brogues

Well, my Herring Kendals arrived today and they are utterly superb but then I've never owned a pair of shoes of this quality. Loake Mulligan boots in dark brown waxy leather for my fortieth (I hope!) then perhaps a pair of Loake Oban for the odd formal occasions. Gives me three different sole types, a derby shoe and an oxford shoe plus a boot and three different colours. The Oban being a semi-brougue is a wee change too and all are English-made. My old Grandad would be proud.

Gairdner said:
Well, my Herring Kendals arrived today and they are utterly superb but then I've never owned a pair of shoes of this quality. Loake Mulligan boots in dark brown waxy leather for my fortieth (I hope!) then perhaps a pair of Loake Oban for the odd formal occasions. Gives me three different sole types, a derby shoe and an oxford shoe plus a boot and three different colours. The Oban being a semi-brougue is a wee change too and all are English-made. My old Grandad would be proud.

They made it before Christmas! Even better in person?

Showered, shaved & did, erm, the other 'S', got dressed and slipped my feet into these pieces of English master craftsmanship. Never in my life had a pair of shoes like them!

Herring's had a 10% discount advertised on Twitter but sadly I missed out on this due to my lack of observational skills but a wee, polite tweet later, I was told they'd pop in a free pair of cedar shoe trees to compensate so I was even more delighted when they arrived today, shod thus. The trees are £35 and usually bought with the shoes plus they sent a tin of their own branded shoe polish which is also made in England.

I'm a tad sweaty after applying and buffing three coats of this goodly potion. Shoes are now sitting happily on the rocking chair with their trees fitted.

I'm over, under and all round the moon so owe my thanks to TSR and Boab, who recommended Herring's earlier, I believe, in this very thread. Ta muckle, fellas.

Barker Harrison today, great boots and the dainite sole is great in this weather.
[attachment=9297]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389268646.612850.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389268646.612850.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 63
Worked it out, the phone was upside down when I took the pic, didn't realise this would affect the rotation but it obviously does, as per these two pics.
[attachment=9298]
[attachment=9299]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389273913.077613.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389273913.077613.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 47
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389273931.187189.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389273931.187189.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 38
Lovely boots those Barker's. Still trying to decide what to go for next but I've become very fond of that light tan colour.

Loake do a similar colour but with a leather sole, Burford I think they are, from the 1880 range. Better suited to summer I think.

Being quite a heavy weight and with the sorts of things I spend my time doing then Dainite/Victory or even commando rubber soles would be best for me. The Barkers are just a little north of my price range tbh but I do like Loake's Thirsk Chelsea boot and their Otterburn shoes. The larger hole punching on the Harrison is grand and nicer than the Thirsk or Burford although the Otterburn shoe is similar.

Spotted the following place online and have a Harris Tweed cap on order from them. Very good prices on Loakes and I could even take a drive over with them being in Fife.

Colin White Menswear

I tried a Thirsk on today. Very, very nice!

Those are good prices. Slightly cheaper than Pediwear with the 10% Loake Club discount, but you do get shoe trees thrown in at Pediwear if you spend over £150....

OrangeSport said:
I tried a Thirsk on today. Very, very nice!

Those are good prices. Slightly cheaper than Pediwear with the 10% Loake Club discount, but you do get shoe trees thrown in at Pediwear if you spend over £150....

Indeed? Hmm, that's something to think about...:D

Spied these at Pediwear. Lust is forming!

Loake MTO Fisher at Pediwear

6092_alt3_hd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom