SOTD: Saturday 24 - Friday 30 August 2024.

SOTD: 27th August 2024.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Lather: La Barbiera Fresh Lemon Shaving Soap.
Blade:Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) Yellow/Red pack. (D1)
Razor: King C Gillette.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Duru Mandarin Cologne./Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

The La Barbiera shaving soap produced an excellent lather in a short space of time. I find the soap works well with face & bowl lathering, building up a lather with a my damp boar brush gives great results adding water to the tips of the brush to get the lather to the consistency I prefer.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

First try of these cartridges. I don't have the 'right' handle but they fit my Contour.
An easy and quite close shave. Surprisingly a weeper on my cheek (no I wasn't trying to shave my bum).

I'm trying to use up this old soap sample so I can reuse the large container for another soap. As good an excuse as any to use such an excellent soap.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Contour
Blade: Schick Super II Plus Cartridge
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Martin de Candre Original
Aftershave: Superdrug Sierran Breeze

27 August

Sterling Campania
Mühle Classic L
Henson Al13 M
Feather Hi-Stainless
Proraso Sensitive balm

BAB122B7-5038-4A99-9DA6-59716A8E8A80.jpeg
A very pleasant shave this morning, almost no effort required. An easy and very good lather with the Sterling soap and a swift and effective two passes with the very modern Henson razor. Good stuff.

Tuesday 27th August
1000019456.jpg

Triceratops 3D - GEM Stainless #9 - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Wickham 1912 Apricus - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel

27/08/24
Tabac Tuesday
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Schick Proline PB 30
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Vintage Tabac Black
A/S - Tabac EDC
Wk 35 (4).jpg
The General just accepts any AC blade and makes it work, the Proline was wonderfully smooth today.
Although i do enjoy using a boar brush i find they need at least twice the soap loading as either a Badger or Synth to get the same result.
Yeah, Nice that.
Update on my new Sabre, i assume its still in Heathrow as its not moved since the 24th.
Enjoy your day all.

20240827_131848.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Omega Italian flag Boar.
Soap Executive Shaving Fresh Mint.
Bowl Captains choice Obsidian Copper.
Razor Eveready 1912.
Blade Gem (1).
Post shave Executive Shaving Fresh Mint balm.

My new Sabre should arrive tomorrow now I have paid the fees to release it, so I wanted to shave today with the lovely 1912 razor and give the blade a chance to smooth out ready.
I really don't understand why I don't use this razor a lot more because the shave was blooming marvellous and the handle decoration is beautiful.
What a great piece of kit and a testament that proves great design is timeless, it's simple and it works.
The Sabre has big boots to fill.

The Fresh mint cream produced a rich lather but I wish it had a more powerful scent. I am not complaining though at 50% off sale price.

Enjoy the day ahead everyone.

Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

IMG_0481.png
Tues 27 Aug

Pre: Proraso blue
Razor - Fatip Original OC Copper Grande
Blade - Feather
Soap - Cella Red
Brush - Semogue 610 Boar
Post - Alum

New razor worked like a dream with a Feather blade. I like it a lot in Copper. Forgot to apply usual post shave balm as distracted by a phone call but no bad effects - must be the Cella!. Used some Simple moisturiser later in the day

SOTD Tue 27 Aug 2024

That was a shave that was - just, shave
B9CC33CF-B044-4393-AAA6-CAC36DEB675B.jpeg Vintage glass bowl
Kent soap
Semogue 1305 boar brush
PAL 1950’s model 100 razor
Astra SP blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
‘Rennie’ the rubber duck (why, no idea!)

My old glass bowl had an outing today, no bumps or raised lines in the bowl to help build lather, but I seem to get better results than with the purpose made DSCosmetic one I usually use, go figure! Gave the Kent soap another go, not a brilliant lather, looked okay, thick and fluffy but dissipated quickly. My vintage PAL tech-type came with a non original aluminium ball-end handle which I found a bit thin for my arthritic hands, so I got this un-named Chinese handle for it. Quite good, a bit of heft, looks a bit jagger-y to me (that’s Edwin, not Mick!) All told, not the greatest shave, not enough glide and cushion, but for a quick swipe round it was acceptable and now face feels and smells really nice.

Back
Top Bottom