S.O.T.D Saturday 6th July to Friday 12th July 2013

Wednesday 07-10-13. MUSIC: Bob Marley - Legend.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJIscC8sAE[/video]

a83e25f1-73a2-4d6a-a9f2-a858def8a18e.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Rocket flare tip - Astra green #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Col. Conk Almond - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Floïd - ASL Mennen Green Tonic.

Weber Polished, Bulldog
Gillette 7oc SharpEdge (3)
Semogue SOC 2-band
Martin de Candre scented
Proraso Aftershave balm
Diptyque Tam Dao edt

Blade died off very suddenly during the first pass so I cut my losses after two. A mediocre result resultantly. It was a loose blade - probably from a trade or passaround in the past - so I rather hope it was a freak occurrence. I binned the blade and will probably use the Sensor tomorrow as I'm away for the weekend from Friday afternoon.

Hot Shower and 3P cream
New Forest Tubby 2 (first use)
Trumpers Lime shaving cream
English Gillette Aristocrat #16
Gillette Yellow 7 o'clock (1)
Speick AS Splash (first use)

Really impressed by the Tubby, I see why everyone raves about them, you may even see my 2213 on BST sometime soon. The last pass is rinse with cold water, the feel of cold steel on the face was quite refreshing given the warm weather so will have to give cold water shaving a shot. The Speick AS really is nice stuff as well.

Evening, gents.

Wednesday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with iKon Bulldog handle
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (12)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: Flint
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Al Rehab Silver

Good, undramatic shave.

Luckyu4ever beer and bergamot shaving soap
Henk walnut silvertip
Rotbart No. 20 with Supermax Blue Diamond
Denim a/s vintage (make NTS feel like a man. No not like that!)

Initial thoughts on the first try of this seller's soaps. You get a small puck - about 40g without weighing it - for £1.50 plus £1.30 at time of writing. The smell is very nice - not too strong but not too weak - and reminds me of ginger nuts! It lathers well and the lather isn't too light or airy and it remains stable. It could do with a bit more cushion but it works well.
From ebay seller luckyu4ever

Mikael said:
Best stub tail razor I've ever had, fantastic shaver (for the age, I've had prettier and more known names, but this one just nails it)!

Cool oldie there Mikael. :p

Razor's: Weiss 33 Strand. Real Tshell scales, made betwin 1805-1843 in London.
Brush: Sterling Silver brush made 1899 with mounted best badger.
Soap: NSS Marzipan
ASB: Bulldog
EDT: Boss Soul

Today i try the Weiss razors. I must say i got very impressed with performance. :)

DSC00898_zpsc6417ffd.jpg

Todays Shave

0o7g.jpg

Gold plated Gillette Tech
Feather Blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Cedarwood & Vetyver hard shaving soap, Face lathered
Floris No 89

Result BSS WTG :heart:

It was my sons leaving disco this evening, the theme was Bugsy Malone ( they did a play of the film as well) set in New York 1929 we sent him off in an Italian suit complete with waste coat, and the fragrance he wanted? trying to stitch him up with Blue Stratos just won't wash so he demanded Floris No 89 I want to smell like you dad
how can I say no.
9s6t.jpg

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Prep: Cold rinse
Soap: Proraso - face lathered
Brush: Coates Fitzwilliam
Razor: Ever Ready 1912
Blade: Gem

On the plus side, a really smooth shave with no irritation.

On the minus side, I got a bit cavalier waving the razor around and managed the nick the bit of the ear next to my sideburn. No idea how I did it as it didn't hurt but it bled like buggery!

Thursday morning

Gillette face wash
Proraso pre
Kent BK2 brush
TOBS Sandalwood soap
Ever ready 1912 se
Gem se blade (2)
3P post shave
Sex pistols EDT

Have a nice day!

Thursday:

Prof. Blighty's Harlequin soap
New Forest Tubby 2
#15 Aristocrat
Voskhod blade
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Vanilla AS

First uses of both the Tubby 2 and the Voskhod blade. Both were excellent, the Tubby was great for face lathering this soap, enough backbone with nice soft tips, the Voskhod was sharp and smooth.

Top job!

IMG_1728_zps7371bb87.jpg

Greetings

Thursday 11th July 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1914 Little Lather Catcher
Blade: Treet Carbon
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Derby Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Simple Balm

A good shave from this Treet carbon blade and the last of my Derby soap which I will not replace: it works just fine and lathers wonderfully but there are so many other relatively cheap soaps that are better.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04479.JPG

Todays effort was yet another experiment for me, Grating a soap to bowl lather.

Razor:: Merkur 38C Barberpole
Blade:: Raparia
Brush:: Chinese badger
Cream:: Vitos Super Crema Grated and Bowl Lathered
ASB:: Gillette Fusion (Was a gift pre DE Days)
EDT:: Pecksniffs

So the grating was a new venture. The soap was gifted to me when I bought some other items from another member and is only a small sample. Impressions, I found this very hard to lather and it remained lumpy, I added a lot more water than normal and kept working with it until it lathered but it was still lumpy. Did I grate too much?
The results were fine 3 passes no touch up's. I have some Proraso that I thought was hard to lather but I will try that tomorrow, grated.

Thursday xi July, 2013

Prep: Hot shower, Savon de Provence Shea Butter soap
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Plisson Burgundy Pur Blaireau
Cream: Musgo Real Lime Basil
Razor: Ikon 2pb
Blade: Personna Med Prep #3
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion

Result: Fantastic. Running a little behind schedule this morning, so xtg then atg and a little touch up in those tricky to clear areas. Excellent shave. Very pleased.

All the best,

Jon

Big Bob said:
Cream:: Vitos Super Crema Grated and Bowl Lathered

Hi.

Why did you need to grate the Vitos? It's like putty, so you normally just tear a bit off, press it in a cup or bowl and then use it like a soap.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom