SOTD: Saturday 24 - Friday 30 August 2024.

View attachment 124369

24 Aug - late night shave
Pre-Shave: Cerave soap then TOBS Herbal Pre-Shave Gel
Brush: Semogue 610 Boar
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Tallow Soap Spitfire
Face lathered
Razor: Yaqi top double open comb aggressive slant with Maggard Black Stainless Steel Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Post Shave: Boots no 7 balm

2 pass with the grain and against the grain - BBS except small area of jawline. No cuts but was nerve wracking - especially ATG on top lip.
Working my way through various item s- the TOBS gel was way smaller than I thought when I bought it - only about 30g (thought it was 100g when i bought it!). Would not purchase it again - expensive and not convinced it added much.
Would also really value some advice please - (1) how best to load from these tiny samples? I took some out (about 1/3rd) and squeezed it deep into the boar brush and then face lathered. Is that the best way? (2) Did I use enough? - 2nd pass was really thin. Thanks in advance

Would also really value some advice please - (1) how best to load from these tiny samples? I took some out (about 1/3rd) and squeezed it deep into the boar brush and then face lathered. Is that the best way? (2) Did I use enough? - 2nd pass was really thin. Thanks in advance
Hi Sandpaper, if the soaps soft you can apply to the face or smash some into the brush, 2 : always can use more product , no wrong way just learning.

Saturday 24 August
With the rain cascading down outside the morning shave brought some enjoyment to a so far dreich day here in the South.
The Hawk A always delivers and with a nearly new Feather Pro it was perfect. The soap is quite thin and very creamy in lather and I find it clogs the razor more that other soaps and so needs regular flushing under the tap. Not a favourite soap for me. BBs in 2 passes plus minor pick ups and a splash of Old Spice and I’m ready for the day.
Have an enjoyable weekend fellas!

View attachment 124340
Love the picture in the shave review mate

SOTD Sunday 25 August
  • Razor Gillette Slim Adjustable (5) J4
  • Blade Feather Hi-Stainless
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Vulfix Pure Badger
  • Cream Proraso Yellow – Wood & Spice
  • Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel - Unscented
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Feather Hi-Stainless blade was in my 1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable today.

After missing my shave yesterday, it was another opportunity to use the Feather Hi-Stainless.
I thought I would be a little indulgent today, with the Vulfix Pure Badger and the Proraso Wood & Spice.
Absolutely love the Wood & Spice scent. Quite strong but a great scent.
Not sure if this has been completely discontinued now or if some stock is still available. I use no more than 1gram of shave cream so these last me a few years.

The Feather performs amazing with a couple of days growth, so smooth and comfortable.

Can anyone identify the watch?
58.jpg

SOTD: 25th August 2024.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) Yellow/Red pack. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture. /Cien Men Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

Relaxing Sunday Morning Shave.

The Wilkinson Sword TTO is completely different to the Wilkinson Sword Classic plastic two piece. Aggression wise I personally find it very similar as my Chinese Gillette super speed clones. My only gripe with it is the longer than needed handle, apart from that it's a good shaver.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sunday 25th August

Soap • Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush • Yaqi Dandelion 24mm Cashmere
Razor • Razorock Game Changer. 68-P
Blade • Wilkinson Sword - Brasil (1)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

Freshened up and ready to do what we Brit's like to do on Bank Holiday weekend . . .Yep - decorating!

I like to have some background noise while shaving. Today was some Deep Purple. (My all time favourite band.)
If you're in to classic hard Rock, and have 15 minutes to spare . . .

Enjoy the remainder of your Bank Holiday weekend everyone.

25/08/24
Str8 Shave Sunday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synth Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #1
Edge - Tony'schin
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Martin De Candre Limette
Wk 35 (2).jpg
A glorious bit of sink time with the Kropp #1 this morning, i am really happy with the edge i have put on this one. The blade was singing throughout the shave. Nothing from the Alum rub or splash, i do actually think i am getting the hang of this Straight Razor Shaving.
Enjoy your day all.

Sunday 25th August
1000019438.jpg

EndGem Speed ••• 3D - GEM Stainless #8 - RazoRock Plissoft - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 - Cien X Bolt AS - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 Balm

Razor = Shield Stainless
Blade = Gillette Nacet ( 3 )
Brush = Chisel & Hound 26mm V15 Adventure Series
Soap = Cella with matching splash & balm.
View attachment 124365Nice chilled out relaxing shave tonights.
iv managed a day off tomorrow & doing the sabbatical and staying off the beer.
I really like these shield razors.
I’m unsure of the name of this one so if anybody knows please tell me.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
I love the Cella line up mate

SOTD: 25th August 2024.

View attachment 124373

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) Yellow/Red pack. (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture. /Cien Men Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

Relaxing Sunday Morning Shave.

The Wilkinson Sword TTO is completely different to the Wilkinson Sword Classic plastic two piece. Aggression wise I personally find it very similar as my Chinese Gillette super speed clones. My only gripe with it is the longer than needed handle, apart from that it's a good shaver.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
Great Post and comments mate(y)

Back
Top Bottom