SOTD: Saturday 22 June - Friday 28 June 2024.

SOTD Sun 23 Jun 2024

Happier, shave

View attachment 122024
Tallow+Steel Baygere Shaving Soap
Yaqi 28mm tuxedo synthetic brush
Gillette Tech (60’s maybe)
Racer Platinum Class (3)
Alum block
Tallow+Steel Baygere Aftershave

The other day I received a parcel containing this excellent soap and aftershave duo. It is a cross between bay rum and fougere scents, but as I am not familiar with either I can’t confirm, they are, however, fantastic in both scent and performance. They were sent to me to help me with my loss and to celebrate my daughter’s wedding, by the gentleman of note, @CunningMrFox. Thank you my friend, this forum can be a magical place at times!
I used them tonight with a brush and one of the Tech’s gifted to me recently by @Tony'schin (thanks again Tony). It feels slightly heavier than my NOS 70’s and indeed the French one that he also gave me. But they all shave very similarly (unsurprisingly I suppose). Did manage to nick my neck (paddy whack!?) but my fault and alum sorted it.
Face feel and smell are outstanding (and wife is very impressed - not easy to do that!) and I am feeling much better and happier now everything is calmer.

View attachment 122025
The happy couple!

View attachment 122026
Me and my pal in happier times!
Marvellous indeed Ken - glad you got on with tallow + steel. One of my upper echelons of products and brands. I have a great relationship with Ryan. Top of the shelf fella. I don’t bring out the products too often because I’m scared to use them lol . Once they’re gone they’re gone.

Beautiful to see the wedding photo - looked a lovely and happy day my mate. Good on them both. May happiness be with them for the foreseeable future mate.

Always a treat to see Bella :love:

Keep on keeping on my friend. It never gets easier but we can treasure them going forwards.

Love and respects my mate. J.

Shake Hands Friends GIF by DefyTV

Haslinger honey soap
Wolfwhiskers Abyss ubersoft 2
Mongoose B2 Hempel titanium handle
Kai titan mild #5
Skin1004 Centella SP50+ suncream
Mrs White unstung hero cologne

A shave after a shower and a smooth face the result, applied a suncream as going out and about in the sunshine and a spritz of the anti bug juice from Roullier White company.

SOTD: 24/06/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 5th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day, folks!

Razor = Occams Oren ***
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 4 )
Brush = Highlander 2023 TSR Group Buy
Soap = Rasiersef
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm is Nivea rehydrating Moisturiser

IMG_1895.jpeg
I haven’t shaved for a few days & this was so relaxing & refreshing m
The soap was a freebie from @Boycie83 and a great soap at that.
The scent was very similar to Cella
as in Mr Kiplings Bakewell Tart.
Also the fact it’s in a tin makes it ideal for my travels.
All the best boys n girls enjoy your week ahead

Monday 24 June

Aylsworth Kopperkant +
Gillette 7 o’clock (4x)
Synthetic reknot
Soap TFS

The + version really does shave close and comfortable for bbs even with a used blade. The brush soap combo lathered superbly but not sure I would buy this soap again as it really doesn’t have the sort of distinctive or lasting smell that I like.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0674.jpeg

Menthol Marlborough Monday

Edwin Jagger DE 89
Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow
Simpson Colonel
D.R.Harris Marlborough
Thayers Witch Hazel
Nivea Balm

IMG_0147.jpeg

I added a few turns of the grinder with menthol crystal in it to my lather to give me the ultimate menthol hit.Marvellous.

24/06/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Ingrams "Cool" Egyptian
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai Captain Protouch MG
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk  26 (3).jpg
Absolutely wonderful! The General for me is by far the best AC "T" type razor i have tried (and the list is a long, long list).
The "new" Ingram's produced plenty of lather for the shave with the boar knot full to bursting.
2 very easy, smooth passes with a little touch up here and there for a very, very comfortable face feeler.
Enjoy the rest of your day all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom