SOTD: Saturday 24 - Friday 30 August 2024.

SOTD 20240825
Prep: Warm Shower
Prep: Razorock prebarba
Bowl: Saponificio Varesino Olive Wood
Brush: SV 2.0
Soap: SV 70th. Anniversary
Razor: SV 2.0
Blade: Gillette Platinum
AS: Acqua di Parma
AS: SV 70th. Anniversary

SOTD_20240825.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
View attachment 124398

Used a random blade today and I know nothing about it.
The wrapper just says double edge blade and the Blade itself had nothing at all on it.
I assume it came as a freebie from a BST.

Does anyone know what brand it might be?
I've got a similar blade and it came from a Shein or Temu order. Don't recall there being a brand name in the description.

IMG_0450.png

Sun 25 August

Pre - Noxzema
Razor - Wardonia
Blade - modified Gillette Silver Blue
Soap - Razorock Caribbean Holiday
Brush - Yaqi Moka Express 24 mew Brown Synthetic
Post - Alum & Boots No 7

Have a great week next week everyone. Very pleased top be on this forum and grateful for the recent advice...only problem is that I now need to buy all the suggestions....

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - UKWSS Alpha Outlaw Evo Alu, Amazon UK blades
Head - Aylsworth Apex AL6063 with SS+ plate, Astra SP
FLS & Black Mountain Shaving Sutton Distilled - soap & splash
Alpha Outlaw Brush - AP Titanium synthetic knot
Thayer's Rose
Eclat Post Shave Balm

Wanted to experiment a little so tried the SS+ plate on the AL6063, mainly for some added efficiency, didn't disappoint and mowed down three days growth like it wasn't even there. Wanted to see what the SB plate could do on this Alu Outlaw Evo with one of these much talked about of late blades, especially with five days growth to contend with, again didn't disappoint and left me bbs without any dramas.

1000012827.jpg

Mon 26
Soap & Aftershave Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush Boti 26mm Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher 7/8 Steamship Wedge
The soap had a lovely lather and smelled wonderful along with the matching splash.
This antique hunk of a razor's edge is still buttery smooth and crisp...resulting in a fantastic shave!
3.jpg

PXL_20240825_191008979~2.jpg
I spent last week testing out some disposable cartridges since I've got an upcoming trip for a week with just hand luggage. two head shaves on each razor.

the AliExpress mach3 knock off was the worst of the bunch. still gave an acceptable result but felt a bit draggy and like it was ripping the hairs during the shave. would not recommend. not sure I liked the third blade either. two blades is probably the most my skin can handle with multiple passes.

the others were just fine. I've used the lasers before and they're ok. better than the BIC single blades. the lord was actually sharper than I expected it to be. both incredibly light and plasticy feeling though.

the blades on the Morrisons one were nice and sharp and the pivot was quite enjoyable. I didn't like the lubrication strip thing though. it's unnecessary with a proper lather and gives an unpleasant slimy feeling. I wonder if I could scrape it off. I definitely would buy these again. at £1.25 for ten it's also close to DE blade prices so not too bad. They might be my new pick for a disposable travel cartridge.

I think with good technique and a brush and soap, you can still get a decent enough shave with most cartridges. it's a tiny bit faster and I get the convenience and reduced faff but it's not as enjoyable or comfortable as a DE. it's also a lot of plastic to be throwing away. it gets the job done in the end but I still wouldn't use any of these regularly if DE blades are an option.

next up is the Gillette guard. I've read lots of good things on multiple forums about them being possibly the best single blade cartridges, especially for head shaving.

but first, back to DE shaves for a while to give my skin a break.

Back
Top Bottom