Semogue Limited Edition 2010

To be honest I was surprised at the 50 production run, I expected 100. I would have still bought it whether it was 50 or 100 as the brush itself appeals to me, the exclusivity is a secondary factor. Still I believe if you launch a product with a "limited" run you should decide how many and stick to it.

I do think if they ensure that the original 50 who ordered get the lower numbered brushes it would go some way to appeasing people who are a little peeved about it. just a suggestion Teiste.

Audiolab said:
To be honest I was surprised at the 50 production run, I expected 100. I would have still bought it whether it was 50 or 100 as the brush itself appeals to me, the exclusivity is a secondary factor. Still I believe if you launch a product with a "limited" run you should decide how many and stick to it.

I do think if they ensure that the original 50 who ordered get the lower numbered brushes it would go some way to appeasing people who are a little peeved about it. just a suggestion Teiste.
Yes,as far as I know,it would work that way:the first 50 buyers would get the 50 first numbers but number 1,since this is for Leon this time.

Teiste: you describe the brush as perfect for face lathering soaps. I have recently had the pleasure of using both of Fido's brushes. I find the Finest has lots of backbone and slightly scritchy tips. An excellent face lathering brush. The silvertip though is much softer and feels more luxurious but lacks backbone for face lathering, in my view. How would the new semogue compare? Is silver tip actually appropriate for face lathering?

Very interested in yours (or anyone's) comments. Thanks

chicken neck said:
Teiste: you describe the brush as perfect for face lathering soaps. I have recently had the pleasure of using both of Fido's brushes. I find the Finest has lots of backbone and slightly scritchy tips. An excellent face lathering brush. The silvertip though is much softer and feels more luxurious but lacks backbone for face lathering, in my view. How would the new semogue compare? Is silver tip actually appropriate for face lathering?

I have both of fidos and solely face lather and thought the silvertip has less backbone it has more than enough to do the job easily only time will tell with the new le10 but I am sure if teiste says it has enough backbone it will. all depends on how you use
the brush, have seen people push a brush so hard against there face nothing would work good like that

chicken neck said:

I would tell you that the NF 2201 has the same backbone as the Semogue,while the tips are softer in the Semogue selected silvertip,but slightly more softer.
Fido is doing a great jod with the NF brushes,no doubt about it,but the new Semogue Selected Silvertip its much similar (actually I would say equal) to the shacemac D01 silvertip.

Came across this photo on another site. Wonder which one is mine? :)

[attachment=0]

Edit: Before some smart arse says the one in the middle, I'm talking about the brushes!

Attachments

• le2010.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 73
Yellow Jim said:
Came across this photo on another site. Wonder which one is mine? :)

[attachment=0]

Edit: Before some smart arse says the one in the middle, I'm talking about the brushes!
It seems like Mr Gomes have shaved his mustache.

While you folks were sleeping, after heated discussion, I promptly went for the investment in what appears to be an outstanding brush. 100 it is then. And thanks for the picture of the 100 so I can use it as office computer wallpaper. I also like the idea of a two tone handle; sharp/clean. Your reviews helped me along to the decision. How many are left?

Regards, Robert
Owner of #XXX

Robert Otten said:
While you folks were sleeping, after heated discussion, I promptly went for the investment in what appears to be an outstanding brush. 100 it is then. And thanks for the picture of the 100 so I can use it as office computer wallpaper. I also like the idea of a two tone handle; sharp/clean. Your reviews helped me along to the decision. How many are left?

Regards, Robert
Owner of #XXX
Robert,I dont know how many are left,but I think less than 20 for sure.Leon knows that since hes the seller.
Hope you enjoy this beautiful piece of art.

Received number 41 today, quick measure indicates the loft on mine is 50mm. It seems to have good amount of backbone and not splay too much but will give it a few lathers before declaring judgment. Very happy so far, I wasn't sure about the acrylic handle but it does sit well in the hand and it looks handsome in the flesh.

Quite a nice brush to look at, thought I would take a quick pic before lathering. Will take another after a few uses.

SemogueLE01.jpg

I've used mine a couple of times now and it's a good brush, it has really soft tips. The loft on mine is about 53mm (do you measure loft from the top of the handle to the very top of the knot?). I would of maybe preferred it to be a little shorter as I face lather but it still does the job.

Back
Top Bottom