S.O.T.D - Saturday 27th September to Friday 3rd October

fancontroller said:
jodypress said:
My birthday SOTD.

Hardware: Mastro Livi Loom strop, brush and 9/8 Carbon Damascus in Ambiona scales.
Software: Santa Maria Novella

Happy birthday, Jody.

How are you liking the SMN soap and AS? Pretty amazing stuff, don't you think?

Hi Mike,

Thanks. I've been using the pre and shaving cream for a while. When I was in Florence last year I went to the SMN store. Fantastic place and got the post shave balm and aftershave. Fantastic stuff.

Shower
RSC Cooling face lather
Semogue 830
37c
Astra SP
Groomed moisturiser
Hugo Boss Orange
Found a packet of the SPs in my "box", haven't used them for months as I didn't like the originally. However, what a cracking shave! Smooth as silk, effortless removal of 3 days growth. A little bit tingly now, but certainly worth another go!

Firstly Happy Birthday Jody.

Secondly, WOW what a shave, I used the following;

Prep: Dove soap wash, hot flannel.
Brush: Vie-Long Horse hair - my mane brush :p
Soap: Whickham Super Smooth Spice Trade
Razor: Kropp 6/8 finished with 1966 SS Flairtip
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue.
AS: M&S Woodspice Balm.

After a few problems with my other brush, I switched things around a little, I have reacquainted myself with my Vie-Long Horse hair brush which has been my mane brush (with a splash of tail) almost since the beginning. Boy this brush is good, an almond sized blob of super smooth had my horse fighting to keep its head above the lather overflow.

The soap is brilliant, for the first time my Kropp slipped over my skin, no irritation, no cuts (apart from my clumsiness near the side of my eye a minor nick.), I carried on with the Kropp on both sides of my neck. 2 Passes wtg later and I finished off with my 1966 SS Flairtip.

Awesome shave today, no resistance on my cheeks or sideburns no matter which way i rub em. There are a couple of rough but acceptable spots but as I am still fairly new at this I am happy with.

Jim

Master shaving stick
Schick m on 4
Modern Schick blade (2)
Edwin Jagger boar

Used some of my remnants of dunhill a/s as I have some Milton Lloyd Henley smell-alike coming. Hope it's good and lasts a decent amount of time.

GDCarrington said:
For tomorrow's (9-28) shave I will use a Japanese made Schick blade in a Type F Schick ...

What's doin Gary,

Good seeing the F type in your arsenal and I will be curious what you think after a few shaves with that.

Congrats on the probable pleasant addition to the rotation,

Martin

IMG_6843.JPG

Damn good soak
Erasmic Lather Shave Cream
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Ever Ready 1912
GEM Stainless Coated (1)
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & X/ATG

End of a tough weekend fencing. Epee on Saturday, foil Sunday. Very tough indeed but I had huge fun, made loads of new friends, bounced around loads and scored a load of points. Huge fun!

Time for some beers ...

Palmolive stick
Omega 10098
Feather popular
Feather blade
Boss black edt

After yesterday's bad shave, fancied something a little milder. The feather pop is like chucking a mach3 around my chops. 2 pass, not the smoothest finish but super comfy.

Great shave this morning with Wickhams super smooth and a brand new Polsilver SI.

Wickhams Super Smooth club cola
Omega 49
DE89 +Polsilver SI
Myrsol f/extra

isaiah53 said:
Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Sunday 28th September 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick 66 G4 Injector
Blade: Personna Plat. Chrome NOS
Brush: Semogue Mistura
Cream: Ingram
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: FKUK Friction

A really nice shave, purchased the Ingram's cream from Savers yesterday and noticed they have redesigned the packaging on the cream and the black tub, the contents are, it states, the same.

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0785.JPG

whats the fcuk scent like dick? a few years back i used to use a fcuk body spray in a blue tin and i got so many compliments from it. it smelt a lot more sophisticated than youd expect, and id love to find an edt equivalent.
Greetings I think it is very light and flowery (that's a poor description) but like most of the cheap EDT's it has very little staying power.

Regards
Dick.

Sapone : Cold River Soap Works Classic N°1
Pennello : Simpson Chubby 3 in Manchurian
Rasoio : Friodur 8/8
Strop : Paciccella in Cordovan
AS : Floid Vigoroso

Smoke of the Day:

Pipe : Peterson Churchwarden D6
Tobacco : Cornell & Diehl daVINCI

image.php

image.php