SOTD: Saturday 17 - Friday 23 August 2024.

SOTD: 22nd August 2024.

thur.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Boots Original Shave Stick.
Blade: Treet Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another shave where everything worked together wonderfully....As always the inexpensive Boots Trio was a joy to use making my early morning shave a pleasurable experience. A great shave to finish my shaving week off in style.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

You must have sent the rain to us. Forecast - rain all day!

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( R5 )
Blade = Gillette Nacet ( 1 )
Brush = Highlander Hibernian Away 26mm SHD
Soap = Signature’s Hibernia
with matching splash
Balm = Executive Shaving Fragrance Free.
View attachment 124212 3 passe shave with luxurious Hibernian.
A straight 10/10 & loved every minute of it.
it’s been chucking it down in Norway all week but today was nice & sunny although a tad cold.
The shave doesn’t half cheer you up.
Adios Amigos.

SOTD: 22/08/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 8th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

22/08/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Kai Captain Protouch MG
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 34 (6).jpg
The X1 slant is a very comfortable, efficient razor to use, sadly unobtainable these days unless you are lucky enough to find one pre-used. I have decided to bin this blade as it is well into double figures and still going strong, i fancy using a Schick next.
The Alpha Ti produces massive amounts of lather, it really is a nice knot.
A very easy BBS finish today.
Enjoy your day all.

Aug 22nd
20240822_084348.jpg
Razor - Ever Ready 1912
Blade - Gem #10
Brush- Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap - A&E Pamplemousse
Post - Razorock XXX lotion & L'Oréal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap
This soap is a recent purchase - just trying to change things in the Den a little bit. Awesome scent - love it - sharp and sour Grapefruit made a refreshing and fresh super slick lather. Expect nothing less from my A&E soaps.
The 1912 - as always- gave a BBS finish in 3 passes. Post shave complimented soap nicely.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves.

'Quick, sniff his bum'

And yet another two SOTD's to bring me up to date. Please do note the refusal to call them 'catch-ups'. I've been there before

So here they are, a duo of shaves with the theme, 'Batteries not included'

Tuesday

20240820_191535.jpg

A clockwork razor - Razorock Hawk V3
The missing PP3 - Feather Professional
What C type cell? - Yaqi Dandelion
It uses batteries? - Captain Fawcett's
It doesn't bloody work - Nivea moisturiser
'D' type scent - Hermes terre d'hermes

'I wish I could talk, but someone stole my batteries'

An energy efficient shave which didn't include any batteries. Just a few dead cells, but then again I am surprised I have any live ones.

Not my favourite razor, but in reality I should be giving it more love as it rarely gives a bad shave. This time around was no different. A great lather from the Fawcett's, a new blade in action and the end result being a most bodacious bit of sink time.

Since Junna seems to be on my radar at the moment you can have some of her earlier band Trident....

Wednesday

20240821_190716.jpg

No potential difference - Occams Enoch
I've been disconnected - Schick Proline
Low voltage - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
High voltage - York Swirling Soapery vibrating vibrant charm*
Moisten your terminal - Collagen
Shave terminal - M&S Spiced Amber

* Apologies there. I was thinking of my wife's pet rabbit 'Duracel', whereas I am referred to as 'Ever not Ready'.

'Oh, he is such an admirable man that Mr Satanfriendly'

'He's a bloody fake'

@ekeko you are indeed 100% correct. The Enoch truly is crap when it comes down to blade loading. And if it manages you stay in one piece while using it, then you are blessed. And fortunate.

I won't say I am blessed but I will go for the fortunate bit. Still the quickest razor in the pack and one pretty damn fine finish by the end of it all. Many detest the Enoch, but me, I love it. Just not as much as you folk.

So a great shave and batteries not included. Now, about this bloody rabbit

May as well end on those ladies who probably know more about rabbits than most cuniculturists...

Wednesday 21 August and Thursday 22 August
I don’t usually post two SOTD in one pitch but as I’m still on the ac blade track and continuing with the Feather Pro Guard for maybe 9 or 10th time. These se ac razors are really becoming a favourite with me, mind you I say that about all shaves that are bbs comfortable and blood free. The Asylum has taken its lead from the Enoch with the dove tail two piece head so is also a fiddle to set the blade, whilst the Sheld has a dodgy screw thread design requiring great care when attaching the handle to avoid cross threading problems. Simplicity of a TTO de razor where art thou?

Enjoy the day fellas, even if like most of us in uk you are probably experiencing somewhat inclement weather today :ROFLMAO:

Wednesday The Asylum

IMG_0764.jpeg

and today The Shield

IMG_0765.jpeg

Wednesday 21 August and Thursday 22 August
I don’t usually post two SOTD in one pitch but as I’m still on the ac blade track and continuing with the Feather Pro Guard for maybe 9 or 10th time. These se ac razors are really becoming a favourite with me, mind you I say that about all shaves that are bbs comfortable and blood free. The Asylum has taken its lead from the Enoch with the dove tail two piece head so is also a fiddle to set the blade, whilst the Sheld has a dodgy screw thread design requiring great care when attaching the handle to avoid cross threading problems. Simplicity of a TTO de razor where art thou?

Enjoy the day fellas, even if like most of us in uk you are probably experiencing somewhat inclement weather today :ROFLMAO:

Wednesday The Asylum

View attachment 124242

and today The Shield

View attachment 124243

You need a Mongoose. Place blade, screw handle and shave.

As against to fiddle, slice fingers, fiddle some more, slice some more fingers and finally, 'screw that'

20240822_112920~2.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Cyclotrade X.
Soap Stirling Haverford.
Razors Leaf & Blackland BlackBird Titanium.
Blade Derby Premium (1)
Post shave 3P cream
Aftershave Stirling Haverford.

Brilliant shave today with the BlackBird, I have really dialled into it and the Derby Premium Blade is always a smooth performer.

I went for a Tobacco scent today after being inspired by @Mike Smart and his great Post the other day.

Enjoy the day everyone.

Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

Back
Top Bottom