SOTD: Saturday 22 June - Friday 28 June 2024.

Wednesday

EJ DE89
Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Semogue Owners Club
D.R. Harris Marlborough
Thayers Witch Hazel
Floid Blue A/S
Nivea balm

IMG_0159.jpeg

A fantastic shave with some old favourites.Back when I first started DE shaving there was a French guy selling on eBay who had found a big stash of the NOS Gillette Bleue’s and I forgot just how many boxes I had bought until I recently opened the bottom of the wardrobe blade box:oops:Brilliant blades.

Tech June-kies

Wednesday 26th June

AP1GczNYtZkvzh6Ka9opFnHe39MWWwlM6jRDk-GhVfkesPiEakP_EvC96WArW4482oNPJu9K53G0ZK-hC0K-7b2Sn2McYz0zC4nNjN-lvnrkaSrpac7EMSVhLsAT_ofy47dQHgAHGykqJX1odJS2R8EoZlPrYQ=w800

Palmolive Shaving Stick (Grated) & Proraso (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (1960s) Stamped & Gillette Rubie (3)
Brut Original Aftershave

Wednesday

EJ DE89
Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Semogue Owners Club
D.R. Harris Marlborough
Thayers Witch Hazel
Floid Blue A/S
Nivea balm

View attachment 122114

A fantastic shave with some old favourites.Back when I first started DE shaving there was a French guy selling on eBay who had found a big stash of the NOS Gillette Bleue’s and I forgot just how many boxes I had bought until I recently opened the bottom of the wardrobe blade box:oops:Brilliant blades.
Was this around 2010? If so I nearly bought a shed load but at the time I was new to wet shaving and remember thinking "I'm not going to need all those blades". Oh how I laugh at that now. But laughter with tears of regret.
I did get two boxes which I think is around 200 blades but I've used most over the years.

First try with a razor kindly lent to me by Boycie. Thank you so much @Boycie83 !
The branding is not to my taste but the shave definitely is. After one full pass I switched to a lighter, thinner handle and has a superb shave. It's a mild razor but with a sharp smooth blade gave me an irritation free shave and only one tiny nick.

The soap and aftershave are among my top ten as well.

Cold water shaving today as the sweat was dropping into my eyes. Urgh.
Andrew Ryan of Bioshock would be happy.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: (BORROWED) West Coast Shaving American Liberty
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Brazilian, modern
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Stirling Stirling Green
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue

Last edited:
20240626_200952.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm.
Brush Shave Factory Omega Boar.
Soap Stirling Black Ice.
Razors Leaf & Blackland vector Lite Machined.
Blade Feather Pro Super (9)
Aftershave Stirling Black Ice splash.

I have been using the Polished Vector and wanted to compare it to my Machined version.
Honestly I don't think there is a difference at all in the shave, I do prefer the Machined handle as it definitely has a better grip feel.
The Polished looks better but I don't think the extra price it costs to buy is justified IMHO of course.
Enjoy the night.

Was this around 2010? If so I nearly bought a shed load but at the time I was new to wet shaving and remember thinking "I'm not going to need all those blades". Oh how I laugh at that now. But laughter with tears of regret.
I did get two boxes which I think is around 200 blades but I've used most over the years.
Yeah it was 2010/11 the guys name on EBay was rareup1 if I remember right.I know what you’re saying about buying big stocks of blades I was just starting around that time as well.I also went in big when the NOS Super Iridium’s were becoming rare around that time too,I still have a few sleeves of them stashed away.

Yeah it was 2010/11 the guys name on EBay was rareup1 if I remember right.I know what you’re saying about buying big stocks of blades I was just starting around that time as well.I also went in big when the NOS Super Iridium’s were becoming rare around that time too,I still have a few sleeves of them stashed away.
Yeah that's the name! I wouldn't have remembered it but when you said it I knew straight away.

SOTD: 27th June 2024.

8.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave stick.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) blue pack. (D2)
Razor: Parker 22R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Swagger ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A great shave to finish my shaving week off on a high.

The Palmolive shave Stick is something I'll always have in my shaving den, purely because it never fails to provide me with such a slick protective lather in a short space of time with a superb fragrance.

I have enough Palmolive shave sticks left in my den to last me until the end of my shaving days.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.;)

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.:cool:

SOTD 27-June
1000030031.jpg
Brush: Semogue TSN Boar
Soap: WK Vor V
Razor: CG Lvl 3
Blade: Wizamet

So today's theme is information overload, the idea being too use a software set that has 10 or more scent notes. I needed to get WK into the calender and luckily this one fit the bill with 11 different notes. I had originally slated this for Halloween until Boonana came to the rescue.

There was an additional challenge for today, Leftorium Day. The aim being to shave with a non-dominant hand, and it doesn't have to be yours. Last year I had my wife do it, this year I stepped it up marginally and had my 5 y/o do it. I really picked the wrong razor for this job though, CG level 3 with the stinger handle is both far too aggressive and heavy for the little one. Ah well, I let her go to work, the entire time sweating like a vicar in a house of ill repute out of shear nerves. There was a dodgy moment where she went straight ATG on the neck, but I couldn't stop her. Miraculously no cuts, but I did bottle it and take over to finish up. There is video evidence but I shan't burden you with that! She did well though and got a dessert as a reward!

For the photo treasure hunt, I had to get steam punk in there somewhere. It wasn't seamless but looked alright to me. I've only got rubbish, money and football to get in on the last remaining days, I'm exhausted!

Hope everyone had a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom