SOTD: Saturday 24 - Friday 30 August 2024.

Mon 26th August

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Alpha Claymore Evolution V1
Feather Pro ( 7 )
Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

As no plans to head out on a Bank Holiday, decided to have a leisurely Shave. Perhaps a good idea as the blade is on its 7th outing.
Same brand Brush/ Soap work so well together and quickly produce a rich creamy lather to work with. Topside cleared OK, but not that great around the neck indicating that for me a blade change is needed.

IMG_1157.jpeg

26/08/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose
Razor - Hone 15S
Blade - Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 35 (3).jpg
The looks of the Hone are a little too contemporary for my taste's, however, the shave it delivers cannot be denied, very comfortable with enough efficiency for me, it is definitely a "let the (hefty) weight of the razor do the work".
A very comfortable BBS finish from 3 passes.
Enjoy your day all.

26 August

Signature Soaps Capra Deva
Simpson Chubby 2 (Sovereign Fibre)
Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Proraso Sensitive balm

C12E22A8-F94A-411A-88F2-EE5E03140327.jpeg
The Martin de Candre soap that I used yesterday is an excellent soap but this Signature Soaps Capra Deva betters it. A fantastic lather this morning created with my least expensive Chubby. I was so impressed. The Executive Shaving razor did an equally impressive job with the shave, two passes and I was smooth for the day ahead.

20240826_135122.jpg

My Menthol Madness Monday Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Yaqi lucky dice.
Soap Chiseled face cryogen.
Razors Leaf & Muhle Rocca.
Blade Colorlamb.
Post shave Chiseled face cryogen Balm.

A freezing shave today with the Cryogen and much needed in the hot weather.
I used the last of my random found blades and this one was unfortunately not a winner.
It produced a satisfactory shave with the Rocca but it was not pleasant, lots of tugging, you would think this thing had been used 20 times already.
I would say it's a one time use only and ideally if you have nothing else on offer.
One last thing
Johnny Bravo lesson of the day is....
Don't use Cryogen and then pop contact lenses into your eye's.

Eyes Reaction GIF by Sarah Squirm

Have a great Bank Holiday.
Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

Razor - Gillette Tech/Razorock
Blade - Blue Sword Platinum
Brush - ES Medium Synthetic
Lather - TOBS Sandalwood Cream

I really love the razor, but it’s not as forgiving as the Rockwell. Weepers around the lower neck and some irritation. The Clinique balm works wonders, though, and feeling very, very smooth now. I will go back to the Tech with some of my very fave blades, but I have a lot of blade samples to try out so they will start out in the Rockwell. No issues with the Blue Sword in the Rockwell… I’ll be buying more of them.

The TOBS cream was a bit neglected in the top cupboard, so gave it a run out. Lovely stuff.

IMG_0253.jpeg.

BDB03CD5-CFC5-4B74-8AE3-E11DF0FBF533.jpeg

Simpson Duke 2 Best
TGS Syntesi
Wizamet S.I. (1)
Speick stick
Thayer’s cucumber witch hazel
Speick Active a/s

The Duke 2 is a great little brush that punches way above its demure stature. It can tackle anything that you can throw at it, and is my favourite brush to use with shaving sticks.

Outstanding, enjoy yours gents

Misposted in the thread for last week ...

Monday 26th August

AP1GczNjQYRxZzXzp5BNdWIqN5oS_RF37jjgu6dyITxeH30HxZPIzhcAjo3dvzQRHgpv7moENEHWsRkgefyzSq4lGFp9_ghDKFgcf3iDnzgj7FbJFvWVF4ykJlHLwapMFXGmqNCqxHylNrC_lA2k982PCAzjZg=w800

Floris JF (Vintage Palmate) Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Muhle R89 Liscio & Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Jade East (Vintage) Aftershave

First proper go with this new to me Muhle R89 Liscio, which is as I understand a discontinued model which I was lucky to pick up on eBay. I've come to the recognition that what I like so much about the Souplex handle that I use often is ... the taper. This Liscio model features a tapered handle and while it is longer than I normally prefer ... I do like it!

Fun shave, that!

Back
Top Bottom