SOTD: Saturday 7 - Friday 13 September 2024.

Brush: Thater Plexi in white
Razor: Fatboy F4 setting 4
Soap: R Tantra Soaps Hampshire ( lanolin Tallow based, since Mitchells removed the Tallow )
Blade: Perma Sharp ( 5th shave, maybe the last, going to try it once more in a Super Adjustable, never used Permas before, 4 maybe the max. )
After: Old Spice Fresh Limes

Fatboy Thater Perma rsize.jpg

1000010666.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Pre shavecream.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Executive Shaving Bay Rum cream.
Razors Leaf & ikon Tek.
Blade Feather (1).
Aftershave St johns Bay Rum cooooorrr.

I was not intending to buy a new razor for a while but that blinking devil @Satanfriendly Lured me in and enabled me to pick up an Ikon Tek.
"Come Johnny Bravo look at the razor and sign in blood it could all be yours"
Deal With The Devil Smile GIF by Xbox

I looked into his satanic eyes and then to sheet of paper he was holding and it was too late I was drawn to it like a sexy moth to a flame.

Pop Tv Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

I soon had it in my sexy hands and held it aloft like Heman and shouted "I am Johnny Bravo the most dam sexiest man alive and I will weild this razor like a pro and not a mark on my bloody gorgeous face will be seen!"
He Man Power GIF

So confident was I that I even popped a Feather into the razor and away I went.
Throwing it around my face like Zorro. I will show that devil @Satanfriendly he has not tricked me into a blood letting, no blood shall spill today.
Mask Zorro GIF

After 3 perfect passes I became baby smooth and I really mean smooth like the feeling of baby oil on my manly chest.

Whats Up Nod GIF by WWE

I walked outside to get an independent verdict from a passing lady. She took one look at ol Johnny and swooned.

Confused Olive Oil GIF by MOODMAN

Yep safe to say it was job done.
So Mr @Satanfriendly you didn't fool ol Johnny Bravo I am far to slick for those tricks and I get to keep my soul you Cad.

Shirley Temple GIF

It's time for Johnny to head inside and speak to the wife.
Enjoy the night everyone and Mr Satan dude just sit back and watch Johnny Bravo slide away with a nice new shiny razor and soul intact ha ha.

Laterz taterz

happy michael jackson GIF by CBBC

SOTD Tue 10 Sep 2024

Maybe it’s nostalgia, shave
713CB465-141F-4948-BDFB-32EF27589660.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
Proraso White cream
Omega 10065 boar brush
Feather Popular razor
Dorco ST301 blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
‘Rennie’ the rubber duck

Couldn’t find the right angle of attack tonight with the Feather lightweight razor, but still managed a reasonable shave. No blood but a bit of aftershave sting. Should be better with more practice, still smooth and fragrant though. So, Italian shaving cream, a boar brush and a pretend Gillette Slim Twist, this sounds like a nostalgia thing, perhaps from the eighties, but there again, how would I know, I had a full beard back then (think ZZ Top! Yes, those were the days!)

SOTD Wednesday 11 September
  • Razor Gillette Slim Adjustable J4
  • Blade Gillette Wilkinson Sword Stainless (1)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Soap Wilkinson Sword - Black
  • Post Shave Nivea Men – Moisturiser
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Cooling Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Wilkinson Sword blade was in my 1964 Gillette Slim Adjustable today.

The Gillette Saloon pack is great value. 100 x blades were around $12 Aus – Amazon.
A nice daily shave, very comfortable with no weepers or irritation.
Matched with Wilkinson Sword soap – Black Barber Style. Very fresh citrus scent.

I kept the Gillette Slim on 5, mid setting for daily use.

71.jpg

11/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Vintage Culmak Plus - Mühle 23mm Classic Silvertip
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd "The Genuine"
A/S - Floïd "The Genuine"
Wk37 (5).jpg
That was a cracker of a shave, plenty of wonderfully protective lather whipped up on the chin with a brush that is becoming a firm favourite, the knot is feels great on the face and the handle is a great fit for me, small but easy to hold in my fingers.
The B1 repeater is also a lovely razor to use, with the correct angle it delivers a very comfortable, very efficient shave, today i could have left it a 2 passes with touch ups, however, i had easily enough for a full pass so thought "what the hell" and went for a 3rd pass resulting in a very smooth finish, i did get a little fleeting indication from the splash.
Yes, i did enjoy that.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom