Cheap smellies........

Uncle Bertie said:
Aquatonic in Savers stores for 99p is very nice EDT too. I've had some very nice compliments on how it smells.
HA! I bought the gift set last month for less then the cost of pressing the pennies, and the smell is proper lush!!
Good to see I am not alone in liking that one!

Uncle Bertie said:
I've sung the praises of this before but Milton Lloyd's The Man Cobalt is a very long lasting Farenheit knockoff and only costs 4.20 delivered from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009ZUZK9C/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/278-4209949-4761612

You just cost me another £4.20 !

I hope you're darned pleased with yourself :-(

Old Spice Champion is another diamond in the rough. I picked a couple of bottles for £2 each at a local discount store.

Think it was a limited edition for the Olympics.

Dan552 said:
Old Spice Champion is another diamond in the rough. I picked a couple of bottles for £2 each at a local discount store.

Think it was a limited edition for the Olympics.

I bought the Old Spice Noir and Whitewater, didn't like them at all. You can't beat the classic original in my opinion.

My dog's got no nose.

How does he smell?

His capability of receiving olfactory stimuli is substantially impaired due to the absence of the aforementioned facial appendage.

Stan, I'll send you a sample of pashana if you want. Pm me your details if you are interested. I like it - it's a long lasting scent and quite pungent, in a good way.

Ah, but now I have some on its way I shall be able to pronounce on the matter with authority.

Just you look out - I'll put you straight !

:)

DevonStan said:
Just you look out - I'll put you straight !

:)

Haha, I wish somebody would! :D

Have fun, Stan. That's what it's all about. Just don't say you weren't warned.....:icon_eek:

I popped into my local town centre today & picked up:

Denim AS £3
Mandate EDT £5
Old Spice Whitewater EDT £3
Blue Stratos AS £3

Can't argue with that. Only problem is that my shelf in the wardrobe is full, I'm going to have to fit an extra shelf in there.

rolatruck said:
Where did you get the Denim from? I just paid £8 for mine :(

3 of them, including the Denim, came from Boyes. The Whitewater was marked at £5.99 in Savers, so I was pleasantly surprised when the till came up with £2.99.

Oh dear. Oh very dear.

I've been proudly saying how I get on with the all soaps I have and all the razors (OK...I turned the Standard round within the hour but lets not go there again)...and almost all of the blades I have (the Feather isn't a favourite as we speak).

I started this thread and have learned quite a lot since. Thanks all.

BUT... I find I'm not liking all my recent purchases of smellies. Having had them a VERY short time and with the benefit of hindsight I would not have bought:

1. Old Spice
2. Jovan Musk
3. Quorum

Fortunately I sampled the Freshwood, Pinefresh and the Sierran Breeze, Aquatonic, Tabac, John Paul Gautier Male 1 Million, John Beckham and probably a couple more - and really didn't like them in the shop.

I now know that I LOVE - Arran Aromatics Driftwood EDT, Aqua de Colonia Concentrada Natural Cologne, Thierry Mugler A*Men, Aramis EDT, Kouros EDT, Lanman and Murray Florida water.

The Issey MiyakeL'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme is in the dock awaiting final verdict but will probably stay even if the Mrs. does finish up with it.

The following are in transit to me and I'm holding my breath:

4. The 'Man Cobalt Men' EDT.
5. The Pinaud Clubman.
6. The John Paul Gautier Kocorico.
(Plus the Pashana sample is also on its way).

So, in consequence, a minimum of three and a maximum of six items may well soon be on BST all together in a box. Obviously it's not worth splitting them due to the cost of posting individual items. But if someone happens to like the smell of the above, then watch this space

the original Pinaud Clubman is Fab.
Barbershop talcum powdery smell and similar IMO to Hai Karate if you have tried that.

I'm sure a bundled smellies on BST would go quickly and leave you with some extra lolly for even more smellies. Your house must smell great with that lot. Not even a whiff of Eau de fart

Back
Top Bottom