SOTD: Saturday 10 - Friday 16 August 2024.

Monday 12th August

AP1GczPKboJEr0TqvHg2MbxNrqJpwWgTgZvQF-xZU5jvgcOcg8iJTkg03LYARCSqffSJy6gES7Od7wkZpkbm3LdyBtN5EzzI18fVMpMwbXp0JrOFxfts2L04aeAsdQ0Htq9XuPxJkCUAxfjcKnRUXfaqTguGIw=w800

Floris 89 (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Edwin Jagger DE89 Gold & BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Pinaud Citrus Musk (as Aftershave)

My setup for the week ...

First go with my new acquisition, this gold DE89 which I bought from @CunningMrFox - cheers! I like it! I like the DE89, so no tremendous surprise there and the gold gives it a bling edge. Nice! The soap is a pre-2010s legacy Stearate formulation very similar to Culmak of the 2000s. Best guess is they're the same - superb formulation which many of these 2024 hallmark Stearate first formulations are harking back to. The Floris 89 scent is still very present.

Have a great week, guys!

Monday 12th August

AP1GczPKboJEr0TqvHg2MbxNrqJpwWgTgZvQF-xZU5jvgcOcg8iJTkg03LYARCSqffSJy6gES7Od7wkZpkbm3LdyBtN5EzzI18fVMpMwbXp0JrOFxfts2L04aeAsdQ0Htq9XuPxJkCUAxfjcKnRUXfaqTguGIw=w800

Floris 89 (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Edwin Jagger DE89 Gold & BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Pinaud Citrus Musk (as Aftershave)

My setup for the week ...

First go with my new acquisition, this gold DE89 which I bought from @CunningMrFox - cheers! I like it! I like the DE89, so no tremendous surprise there and the gold gives it a bling edge. Nice! The soap is a pre-2010s legacy Stearate formulation very similar to Culmak of the 2000s. Best guess is they're the same - superb formulation which many of these 2024 hallmark Stearate first formulations are harking back to. The Floris 89 scent is still very present.

Have a great week, guys!
Thank you Paul - always appreciate the support greatly mate.

Now you have to keep it nice and shiny .

Cat Swag GIF by MOODMAN

20240812_193312.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
PrepProraso preshave balm.
Brush Phoenix Accoutrements Cyclotrode X.
Soap Executive Shaving Bay Rum.
Bowl Captains choice Obsidian Copper.
Razor Occam's Oren 3 dot.
Blade Kai Captain Titan mild Pink (6)
Aftershave St johns Bay Rum cooooorrr.

Today I used the highly recommended by @Mike Smart , Executive Shaving Bay rum cream.
It lathered beautifully and only took seconds with my Super Glow in the dark brush.
The Oren once again delivered a bbs 3 pass shave, I used to just do two with touch ups but have been finding that the extra pass and time is paying off.
I am still on the search for a knot choice and the Cyclotrode looked the closest thing I had to a Synbad knot.

The St johns is blooming awesome stuff even if it does peel the first 6 layers of skin in an orgasm of pain.

sassy black and white GIF

I am now a joy to behold and admire.

johnny bravo GIF

Enjoy your night everyone.

Melting Hot Dog GIF

SOTD Mon 12 Aug 2024

Where was I again? Shave
BF1EA6C1-3B11-4B24-82A8-8629DCE2538F.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
The Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe cream
DSCosmetic Coffee G7 brush
Merkur 38C Barberpole razor
Personna Med Prep blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
‘Rennie’ the rubber duck (how did he get in there?)

Ok, what happened there? I was watching MI3, admiring Mr Cruise’s excellent shave (wonder what he uses, probably has a personal barber!) When suddenly, it was 2 o’clock in the morning, again. Brewed a quick pot of Earl Grey and here I am, waffling about my last shave!
Fine it was, more than fine, very good in fact. Although I find the Med Prep’s a bit scary, they do give a wonderful shave, as long as I am careful, take my time and don’t do any tidy up passes (my skin suffers if I do!) Great outcome this time though, smooth and feeling/smelling awesome.

Dum de dum, de dum…
…ok, now what…
…maybe I’ll read for a bit.

13th August 2024.

7.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) Blue pack. (D1)
Razor: 1940's Gillette Fat Handle Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Cien Men Aqua ASL./Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A close comfortable early morning cold water combined face & head shave.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom