semogue decided to release another batch of 50, then that for me would be unacceptable. As it is, it appears they underestimated the interest there would be in the brush and it's soon enough that anybody who is unhappy can cancel their order and be no worse off.

Back
Top Bottom