Salt beef

Yea they are fantastic.
I think I am a lost cause though, I have spent the last 50 minutes looking at electric mincer/stuffers.
Just need to grow some pigs and then I am sorted. :ROFLMAO:

Those Hungarian woolly pigs are the ones I'd get if I could.
You could get enough fur for a few Omega brushes too.
What a majestic looking chap.

mangalitsa.jpg

That's the thing about Midl of Lidl, the planets need to align where they have what you want when you happen to go, and someone else didn't just bag the last one half hour before you got there. Bit like TK Maxx, you can get lucky but if you make a special trip then £1 to a penny there'll just be romper suits and extra large 50 denier green tights or some shite!

That's the thing about Midl of Lidl, the planets need to align where they have what you want when you happen to go, and someone else didn't just bag the last one half hour before you got there. Bit like TK Maxx, you can get lucky but if you make a special trip then £1 to a penny there'll just be romper suits and extra large 50 denier green tights or some shite!
I have been looking for romper suits and extra large 50 denier green tights for ages why did you not tell me earlier.
Trying to keep them all to yourself, Yea I know how you operate. :ROFLMAO:

Well here is the thing Jimmy. After the thread about Bad Manners the other day, I thought there might be a run on romper suits and I might miss out. That and the doner meat on chips I've been having ("everyfink on, Boss!" chilli soss?) I also thought I'd better get practicing for my career change to Buster Bloodvessel tribute. And if that failed, I can mebbe squeeze into those green tights (look away, o faint of heart!) and if Buster ain't happening I could have a crack at Robin Hood. Get myself a bow job, so to speak! So yeah, that gear can be in demand! #FOFU, fear of fattening up. #NENENANANONONUNU as they probably don't say on Tw@tter.

Well here is the thing Jimmy. After the thread about Bad Manners the other day, I thought there might be a run on romper suits and I might miss out. That and the doner meat on chips I've been having ("everyfink on, Boss!" chilli soss?) I also thought I'd better get practicing for my career change to Buster Bloodvessel tribute. And if that failed, I can mebbe squeeze into those green tights (look away, o faint of heart!) and if Buster ain't happening I could have a crack at Robin Hood. Get myself a bow job, so to speak! So yeah, that gear can be in demand! #FOFU, fear of fattening up. #NENENANANONONUNU as they probably don't say on Tw@tter.
Well the thing is, buster was the romper suit king, and being a fat bastard chips were a staple. Green tights and bows mean Robin Hood was good at flinging arrows at shitty singers. Buster was immune cos he sung lip up fatty witch is the best song ever in the history of songs.
I might be slightly drunk but. Lip up fatty lip up fatty etc.

I might be slightly drunk but. Lip up fatty lip up fatty etc.
I may have drunk widely of the grape myself, it being Friday, a short week that feels like 10 days, and a barrel of keech to be forgotten. So my ramblings may be slightly less coherent ce soir. Was gonna add some classic "higgidup" type onomatopoeic ska noises, but can't quite get that straight either! How I've survived shaving with a straight sometimes amazes me.

View attachment 93902

Crap photo, they taste better than they look. :LOL:
I have the lakeland mincer/stuffer, it is fine for my needs of 1-2 kg of sausages.
If you look up a couple of posts @Digimonkey posted a website "sausage recipies" to make your own or go to.
butchers-Sundries.Com
they have loads of pre mix recipies so you only have to weigh meat and premix, mix together and stuff into casings.
Go for it you will not be disappointed. (y)
Edit: the sausages are made with 26mm colagen casings, I did not want the hastle of soaking natural casings.
That's a great looking result. I think you are right, some mixtures benefit from a small amount of bulk/rusk just for the texture and mouth feel. Man can live by sausages alone! I finally got the small digital scales in the post for measuring the Prague powder for corned venison. I'm going to get it under way this afternoon. I'll stick a pic up later.

cheers - I.

They had a clothes airer I wanted, but I was too exhausted to take it home. They had around twelve, the next evening none. It's like you said with TK Maxx, grab it whilst you can...

Venison-01.png

Haunch of Sika doe - 487 grams. Pretty much as good venison as you will get. This thing was wandering about a hill earlier this year in Assynt having a good life - until my mate shot it through the lungs.

Venison-02.png

Flavouring for the brine -

Himalayan pink salt, Instacure No.1 & demerara sugar
green peppercorns & black mustard seeds (lightly smashed)
cumin, bay leaves, thyme, caraway seeds, dill, dried red chillis, all spice berries & garlic cloves.

The brine is cooling at the moment - which takes hours. Then into the fridge. I deliberately went for a small roast - a pound more or less. I'll adjust the brining and cooking to suit. I expect the venison to shrink but I don't by how much. This sort of cut will do that when roasted. We'll see.

Cheers - I.

@jimmyc @isaiah53

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom