SOTD: Saturday 31 August - Friday 06 September 2024.

SOTD Thursday 5 September
  • Razor Gillette Adjustable FatBoy G1 (5)
  • Blade Astra Superior Platinum (2)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Cream Nivea Men – Sensitive Pro
  • Post Shave Nivea Men – Moisturizer
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Cooling Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Astra Superior Platinum blade was in my 1961 Gillette Adjustable FatBoy today.

Another very smooth shave. It’s easy to see why this is a good blade for someone starting wet shaving. No weepers or any irritation from a full head and face shave.
I picked up the Nivea Men – Sensitive pro pack about 2 years ago, $5.00 Aus for both. Great quality with a mild scent.
My soaps/creams last for ages. I look on the package to estimate the number of shaves I will get. I sue >1gm of cream and a little less from a hard soap - 100 gm will give me 100 shaves.

I have a similar process of lather build as @UncleLshaves (Laurie)
If you haven’t seen his YouTube channel, drop in and have a look, amazing lather.

68.jpg

04/09/24
Signature September
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Plus - Mühle 23mm Classic Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3 "Travel set"
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
View attachment 124829View attachment 124830
A break from SEptember for my Birthday shave with my Birthyear Slim (Well it has to be done really).
I do enjoy using this Travel Set and today was no exception, a crackin' shave today starting with a wonderful lather mixed up with the re-knotted Vintage Culmak and the Brilliant Signature soap. A great post shave finishing with a nice splash of Tuscany, a real special splash for both Mrs TC and myself.
We should have a good day out today ending with a nice restaurant meal.
Enjoy your day all.
Happy Birthday Tony
All the very best to you

04/09/24
Signature September
Post - Cold water Rinse
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
A break from SEptember for my Birthday shave with my Birthyear Slim (Well it has to be done really).
I do enjoy using this Travel Set and today was no exception, a crackin' shave today starting with a wonderful lather mixed up with the re-knotted Vintage Culmak and the Brilliant Signature soap. A great post shave finishing with a nice splash of Tuscany, a real special splash for both Mrs TC and myself.
Enjoy your day all.

Happy Birthday GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

4/9/24

42nd Birthday Shave

Soap - Valobra
Brush - Highlander TSR LE
Razor - Gillette BE Tech USA
Blade - Gillette New Chromium Edge (5)
AS - Brut Original

Like with the fine gent, Tony @Tony'schin I'm also celebrating my birthday today. A fantastic day so far, I ate some pasta for lunch. Everyone likes pasta right? Who doesn't like it? Monsters I tell you. Monsters. Sitting in their dark kitchens and dining rooms, munching on their cold crunchy turnips.

What else did I do today?

I also got one of those chocolate filled doughnuts from Lidl.

Pasta and a doughnut? Yeah, that's me, a life of decadence.

For my birthday shave, I used the stick of Valobra Paul @Blademonkey sent me, what a glorious lather. I've got quite a few bits and pieces of premium shaving soaps that I largely neglect, I'm going to be using them more now. With their tallow goodness, my chubby brown face will be as soft as one of the soft fluffy bread rolls you can buy in Lidl. and as smooth as erm, I'm trying to think of something smooth, maybe as smooth as as the outside of a Dime bar (smooth on the outside, crunchy on the inside).

Have a good day gents.

View attachment 124857
Happy Birthday GIF by Sesame Street

Happy Birthday

4/9/24

42nd Birthday Shave

Soap - Valobra
AS - Brut Original

Like with the fine gent, Tony @Tony'schin I'm also celebrating my birthday today. A fantastic day so far, I ate some pasta for lunch. Everyone likes pasta right? Who doesn't like it? Monsters I tell you. Monsters. Sitting in their dark kitchens and dining rooms, munching on their cold crunchy turnips.

For my birthday shave, I used the stick of Valobra Paul @Blademonkey sent me, what a glorious lather. I've got quite a few bits and pieces of premium shaving soaps that I largely neglect, I'm going to be using them more now. With their tallow goodness, my chubby brown face will be as soft as one of the soft fluffy bread rolls you can buy in Lidl. and as smooth as erm, I'm trying to think of something smooth, maybe as smooth as as the outside of a Dime bar (smooth on the outside, crunchy on the inside).

Have a good day gents.

View attachment 124857
Belated birthday greetings.

SOTD: 5th September 2024.

8.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11047 'Mixed Midget' Badger/Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap. (no.3)
Blade: Treet Black Carbon. (D1)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men Aqua ASL./Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another wonderful shave to finish my shaving week off on a high...The Treet Black Carbon paired together well with the Parker 55SL making a smooth efficient duo.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

bNoyvLH.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger D01 Red Dragon
Soap: Vintage Cussons Imperial Leather
Razor: Wolfman WR2
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Swede (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Plastic Shave After Shave Lotion
Scent: Geo. F. Trumper Spanish Leather EdC

4/9/24

42nd Birthday Shave

Soap - Valobra
AS - Brut Original

Have a good day gents.

View attachment 124857

Missed this one. Belated birthday wishes Shubs.

42 shaves in one day! Some going that one

4/9/24

42nd Birthday Shave

Soap - Valobra
AS - Brut Original

Have a good day gents.

View attachment 124857
Happy Birthday

04/09/24
Signature September
Post - Cold water Rinse
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
Enjoy your day all.
Belated Happy Birthday

I noticed some pillock called Chris stole the non-intellectual property of my copyrighted name, Satanfriendly, and had the damn cheek to write up an SOTD on my behalf. I shall see myself in court.

Last night's shave themed, 'Malted wheaties and other breakfast cereals'

20240905_080429.jpg

20240904_161113.jpg

Shredded - Tatara Nodachi
Nut bites - Gillette Silver Blue

Fruit and fibre - PAA Peregrino
Porridge - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Rice no Krispies - Collagen
Lucky charms - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Frosties - Mrs Satanfriendly

'I had crunchy nuts last night'
'Yes, I know darling'

A very nice bit of sink time with the Tatara/Silver Blue dishing out a shave as smooth as Ready Brek, and the Bath House providing a bowl full of lather thicker than porridge. End results? Malted Wheaties all the way

I shall end with a duo from three girls as bonkers as the Beaver in their own way. Over to you Tsu Shi Ma Mi Re

Cheerios everyone

4/9/24

42nd Birthday Shave

Soap - Valobra
AS - Brut Original

Have a good day gents.

View attachment 124857
Happy birthday Shubs!

Thursday 5 September
RazoRock Satin SILVER HAWK Single Edge Razor - V2, yaqi Chippendale handle
SV Manna di Sicilia
Feather Pro Guard x4
Vintage handle with badger reknot

The heavier ss handle gave the aluminium razor more feel during the shave, however, even with the guarded blade the atg pass did raise weepers and if I’m honest these ac razors are probably best for me with just one wtg pass and some pick ups. Rain rain go away…….
Otherwise try to enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_9625.jpeg

SOTD 05-Sep-24
1000036916.jpg
Brush: Wald A1
Soap: SSC Haverford
Razor: Blackland Sabre V2 L3 vs Vestige ++
Blade: GEM PTFE

Same routine as yesterday but switched out to the L3 and comparing against the Vestige ++.

I do have to preface this with the fact that I have a lot more face time with the Vestige, so I am a lot more familiar with it.

The finish was pretty much on par with each other, so at least for my face and technique these razors/levels are comparable in terms of efficiency. But the V2 L3 is an improvement over the V1 L2 for me.

Looking at comfort, they're about equal for the WTG pass, but the Vestige wins out on the ATG pass, I had some ever so slight pulling with the Sabre.

Maneuverability, I would give this to the Vestige as well. It obviously has a smaller profile with the blade sticking out of the back, and it's about 10g lighter, so this is no surprise.

Now I was asked whether I would recommend this as an upgrade to the Sabre V1 L2, and what I will say is that it depends.

If you were after a razor that gives you a little more flexibility in being able to change the efficiency for different levels of growth or if you were after a little more efficiency than the V1 L2, or if you didn't have the original but want a good modern GEM then the answer is yes.

If you were happy enough with the Sabre V1 L2 then, personally, I would say no. The V2 L2 didn't add that much extra for me for it to be that noticeable.

Take that for what you will, it's one man's opinion given in a short period of hands on time. I will say I do quite like the design and idea behind it though, initially I wasn't enamoured with the handle design but it has grown on me.

Overall it's good, though if I was forced to make a choice I would opt for the Vestige.

Have a grand one all.

Cheers

Marc

Wednesday 4th September

Soap • Stirling Duke
Brush • Yaqi Bali 24mm Synthetic
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Kai CT Pink (5)
Post • Stirling Duke Splash

Good shave, everything worked.
This Stirling soap is softer than the dozen or so others I have, and needs more water to get it to a creamy lather. Otherwise it performs well.
The matching splash is good. It softens and nourishes the skin more than some other Stirling splashes I have.

Back
Top Bottom