Manky Boy restoration!

Glad you're feeling more confident about it. Enjoying this thread!
Thanks NTS!,the work shop is nearly done now,hopefully should be up and running in a couple of weeks...
Its at this stage now...
uCTbSee.jpg

Still awaiting a few bits and bobs from China,and I need to get a couple of 8x4 sheets of MDF,or chipboard to cover that back wall with,so I can mount the PSU,air pump,digital thermometers,and other bits to it,so each of the 5,5ltr tanks are filtered,heated,adgitated,monitored,at all times,with everything out of the way of the workspace...
Still need to get the in-line extractors out and install them though...:)
But I am getting there!.

Just ordered the last of the chemicals this morning,so all going well chemical wise!.Even got 25 ltrs of de-ionised,de-mineralised water for the mixes and final rinse's....Got to do things 'proper';)

Last edited:
Yes I'm also very interested in your impressive prep, Dr T. I hooked up a similar ventilator last summer. Rather than pay retail prices I bought some kit off ebay that turned out to be from a cannabis farm. Bargain, but smelt a bit .. herby. What's the lighter fluid used for btw?

Yes I'm also very interested in your impressive prep, Dr T. I hooked up a similar ventilator last summer. Rather than pay retail prices I bought some kit off ebay that turned out to be from a cannabis farm. Bargain, but smelt a bit .. herby. What's the lighter fluid used for btw?
Well....Funny you say that PhilD....I have a very funny feeling my in-lines came from the same hydroponic background that yours did,but mine don't smell of anything!.I am 'guessing' the friend I bought them off (about 10 years ago) was growing the likes of cucumbers,and tomatoes....:rolleyes:.I bought his whole set-up for £200,and I know he spent nearly £1000 on it.Shame he didn't do his water quality research before hand,I did tell him it wasn't as simple as he was lead to believe by some of less scrupulous 'acquaintances'! ,and I even gave him lessons and gave him a few books on PH,TDS,DH,etc,but the lust for cheap 'cucumbers' got the better of him,and he started spending...He sold me all of his kit,at a cut down price,about 9 months later,as I was the only one to help him out with his water quality issues!.
As for the Zippo lighter fluid,well that my friend,is for filling Zippo's!.

Back
Top Bottom