Wednesday iii June, 2013

Prep: Hot shower, Savon de Provence Shea butter soap
Pre: Cold water splash
Soap: Tabac stick grated into a bowl
Brush: Frank Shaving Finest Badger Turnback
Razor: Miraki straight with Miraki blade
Post: Alum, Thayers Medicated WH, Zirh post shave solution
ASL: Alpa Fougére

Result: Oh dear. Bit of claret this morning. I got a little cocky with the Miraki and it showed its teeth to remind me that more respect is required. Suffice to say, not smooth, and not a great result. Still in love with the Fougére, though.

All the best guys.

Jon

Monday Evening Head shave

EJDE89
Red Personna
Vulfix Bodger
Nannys Lime

Today

EJDE89
Red Personna
Vulfix Bodger
Nannys Lime
Yardley Citrus and Wood

Greetings

Wednesday 3rd July 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Merkur 37c Slant
Blade: Rapira Pink & Blue Pkt.
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Cream: Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

My very first use of this razor which I recently purchased from Barlines. It is wrong to judge a razor based on a single shave but I am hugely impressed and surprised; surprised how easy it was to shave with; absolutely nothing like it's reputation' it felt very little different from a Gillette New in terms of aggression and ease of shave and ten times less fierce than an R41!

I managed as near to a perfect shave as is possible with my usual three passes and although it is something I never do, I feel it would be just possible to shave with two passes using this razor, there was very little touching up required during my third pass. One of my very best DE shaves ever perhaps my very best.

Many thanks Leon.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04458.JPG

Morning all,

Face prep with Droyt soap
Proraso Pre Green
T&H No10 cream
Progress (set at 2.5)
Vulfix 404
Floid 'Genuine' A/S
T&H No10 ASB

Another great shave from soft and hardware, however have now confirmed the progress is suffering from the blade alignment snag. I turned the head around so the line and arrow mark where at opposite ends and it seems to sort the gaps out, but have not shaved like that yet. Can anybody else comment on this problem ?

This mornings shave.
Merkur 38C Barberploe
German Silver tip
Israeli Presona (From Tenerife)
TOBS Lemon & Lime Bowl lathered.
Old Stock Gillette ASB
TOBS Gentleman's AS
3 Passes no touch ups
BBS I have really been impressed with this razor.
Note to self:: Stop being lazy and try some different blade man, you have got enough.

Just off to the driving range to sort out my lazy (Under active) hands then a sociable 4 ball and a spot of lunch. Not too bad this retirement lark plenty of free time but not a lot of money to spend in that free time. Suppose you can't have everything you want.

Wednesday:

Nanny's French Lavender hard soap
Semogue 2012 SE
FaTip/Weber Bulldog
Feather
Indian Old Spice

I was running late this morning (snooze button on alarm) so didn't have much time for a shave this morning. I decided to use one of my more efficient (aggressive) razors. The FaTip/Weber Bulldog/Feather combo is pretty damn efficient! A couple of passes, a couple of weepers and the job was done.

Smooth, but not super comfortable.

Tonka Man said:
Morning all,

Face prep with Droyt soap
Proraso Pre Green
T&H No10 cream
Progress (set at 2.5)
Vulfix 404
Floid 'Genuine' A/S
T&H No10 ASB

Another great shave from soft and hardware, however have now confirmed the progress is suffering from the blade alignment snag. I turned the head around so the line and arrow mark where at opposite ends and it seems to sort the gaps out, but have not shaved like that yet. Can anybody else comment on this problem ?

Both my Progress razors creep out of alignment over a period of time. Try giving the razor a good clean with foamy bathroom cleaner and an old toothbrush. The soap scum gets down in the workings and has an effect on alignment.

Regards Brian

Tuesday night

Razor : Fatip Grande
Blade : Polsilver SI
croap : Cella
brush : C&E Super badger
Splash : Clinique Happy

Second excellent shave from the Fatip/Polsilver combo. I did change the soap as I had a need for Cella but have to say I think I prefer the Body Shop for the shave itself.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: Speick (grated)
Brush: TGN 2-band badger in Grosvenor handle
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black/Indian (3)
EdT: Lalique Hommage a l'Homme

Quick "1 1/2 pass" shave as on the way to a painting exhibition. Surprisingly comfortable though :)

Afternoon, all.

Wednesday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Weishi
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (5)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Cussons Graphite
A/S: Boots Witch Hazel and Tea Tree Oil Toner
Cologne: Pole Position

Another perfectly decent shave - so long as nobody runs their hands over my face. Fat chance.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave (sensitive)
Soap: Prof. Blighty's Grapewood
Brush: Semogue 830
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Razor: Cadet OC TP02-SS
Blade: Astra blue
After: Alum, Barbershop Bay Rum, Bluebeard's Revenge ASB

Long time since I've used the Professor's soap; it was good to use again. Loads of lather and summery fruity smell. Getting better with the Cadet now, really smooth results on chin but I need to do better on the neck; getting there.
Results BBS (except neck)

Wednesday 3rd July

qpp8.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
DR Harris Arlington cream scuttle lathered (soap of the week)
Simpson POLO 10 best badger brush
Gillette 1934 NEW 2 piece OC
Sputnik (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

A fine shave with the combination of the Sputnik and the NEW which is part of the 88 set.

Brian

Wednesday 07-03-13. MUSIC: Lou Reed - New York (1989).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwpdvkMCIEE[/video]

b568aec9-91ee-4acf-b26f-328f14b3050d.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran 25X53 blonde badger - Schick Krona - Gillette 7 O'clock yellow #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Valobra stick - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Korres - ASL Opaline.

Back
Top Bottom