S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th October to Friday 24th october 2014

Tuesday 21st October

SOTD211014_zpsb338f7d2.jpg

Warm Shower
Hot towel
Tabac stick grated bowl lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette ABC Gold with scroll handle (1909)
Astra SP (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
Tabac aftershave

T&H 1805 shaving cream
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
ATT M2 Kronos
Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp (1)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 ASB
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 EDT

Finally got to try an Indian 7 O'Clock Permasharp (blade courtesy of generous member LeeBot) and although not the closest shave for me, the result was't half bad and certainly comfortable without irritation :)

TUESDAY EVENING

Pre: Hot rinse
Soap: MdC Fougere
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 2-band
Razor: Feather AC teak kamisori
Blade: Feather Proguard

Luxury shave tonight. The Chubby 2 is a lather monster! (I christen thee 'eater of software')

pjgh said:
There is a world of safety razors out there spanning over a century of innovation. Sadly, many came with custom and proprietary blades which did not win the format wars and so are consigned to display cabinets as pretty pieces of shaving curio, never to taste flesh again.

Every now and again, a happy coincidence is spotted and some modern blade is found to just work ...

There is a small margin for adjusting presentation - I like an aggressive shave, so went with a good presentation. I also found that the handle effecting a slant worked out best for me and I was rewarded with a single pass, clean, effective and so efficient removal of a couple of days stubble.

I still can't get over just how soft the shave was - I was concerned that the blade was not making contact, but the stubble removal was quite evident. Perhaps it's another happy coincidence that this frame can came these very sharp Gillettes?

Much enjoyed!

Interesting, I was looking at the American Kriss Kross razor recently, that was until I realised it was an odd blade size. I may take another look at them now. Thanks for the detailed info Paul. :)

Wednesday xxii October, 2014

Pre: Hot shower, Acqua di Parma Collezione Barbiere
Brush: Kent V21 Badger & Bristle
Soap: Palmolive & La Toja
Razor: Executive Shaving Braveheart on a Maggard MR3 Handle
Blade: Polsilver Stainless #w
Fragrance: Knize Forest Toilet Water
Results: Not bad but a sweep of alum required to stem the several weepers. On the road for a couple of days now so on to the travel kit.

All the best,

Jon

Shower prep
Irisch Moos soap
Semogue BC Texugo
Merkur 37C
Feather blade (2)
Proraso Post shave
Prorasso Blue balm

Nice shave but the Feather blades seem to leave me with more weepers than my Wilkies, I'm happy with the Wilkies' performance so I might relegate the Feathers to head shaves only?

Greetings

Wednesday 22nd October 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Merkur 37C Slant
Blade: Super Iridium
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: La Toja Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: CK Obsession
Regards
Dick.

DSC05628.JPG

[/img]

Wednesday

Morning, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Astra SS (5)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe And Hemp Juniper and Sage
Aftershave: Pierre Cardin
Cologne: Pierre Cardin

An excellent BBS. I love the Kell's soap; I've only got tiny bits of this sample left in the corners of a small tub, but I still get lashings of terrific lather out of it.

Back
Top Bottom