SOTD: Saturday 10 - Friday 16 August 2024.

Do you know how much a pain being useless is? I've just had to trawl through 6 pages of SOTD's liking, not liking, loving, sadding(?) and even the occasional :ROFLMAO:. And how it dug deep at my blackened heart strings to award @Johnny Bravo with one of those :ROFLMAO:'s. Flash bugger with his overindulgence of Giphis. I wanted to award him with a :mad: but I wish to deal with this in a proper adult manner. Mr Poo Poo Face.

So in this case I dedicate this shave to the man himself in today's time over the sink themed, 'Fight!!!!'

20240813_115124.jpg

A barely legal razor - Ikon B1
Eat this - Gillette Blue Silver
Brush with death - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Don't soft soap me - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Handbags at 50 paces - Simple moisturiser
Scent of defeat - Floris Jermyn Street

'Come on mi puta. Choose your living room carpet'

After a couple of days of working through the night, shaving became a bit of a back burner thing. Plus I spent a lot of time dreaming up different ways of exacting revenge over my paupers Giphi status vs that of a certain other. The worse I could come up with was a choosing a desert competition

That's Johnny Bravo procrastinating too much. A definite points deduction move.

So somewhere in amongst all this trash, yes, I did manage an absolutely massive grin inducing shave which was most welcome. The B1 always delivers the most stunningly close shaves, and the Blue Silver ain't too bad either. Nice to throw on my scent of the moment just to prove life isn't all about the smell of marine diesel and salty arsed sailors......even if it is

Some Japanese ladies? Of course. A shaving life wouldn't be worth it without them. So over to Hagane who appear to have loaned the talent of that over enthusiastic drummer, Junna. Enjoy. But more than likely, don't

Do you know how much a pain being useless is? I've just had to trawl through 6 pages of SOTD's liking, not liking, loving, sadding(?) and even the occasional :ROFLMAO:. And how it dug deep at my blackened heart strings to award @Johnny Bravo with one of those :ROFLMAO:'s. Flash bugger with his overindulgence of Giphis. I wanted to award him with a :mad: but I wish to deal with this in a proper adult manner. Mr Poo Poo Face.

So in this case I dedicate this shave to the man himself in today's time over the sink themed, 'Fight!!!!'

View attachment 123884

A barely legal razor - Ikon B1
Eat this - Gillette Blue Silver
Brush with death - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Don't soft soap me - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Handbags at 50 paces - Simple moisturiser
Scent of defeat - Floris Jermyn Street

'Come on mi puta. Choose your living room carpet'

After a couple of days of working through the night, shaving became a bit of a back burner thing. Plus I spent a lot of time dreaming up different ways of exacting revenge over my paupers Giphi status vs that of a certain other. The worse I could come up with was a choosing a desert competition

That's Johnny Bravo procrastinating too much. A definite points deduction move.

So somewhere in amongst all this trash, yes, I did manage an absolutely massive grin inducing shave which was most welcome. The B1 always delivers the most stunningly close shaves, and the Blue Silver ain't too bad either. Nice to throw on my scent of the moment just to prove life isn't all about the smell of marine diesel and salty arsed sailors......even if it is

Some Japanese ladies? Of course. A shaving life wouldn't be worth it without them. So over to Hagane who appear to have loaned the talent of that over enthusiastic drummer, Junna. Enjoy. But more than likely, don't

Such an honour to be part or your legendary S.O.T.D posts you devilish scoundrel.
I even listened to every song and even though I might have lost the battle but my God man I look amazing.

Good Looking GIF by Farmer Wants A Wife

Super Hero GIF by TLC Europe

Wednesday 14 August
Time for some se artists club shaves. Today the mighty OREN from Occams. It is a quirky razor which isn’t to everyone’s liking as care is needed to load and set the blade without damaging either the edge or the fingers, the handle is shall we say unusual and changing out the plates is a fiddle with the small screw driver. However, once loaded, today with plate 3 and a Feather Pro Guard, suitably lathered 1 UP, it quickly and easily removed stubble to a bbs finish in 2 passes and pick ups.
I love it but I can understand why Occams stopped producing it. However, hen’s teeth are easier to find these days if you want to scratch the OREN itch.
Have an enjoyable day fellas!

IMG_9535.jpeg

1000002423.jpg
SOTD August 14 2024

Razor - Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade - Gillette 7 OClock Black
Soap - Monsavon àu Lait
Brush - Zenith unbleached boar with Olive wood handle
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Blade of Grass cologne by Richard James - Savile Row

Always a good shave with the Sticky, I was left with super smooth supple skin.

Until the next time, stay safe and enjoy your shaves! :)

Paul.1000002426.jpg

Aug 14th
20240814_092335.jpg
Razor - Gem Micromatic
Razor - Gem #9
Brush - PAA Starcraft
Soap - Wickhams Shamrock Tweed
Post - Cella Aloe Vera lotion & Wickhams Shamrock Tweed balm
Well this is one of those shaves where you make a mental note of the combo for future use - stunning result.
3 passes for beautiful BBS finish - mental note made.
First use of Cella Aloe lotion - very nice indeed.
Finished off with a sample of Hermes H24 Herbes Vives.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

14/08/24
Vintage Wednesday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - Valet Canadian (VB1 head with VB2 fixed handle?)
Blade - Modified GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Original
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk 33 (5).jpg
This Canadian Valet is a bit of a hard one to ID, it has a VC1 head, however, the handle is fixed instead of being threaded, a cross-over parts bin special maybe. Anyway it takes a fettled GEM blade so it can be used.
A lovely lather today and for all its "dungeon implement" looks the Valet is very much a Kitten on the WTG strokes, very mild but quite efficient, it does come into its own on the ATG pass picking up everything with a wonderful audio feedback.
I was done in 2 passes with some pickups in the usual places for a very close BBS finish.
I did get a little sting from the alum rub today, i usually check with either Straights or Vintage SE to check my technique.
A nice dollop of the original Floïd with a good Splash of the MV to finish.
Yes, that was a nice shave.
Enjoy your day all.

13 August

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Simpson Chubby 2
Merkur 37c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

B66347B1-7858-481D-8C88-F85A6FDCADFA.jpeg
14 August

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Simpson Duke 3
Merkur 37c
Feather Hi-Stainless
Clubman Pinaud VIBR

983002C8-7F56-446B-8020-7B822B62BF5D.jpeg
Two SOTDs in one post. Yesterday I didn’t manage to find time… poor time management, I guess. Two splendid two pass shaves with my two Simpson Platinum Fibre brushes, which have, over time, become among my favourite synthetic brushes. They do have a different feel to the rest.

Back
Top Bottom