Gillette face wash
Proraso pre
TOBS avacado
New forest 1901
Merkur progress set to 3.5
Flying Eagle blade then Gillette yellow
Witch hazel
Nivea balm

His shave started well, good lather on the brush and then on the face started to shave and then........nothing. This razor didnt work! It worked yesterday but the blade was new to me, sme Flying Eagle blades I purchased from ebay, they look OK, in fact they looked really good.... But they didn't work, they didnt touch my hairs at all, didnt cut jus tugged. Did a whole pass which felt like I hadn't started. I swapped to the Yellow and finished and the end result was ok but I think the FE blades must be the problem.

When I have time later I will investigate, I sent some of these blades to Grunter so will be note rested to hear if he has used them yet?

Simon

After Simon's comments I dug out my FE's and brought my shave forward.
Same procedure as always hot water splash at the sink,MWF,HD Rocket.
First cheek-Lots of tugging,almost painful and not much whisker removal.In denial of what I just experienced tried the other cheek with the same result.
They made the Wilkie's Laser's I tried recently feel ultra sharp.
Quickly switched to the Rapira Swedish Supersteel which was on its 5th shave and my face felt like it was massaged by Hummingbird wings as it effortlessly completed the shave.
Noted NTS comments above but I really could not have pain/tugging sensation until 2nd pass. I can't imangine how they would have felt on the neck!
On the plus side I have tried a blade That I didn't have thanks to Simon:icon_razz:

I think quality control is an afterthought with some of the Chinese blades.
If you try these blades yo will see they didnt forget quality control, they forgot to put them in t be sharpened! please see my thread about these blades, I would really like to send you a few to try and comment upon, your experience would confirm both of our thoughts and you may have some FEs to compare against to see if they are maybe fakes?
Si

Proraso pre
TOBS Almond SC
Semogue 1305 Boar
Merkur 34c HD
Feather (2)
Thayer's Original
Cade ASB
[attachment=7279]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368655660.959947.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368655660.959947.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 15
Tall_Paul said:
Did you see the Good Doctor taunting me with his razor recently?

Mart

I did see Juan had been 'in your face' with his Cobra. Has your Cobra baboon been going mad about it?
[/quote]

Yeah, he and that bastard John were having their virtual way with me there. Juan waggling his wand and calling "Martin, oh Martin". Damn snake oil salesman.

Shave shaving cream (Australian)
Henk walnut silvertip
Gillette Super Blue
Merkur Progress on 1.5, 1
Vitos pre-shave (as post)

Decent shave. Review of the cream imminent

Myrsol emulsión
M&F Lee7 2 Bands
MÜHLE R89 + Astra Superior Stainless
JabonMan Vetiver-Mandarina
Mennen Skin Brazer

img0017copia.jpg

Have a nice day!​

Thursday

Gillette face wash
Proraso pre
Derby cream
New forest 1901 brush
Merkur progress (3)
Gillette yellow (2)
Witch hazel
TOBS Mr Taylor as

Good shave but took the head off a spot, this cream is not forgiving and once used up I will not be replacing

weds night

usual hot face wash with soap
simpson brush
NSS lavender soft soap
BBR with lab blue
nivia sensitive asb
T+H trafalgar cologne

good close smooth shave
steve

Another Hotel Room shave for me, so back to the Ingram, this time the hotel had a decent amount of lighting and a steam proof mirror :)

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Simpson Case
Cream: Ingram
Razor: Gillette Bostonian
Blade: Gillette SuperThin
Balm: Barbershop Bay Rum
Cologne: Issey Mayake

Decent shave this morning, starting to go off the Ingram now myself, The first couple of uses this week were a bit nostalgic for me so I enjoyed them for that reason, but now I'm looking forward to something with much less or preferably no MENTHOL.

Thursday:

Back in my own bathroom after a couple of days in a hotel.

Semogue SOC Boar
Ingram's (cream of the week)
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
Proraso AS

Very nice. A bit late to the party with the cream of the week this week, but better late than never. Ingram's plus Proraso is a damned chilly shave!

Greetings

Thursday 16th May 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: PAL Injector
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus NOS circa. 1967
Brush: Semogue 620 boar
Soap: Tabac stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A very nice shave indeed. This PAL injector and the blades are an exceedingly generous gift from across the pond from Martin (Dodgy). I have, only on one previous occasion shaved with a PAL Adjustable and that was a loan razor from Andrew (AJC354); this was last July and at that time I was new to SE razors in general and injectors in particular.

This razor is different from my other injectors, it shaves perfectly but needs a slightly different blade to face angle from my other injectors including my standard PAL, it has a completely different feel to it, not bad or difficult in any way just different and hard to properly explain.

These old blades are very good indeed exceedingly smooth and sharp, I used the razor on it's highest setting as it did not seem to cut very well on the lower settings and there was absolutely zero tug with these blades.

I am absolutely thrilled with my new 'toys', thanks Martin!

Regards
Dick.

DSC04315.JPG

Thursday xvi May, 2013

Prep: Hot shower, Dove Men+Care Sensitive Facial Wash
Brush: Custom Neep
Soap: The Chap Old Colonial Sandalwood, Tobacco & Lime
Razor: Ikon 2PB
Blade: Voskhod #3
ASL: Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

Result: Mmm, a strange performance from the Old Colonial, too much water I think - loads and loads of lather that collapsed and disappeared very quickly. As I say I think I added too much water. That said the shave itself was fine.

All the best, gents.

Jon

Prep: Shower
Brush: Semogue
Razor: Mappin & Webb 11/16" near wedge
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Astringent: Osma Alum
Aftershave: TOBS No.74 Victorian Lime
Eau de Toilette: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

SOTD-13-05-16_zps9c0dc619.jpg

Notes: Another close, smooth and almost irritation-free shave. A bit too much pressure trying to get those pesky whiskers under my jawline.

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Joseph Allen 6/8" Extra hollow ground
Brush: Neep #1145 onyx chess pawn 26mm extra silvertip
Soap: Cella

Lovely.

Thursday 16th May

sotd16513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered
Kent BK8 brush
Gillette OC Old type
Polsilver super iridium (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Comfortable shave very pleased with the result today. I bought this old type razor last week. It was sitting in its tatty box scruffy looking and unloved. I gave it a good scrub with some cillit bang limescale cleaner. Then followed with some silver polish and buffed with a micro fibre cloth. The result was a major improvement. The silvers missing on the bent handle but it still shaves well for a razor over 85 years old.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom