Semogue Limited Edition 2010

I measured from the top of the metal ring to the very tip (longest) part of the knot (50mm); if measured from the bottom of the ring it is 53mm. Don't know what is correct way these should be measured so maybe mine is the same as yours, I try not to gt too tied up in specs, I will judge by how it works in use.

Looks mighty fine audiolab! :cool: I might have a bit of a wait still ahead for me. Was stated as the 3rd, but looks like it wasn't dispatched from Lisbon until the 10th. Course it would help if I could get Google translate to translate the info or could read it myself. ;)

Audiolab said:
Quite a nice brush to look at, thought I would take a quick pic before lathering. Will take another after a few uses.

SemogueLE01.jpg
Nice picture!,thanks for posting it.

Audiolab said:
I measured from the top of the metal ring to the very tip (longest) part of the knot (50mm); if measured from the bottom of the ring it is 53mm. Don't know what is correct way these should be measured so maybe mine is the same as yours, I try not to gt too tied up in specs, I will judge by how it works in use.

There's a bit of variation in the setting of the knots then, as mine is 53 mm from the top of the metal ring to the very tip. Pot luck what you end up with then, at least it would have been if I hadn't requested #80.

Well it took about a dozen latherings to get rid of the badger funk before I could use this brush let alone comment on it. I am used to and do expect a new badger brush to have a bit of a stink about it but this honked like nothing I have smelled before. I am not one for standing and doing a lather / rinse cycle for an hour, so I did a couple the first night and then just lathered with it each day (with whatever soap I was using for shaving) but I did not use it. I just lathered two brushes each day, rinsed it and let it dry; this seems to have broken it in nicely as well as get rid of the stink, total was about a dozen lathers before use (roughly).

Today was the second day of use and I quite like it so far, it seems to be a very nice brush that ticks most of the right boxes for me. It retains enough firmness to not splay out too much which I don't care for; I hope over time it does not go floppy, if it retains it's current shape and firmness I will be happy.

Lather is generated and released readily and the tips are soft, this is not a scrubby brush but it is no lather slapper either. It did bloom much more than I expected but this does not mean it is ineffective, when loaded with soap it holds together and is quite pleasurable to use. I face lathered both days; yesterday with AOS Sandalwood and today with Penns EF (Old Formula). Both of these soaps are not hard to lather so perhaps I need to try some Dr Harris or MWF and see how it is with something a bit different.

The jury is still out on the final verdict, two good shaves with easy lathering soap is not really putting it through it's paces but I like it thus far. Mine does seem to be on the shorter side of the specs but not sure if this makes a huge difference. If you have one of these under your tree and want to use it on Boxing day either be prepared to lather quite a bit or sneak it out and steam the package open, break it in and then put it back.

That is a shame, I am genuinely sorry to hear that; hope both of yours arrives soon. I would have expected Fido to get his first as I guess most of the mail s destined for south of England so it would make sense to land it there for a first sort but then again we are talking about RM, they probably ship it round the country to the cheapest area and back.

Not sure about yours Robert, stuck in US customs maybe?

It's Wednesday 29 December at 2308 here in Washington State; 0708 London. You are either up or onto whatever lays ahead for both of us. Still no LE or the 2000. Hmmm, I really wanted to try both after Christmas. I also wanted to start breaking in the 2000. One LE 2010 brush arrived in the US, as we know from this site, – #59 in Texas. The Lone Badger State right now.

“Show me your LARKS”!

I ordered long after Fido. I believe there were around 20 or less after I ordered and a number was filled and sent ... maybe back of the line of what ever numbers were ahead.

I hope my number is in the high 90's. That “turning off the micro wave one second left” kind of high number. I'm very lucky to have gotten into the 100 production; and yes I read the whole thread, I understand the feelings of purchasing when only 50. I can’t wait to see my brush handle and number - … 98, 99, 100.
Beautiful night, time to hit the hot tub. I’m going to walk 5 miles each day during vacation which ends 3 January; early rise at and shave. Have a g’day!

Good news Peter! Looking over past posts you ordered yours 21 November and I ordered 2nd of December and posted. You are #39. For me? If I'm lucky it will be a 93 ... Onward to the Upper 90s!

This must be a stinker Audiolab. The only bad smelling brush I had to wash and lather all ways short of hell was a Turkish Jaguar ... top of my head #1056;
Disclaimer: I was born and raised in Iowa and I know the smell of Hogs. So yes, I was keen to that scent. I've been using an old Williams puck with all my brushes because, well for me, it's the working soap when cleaning brushes. It's cheap at a $1.50 and no scent. Coming up to last weekend this year, I plan to run them out through the process of cleaning and as I read posted here at TSR, to wash them in allum to prevent bacteria. Is there an allum product that is liquid or granuler to mix with water, to soak a brush or for final rinse? I haven't even looked but will do so today.

After a good gathering of razors, it's now time to look at quality brushes. This is the most expensive brush for me to date and I have sight on a Duke, or Tulip, a Rooney perhaps, a Kent. I'm looking forward to this LE 2010.

I'm off to the Filson store in Seattle to buy a wool coat. When I return I need to visit TSR brush forum and have them talk me out of a 1305; real nice colors. I have a 620 and 404. I have money ..... except for Erwin, razors are going off scope. Regards, Robert

Back
Top Bottom