SOTD: Saturday 27 July - Friday 2 August 2024.

How impressed am I with Tiger blades? Very impressed. Very smooth
S. - I'd agree that the Tiger blades are a good fit for most razors, in my experience - I like them but currently can't see beyond Treet carbon blades - for your info if you have a problem getting more of them - they are identical to Tatra blades in every respect other than packaging. I'll cite my source below - from Gemstone Trading - who happen to have Tigers in stock. The company used to do a superb collection of Spanish shaving stuff at prices that were equal to what you would pay there but they took a kicking post-Brexit - subsequently, limited range and limited stock. Cheers - I.

SOTD Mon 29 Jul 2024

Monday sweaty, sorry, glowing, shave
F43500E7-0901-4648-ABAE-3C88785BB506.jpeg
Proraso green cream
DSCosmetic Coffee G7 brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Wizamet Super Iridium blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB

A tad warm tonight, I thought, but al least no rain! Menthol Proraso was cooling though and provided a good covering for the fine R89/Wizamet duo to slip around on. Finished off with the usual good lotions and potions leaving my face feeling and smelling grreeaat - for about 10 minutes when I started ‘glowing’ again, oh well!

SOTD: 30th July 2024.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Vitos Vegetale Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gillette Nacet. (D1)
Razor: 1940's Fat Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Bearglove ASL Spray./Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A comfortable combined early morning face & head shave to finish the month off superbly.

The Nacet blade has performed wonderfully with all of my shaves feel efficient & smooth with no signs of dulling. If I had to choose between the Feather & Nacet blade, then I prefer the Nacet, purely because of the comfort of them, even though the Feather Hi stainless is/feels sharper, the Nacet's smoothness longevity, & balanced sharpness lasts longer than the Feather. That said, the 1970's Gillette Aluminium Handle Tech/Feather Hi Stainless is my new tried & tested favourite duo.

My focus with all my Gillette & Wilkinson sword razors through out the month has been wonderful. I will continue to add both blades to my blade rotation in future shaves.

In August I will carry on with another month focus with my Gillette & Wilkinson Sword DE razors with the addition of my Chinese Gillette super-speed clones pairing them all together with a variety of Treet DE blades through out the month.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Tuesday 30 July

LEAF Thorn
Gillette 7 o’clock Sharp Edge
Williams soap
Culmak brush synthetic rehab
Zaharoff Signature after shave

For me, the LEAF Thorn is probably the best half blade razor that I’ve used, not that I’ve used a huge number but the ones that I have used don’t come close to this one. The lather from the Williams soap is very sensitive to the amount of water added with the brush and can become, weak and insipid. This then requires additional brushing into the face, which I don’t like because it tends to end up by irritating my skin. However, despite this a bbs finish was achieved easily with one main pass wtg followed by atg and pick ups.
Splash the Zaharoff and I’m ready for the day, enjoy it fellas, summer is here!

IMG_0735.jpeg

SOTD 30-Jul
1000032564.jpg
Brush: Wald J4
Soap: CGC Coaba
Razor: Friodur 17

First time in an age I'm on site at work, very rare that I bother going in now apart from exceptional cases. This Coaba and Fahrenheit dupe are a good inoffensive choice and with the 17 in tow, it was a grand shave.

Hope everyone has a good'un.

Cheers

Marc

Tues 30th July

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
RR 400 - SE Plissoft noir
L’Occitane Cade soap
Occams Hiram Commander- 2dot plate
Schick Proline ( 1 )
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

Seem to have more than the usual density of growth , so used a fresh blade. The Shave was very smooth and comfortable, and I was pleased at the quality of finish. Managed a quick shop before it gets too hot, a good move as car park not crowded and the shop nice and quiet.

IMG_1118.jpeg

SOTD: 30th July 2024.

View attachment 123283

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Vitos Vegetale Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gillette Nacet. (D1)
Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Bearglove ASL Spray./Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A comfortable combined early morning face & head shave to finish the month off superbly.

The Nacet blade has performed wonderfully with all of my shaves feel efficient & smooth with no signs of dulling. If I had to choose between the Feather & Nacet blade, then I prefer the Nacet, purely because of the comfort of them, even though the Feather Hi stainless is/feels sharper, the Nacet's smoothness longevity, & balanced sharpness lasts longer than the Feather. That said, the 1970's Gillette Aluminium Handle Tech/Feather Hi Stainless is my new tried & tested favourite duo.

My focus with all my Gillette & Wilkinson sword razors through out the month has been wonderful. I will continue to add both blades to my blade rotation in future shaves.

In August I will carry on with another month focus with my Gillette & Wilkinson Sword DE razors with the addition of my Chinese Gillette super-speed clones pairing them all together with a variety of Treet DE blades through out the month.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Bulldog Original Moisturiser.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
That's not a thin handle Tech, just the standard, so called, "fat" handle.

I stand corrected, thanks for the Information.
x-two-techs-jpg.843260

Back
Top Bottom