Semogue Limited Edition 2010

Out of the box it was not bad however as soon as I soaked it and lifted it out to lather with it there was a serious nasal assault from the brush. Not a big problem just worse than I expected, I do expect most to have some residual stick but my particular one was worse than any other I have experienced.

Good news for you that Fido's has arrived, I am sure yours will get there and my fingers are crossed for you buddy.

The 1305 is a handsome brush, my morals stop me trying to talk you out of it; buy the 1305 before you spend the money on something stupid like a bill or food.

Audiolab said:
The 1305 is a handsome brush, my morals stop me trying to talk you out of it; buy the 1305 before you spend the money on something stupid like a bill or food.

+ 1 - I've only used mine twice, but it's a fantastic performer for the budget, and looks great.

DSCN1352.jpg

I love trying new brushes. This fan shape silvertip, with its 24 mm knot and 52 mm loft performs like a fairly large brush. Like any new brush, it will take time to assess as one gets used to finding the best way of using it. I lathered it up yesterday using some Arko soap, then used it for my shave today with T&H Rose cream. It's a very well made brush, I like the handle. The knot is sufficiently dense to make it effective for use with soaps as well as creams. It has typical silvertip softness. I left too much water in the brush today and my lather wasn't as thick as I would wish, but that was my fault. Bearing in mind the prices of other silvertips of this size offered by the major brands at £65 for a limited edition, it was great value. We all have our own personal preferences. This brush is a little larger than my preferred size - it might have been better at a 50 mm loft for my taste but it's nit picking. Anyone who prefers a larger brush would be delighted with this. I'll use it a few more times before adding a review to my shaving brush blog.

Used the brush again yesterday. Less product (T&H Rose cream) and gave a good shake out to ensure I used much less water. This time I got just the thickness of lather I prefer as I was able to add just a little extra water to obtain the right consistency. Another illustration of how important it is to find the right balance of product and water for each brush you have. It takes time to find this, but once you do, most brushes do a great job.

Robert Otten said:
Contacted Bruno on the whereabouts of an LE 2010 and a 2000. Customs is at it again. I ordered a 1305 on 31 Decemeber and it arrived Thursday afternoon. Ordered LE 2010 2 December.
Im still waiting for mine too.

My LE 2010 and 2000 came in the mail today! I don't know why the 2000 didn't fall out as the package was severely torn; just enough paper aand cardboard protection to keep the brush container within the package. Package was mailed 10-12-6. I ordered 10-12-2.

Drum roll please: ................................................................ Number 68!

What a beautiful brush those wonderful people at semogue produced. I must go to chop and stack some Douglas Fir; winter is still with us. Teiste, did your brush arrive? Have a good weekend gentlemen.

R/Robert

Robert Otten said:
My LE 2010 and 2000 came in the mail today! I don't know why the 2000 didn't fall out as the package was severely torn; just enough paper aand cardboard protection to keep the brush container within the package. Package was mailed 10-12-6. I ordered 10-12-2.

Drum roll please: ................................................................ Number 68!

What a beautiful brush those wonderful people at semogue produced. I must go to chop and stack some Douglas Fir; winter is still with us. Teiste, did your brush arrive? Have a good weekend gentlemen.

R/Robert
Great news,Robert!Hope you enjoy them.I havent received mine yet...one of these days,maybe....

Back
Top Bottom