S.O.T.D - Saturday 27th September to Friday 3rd October

Inaugural RazoR'OC'k-tober shave!
Pre: RazoRock/HTGAM mentholated lime soap
Soap: RazoRock XXX
Brush: Dymondwood 23mm TGN synthetic
Razor: Ikon Deluxe OC
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock black (2)

Kicked off the month of RazoR'OC'k-tober with a 'bang'! ;)
SWMBO picked the XXX scent this morning...One of her favorites.
IMG_20141001_065659.jpg

Just a text report :(

Warm Shower, cold rinse
Supermax cream, face lathered using a KIS
Merkur Progress (short handle) fully dialled down
Personna something blade (3)
Cold rinse
Glycerine
Aquatonic A/S

This is the first week I have used the Progress, despite buying it some months back. It didn't excite me much so I wasn't too motivated to try it, but I now understand why people love this razor.

The fact that the blade is held so firmly in the head combined with the heavier-than-it-looks heft gives a completely solid shave with no 'judder' as compared with the few other razors I've tried. Just smooth and precise. I also found the under-hooter area easier to negotiate than with other head shapes such as Fatboy.

The noise, which is probably enhanced with a cold shave routine, is like a Mazzer grinder – that combination of hewn-from-the-solid mass combined with precision engineering. Love it.

I've started out cautiously since I hate weepers. The result is less than BBS after my single pass WTG, but still better than, say, with a Bic disposable after many passes. I guess that is the efficiency that people describe. Not a hint of a nick or weeper although I didn't go the full alum today.

Looking forward to increasing the aggression in future, though to be honest it will probably give a great shave after a couple of passes just on minimum setting.

Drink: Sailor Jerry & Aloe Vera Drink
Music: Clint Ruin & Lydia Lunch

DSC07245.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
NSS Ice & Slice
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Personna Safety Razor
Gillette Silver (Govt) [2]
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Brut Original Aftershave

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

What a great razor! Being so sculpted, it fitted up to my face most intuitively! I have read from another owner that it sort of sticks to the face, and I did feel that. It reminded me that I needed lather ...

pjgh said:

DSC07245.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
NSS Ice & Slice
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Personna Safety Razor
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Brut Original Aftershave

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

What a great razor! Being so sculpted, it fitted up to my face most intuitively! I have read from another owner that it sort of sticks to the face, and I did feel that. It reminded me that I needed lather ...

It is similar effect (the sculpture head thingy) with the 37c, you can kind of slide it back on the sculptured bit while still touching the face.

And that was post 1000.

Good night and good luck.

Shemen Zait said:
pjgh said:

DSC07245.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
NSS Ice & Slice
Kent Infinity Silvertex
Personna Safety Razor
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Brut Original Aftershave

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

It is similar effect (the sculpture head thingy) with the 37c, you can kind of slide it back on the sculptured bit while still touching the face.

And that was post 1000.

Good night and good luck.

Ha! Yes, that was post 1000 :D

This razor has three sides on the cap - each side presented a great angle, just right for the blade. So, yes, just push the flat edge against your face and you've got the correct angle.

It worked a treat!

RazoR'OC'k-tober (2 Oct)
Pre: RazoRock/HTGAM mentholated lime soap
Soap: RazoRock Captain's Choice bay rum
Brush: California Redwood Burl handle, 24mm TGN Finest 2-band
Razor: Ikon OSS w/SE handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock black (3)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by Barbershop (UK) bay rum
IMG_20141001_194710.jpg

G&F 931 Apollo Stainless Handle
Gillette Silver Blue
Stirling Black Ice Shave Soap
WSP Prince Silvertip
Stirling Bay Rum Witch Hazel Aloe Balm
Bowling Green After Shave
Seagrapes Studio Shave Bowl

The G & F 931 top plate has a narrower width then the 2011' R41. It meassures 18mm. Extremely aggressive razor with a lot of blade exposure.

Back
Top Bottom