Hot flannel
Sir Irisch moos cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Commodore x3 best badger brush
Gillette Aristocrat 16
Rapira chrome (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Sir Irisch moos aftershave balsam

Close, comfortable no irritation shave today. The blade felt like I'd caught the edge cleaning the razor yesterday and just dulled it a little. I won't push this blade for my normal 3 shaves and out. Tomorrow a different razor and blade set up.

Brian

Re: RE: S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th May to Friday 17th May 2013

Grunter said:
Scswalex said:
Wednesday

A very BAD experience today

Gillette face wash
Proraso pre
TOBS avacado
New forest 1901
Merkur progress set to 3.5
Flying Eagle blade then Gillette yellow
Witch hazel
Nivea balm

His shave started well, good lather on the brush and then on the face started to shave and then........nothing. This razor didnt work! It worked yesterday but the blade was new to me, sme Flying Eagle blades I purchased from ebay, they look OK, in fact they looked really good.... But they didn't work, they didnt touch my hairs at all, didnt cut jus tugged. Did a whole pass which felt like I hadn't started. I swapped to the Yellow and finished and the end result was ok but I think the FE blades must be the problem.

When I have time later I will investigate, I sent some of these blades to Grunter so will be note rested to hear if he has used them yet?

Simon

After Simon's comments I dug out my FE's and brought my shave forward.
Same procedure as always hot water splash at the sink,MWF,HD Rocket.
First cheek-Lots of tugging,almost painful and not much whisker removal.In denial of what I just experienced tried the other cheek with the same result.
They made the Wilkie's Laser's I tried recently feel ultra sharp.
Quickly switched to the Rapira Swedish Supersteel which was on its 5th shave and my face felt like it was massaged by Hummingbird wings as it effortlessly completed the shave.
Noted NTS comments above but I really could not have pain/tugging sensation until 2nd pass. I can't imangine how they would have felt on the neck!
On the plus side I have tried a blade That I didn't have thanks to Simon:icon_razz:

I think quality control is an afterthought with some of the Chinese blades.

Hot shower
Proraso pre, green
NF Tubby 1, Cella
Weber Polished, Personna Med Prep (2)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

Been banging on about my FrankenWeber lately... well, got bored with having all my razors lying around in bits, so I've decided to go back to everything as God (and the manufacturers) intended. Used the unadulterated polished Weber... lovely!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Chubby 3
Razor: Delolme, Veritable
Soap: Nannys French Lavendel
AS: Malibu by Fonex (manly Turkish AS/cologne and some would prob say it's to much, but I like it and it has excellent AS treatment)
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

782sirbrian said:
Wednesday 15th May

sotd15513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Gillette Aristocrat 16
Rapira chrome (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel

Close, comfortable no irritation shave today. The blade felt like I'd caught the edge cleaning the razor yesterday and just dulled it a little. I won't push this blade for my normal 3 shaves and out. Tomorrow a different razor and blade set up.

Brian

That's another classy razor there Brian. Those Aristos are stunners. An Aristo is now on my Christmas/b'day wish list!

Shower soap from Aleppo
Proraso Pre shave white (old)
SWK XL scuttle
Semogue 2030B
Muhle R41
Polisilver #2
Proraso white (old)
Proraso balm (old)

shavecraft said:
782sirbrian said:
Wednesday 15th May

sotd15513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Gillette Aristocrat 16
Rapira chrome (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel

Brian

That's another classy razor there Brian. Those Aristos are stunners. An Aristo is now on my Christmas/b'day wish list!

Thankyou :blush: I seem to have a bit of a craze on them just now.
Regards Brian

Gillette Aristocrat Junior
Gillette Super Thin Platinum (1)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Proraso white soap (new)
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Frederic Malle Noir Epices

Lovely shave. I love the sound the Aristocrat Jnr as it cuts through; Proraso soaps are consistently excellent; and the SOC 2-band has a firm backbone, soft tips, and not much in the way of 'scritch'. These Vietnamese Super Thin Platinums seem decent also, first time out.

This Malle impresses me: like carrying a bouquet of roses and carnations through a spice bazaar laid out on sandalwood.

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
ATT Titan M1 / 7 O'Clock Yellow
Semogue 2012 SEOC
Martin De Candre
Myrsol Agua Balsamica

I can see a few more Myrsol purchases in the near future. The finish to a very enjoyable shave tonight.

barlines said:

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
ATT Titan M1 / 7 O'Clock Yellow
Semogue 2012 SEOC
Martin De Candre
Myrsol Agua Balsamica

I can see a few more Myrsol purchases in the near future. The finish to a very enjoyable shave tonight.

7 O'Clock yellow! Pfff what the hell! :)

Much better than the carnage at the weekend, hardly any nicks, the setting on the adjustable was much much lower.

Prep: Shower
Cream: TOBS Mr Taylor
Razor: Futur
Blade: Wilkinson
AS: Floid
AB: D.R. Harris Arlington

I do enjoy the products above but im looking to add some more things to the rotation as it can get pretty boring. Im looking for some opinions on what to expect fellow shavers- I bought some Myrsol products (emulsion and the blue&balsamic aftershaves)- I saw some of your posts Barlines, as you have been raving about the stuff, not that it took much, but you did convince me.
I also got some La Toja cream and AS. Has anyone tried these products?

Thanks

Bill

Hot face splash

Weber Polished/Bulldog
Rapira Swedish Supersteel (3)
MWF F.L.
TGN 24mm Finest Badger
Alum

Still (or should I say steel) really like the Rapira blades - not too sharp but enough to be smooth with few nicks/irritation. The re-knotted FS handle with TGN Fan brush really lathered well also with MWF though the dense knot feels weighty with lather in it. Going to try the Rapira SSs blade in 34C tomorrow probably and see how it works out.

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Prep: Hot flannel
Razor: CJB Kamisori \ Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Proguard (2) \ Feather Professional (5)
Brush: Simpsons PJ 2 band
Soap: Nannys French Lavender hard soap - face lathered

Two WTG passes with the Kamisori, and an ATG pass with the Plisskin has left me as smooth as a billiard ball and not a drop of claret spilled.

How odd after last night's Sweeney Todd impression!

dodgy said:
I didn't see if you tried that Proguard blade in the Cobra. That's the one I woulda started with.

Did you see the Good Doctor taunting me with his razor recently?

Mart

I haven't tried that yet Mart. Once you get the hang of the Plisskin it tames a Feather Professional pretty well.

I did see Juan had been 'in your face' with his Cobra. Has your Cobra baboon been going mad about it?

Back
Top Bottom