SOTD: Saturday 24 - Friday 30 August 2024.

IMG_4437.jpg

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley B Plate
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: Chisel and Hound Lovely Thunder
Pre: Proraso Sensitive Pre-Shave Cream
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash
Fragrance: Maison Margiela By The Fireplace

I had a lovely shave today. The Karve never disappoints. I had to pull out the Autumn Ash—its scent is incredible. And this brush just gets better and better with each use. I love the fan knot.

25 August

Martin de Candre Original
Cadman M55 Tuxedo
Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Proraso Sensitive balm

67C931BA-02BA-4D66-A57C-91EA5A68F8F0.jpeg
The Martin de Candre never lets me down and it produced just the perfect lather with the wonderful Cadman brush this morning. The Claymore did the business in two easy, smooth passes and left a super smooth face as a result. A fabulous Sunday shave.

Sunday 25 August
The matte chrome Yaqui DLC Excalibur is a bit of a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Slim and lightweight (68gm 0.70mm blade gap) it requires some pressure to get a result which translates as an aggressive feel. This is fine for my new/newish Feather Pro blade but probably not if you are trying to eke out max blade usage. Maybe a Kai mild or Proguard might help?
Have a great holiday weekend fellas!

IMG_9573.jpeg

Sunday 25 August
The matte chrome Yaqui DLC Excalibur is a bit of a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Slim and lightweight (68gm 0.70mm blade gap) it requires some pressure to get a result which translates as an aggressive feel. This is fine for my new/newish Feather Pro blade but probably not if you are trying to eke out max blade usage. Maybe a Kai mild or Proguard might help?
Have a great holiday weekend fellas!

View attachment 124388
Sound like a mild razor as its got enough weight in it I never apply pressure I let the razor do the work
This is just my opinion.
I love your review and pics:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom