Manky Boy restoration!

Well in the spirit of the thread,after much deliberation,(well,about 5 minutes),I will show you all my method for keeping a solution at a controlled temp.....I use one of these!.
6gSfETr.jpg

But that is a normal slow cooker I hear you cry!...Well,not quite!....A normal slow cooker,usually has 3 settings,low,medium,high,so how do you successfully,and accurately control the temperature then?...One of these might help!....
xRffK6Z.jpg

What is it?,well my fellow neophyte's,that is a 300w table lamp dimmer,costs about £3-5 on the bay,and all it is doing,is,with some trial and error lowering the current going into the slow cookers heating element,effectively controlling the temperature (luckily,a slow cooker is pretty stupid,electrically wise,and even this rather big 6.5 ltr one is only 290w).
By the way,I wont be putting any solutions directly into the slow cooker!!!!!,I will use 1-1.5 ltr Kilner Jars,filled with the appropriate solutions,and use the controlled temperature of the slow cooker,to heat up the solutions....If that makes sense?...LOL!.

Last edited:
Like the others, I'm loving this thread. Looking forward to the good bits!
Glad to hear you enjoying it!.
Picking up 4, 1 ltr Kilner jars on Tues/Weds next week,then all I need is one other chemical for plate stripping,before everything is ready to go....I could just activate and plate,but,there is no way I would do that,just have a look at this thread,on B&B too see why....

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/470500-Fatboy-Reborn

OMG!.....Mrs DT,has had to stop me,on a number of occasions,from replying to that thread...Because my reply would go something like this....
"WTF is that?,did the cheeky bas**rds at Razor Emporium actually CHARGE you for that?,it is obvious they never stripped it!.Just look at the before pics,and then the after pics!,you can see the marks between the old plating and the new!,what a f**k up!".
But for some reason,everyone is impressed with it! o_O.
It is obvious to me,they couldn't be bothered,I doubt if they even stripped it down into parts,I may be wrong,but.....I seriously doubt it!.
If I had waited 6 - 8 weeks and got that back....My god!,I would be kicking off left right and centre!.
Worse thing is...The razor wasn't that bad to begin with!.
Rant over...

Should be picking some stuff up today or tomorrow.Will be ordering another chemical next week,and by the time that arrives,the stuff from China should be here...Then its all systems go!.:).
Thanks for the offer @flip-68 !,but TBH,I already have a handful of razors,waiting in the wings to sort out first,and I have been sat here staring at them,wishing that I could just get on with things!....But,like they say "good things come to he who waits",and "patience is a virtue"....;)

Back
Top Bottom