Six Nations 2014

I think it was North that gave another French player a shove that ended in a French attack breaking up within 4-5 metres of the try line and the ball going into touch... that time when Basteraud (spelling) made a break. It was subtle, but it definitely threw the French guy off.

Irrespective, France didn't deserve any more than what they got.

Everything that malfunctioned against Ireland was corrected such as the driving lineout stopping the rolling maul and say what you like the French have always had a big scrum and we put that to bed, I still think Wales have got at least two big performances in them but no doubt the Lions tour and the year leading up to it as taken toll on some Welsh players, a big thumbs up for his first full cap Jake Ball and the young number 9 looks a handful those two will improve, I think Wales are missing their two second rows Bradley Davies and Ian Evans in the same way England are missing Alex Corbisiero you just can't find replacements for those type of players, I'm putting my money on England today.

jb74 said:
More importantly, was it exciting enough for you?

Well both sides wanted to move the ball through their backline the total opposite from the game Ireland played against Wales 8 Man rugby will always have far more critics than fans, England perfected the game and it ultimately won them the world cup but they knew that style had to change as we see the way the games are played in the Super 14, I've told my local doctors surgery that the Ireland v Wales game should be available on prescription just pop a DVD on for people having trouble sleeping save them a fortune in sleeping pills.

jb74 said:
Scotland try... yay!!! The constipation is over!!!

Two... Two... Two tries... thought there was a forward pass there.

I can't understand why Scotland are so hesitant, predictable and reluctant to run support lines in attack when they're capable of tries like those two. So often we see attacking phases fall apart due to players standing back, leaving the tackled player isolated in possession on the ground, or not running support lines when a player gets in behind the opposition defence. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Anyway, jb, our sides are now against each other. I anticipate a huge match - pity I have to go out and will have to watch the second half on hard drive when I get back.

I'm watching the build up here on Irish TV... it's super cagey... nobody can call it. I'm nervous... this game is huge, it could go either way. England a far tougher team to plan against tactically.

Btw. May the best team win. We'll catch up afterwards when the dust has settled.

Half time... blessed to be only trailing by three. England dominating the game physically. Ireland struggling... look shapeless at times, telly shoutingly slow to the ruck when we were pressing for a try.

Really enjoyed the game, Ireland should never been awarded a try though should have been a England penalty and a yellow card for O'Connel blocking an England player and holding him back rather blatant, can't wait for next week come on Wales.

Thank God it's over... heart in the mouth stuff.

Congrats England, very deserving of the victory. Composed, assured performance, some great defensive work. Thought Mays and the full back were outstanding.

Ireland were frustrating. Sexton from hero to zero.. kicking game was very poor. That restart Sexton hit out had me roaring out the telly. No composure in possession at times too.

No excuses.

Stand out players for me are the two wings - both are capable of coming inside and acting as centres - it makes a tremendous difference. Just glad for a win.

I'm posting this now so that it's well before the next crunch match - I think George North is mis-matched at centre and In danger of doing himself some harm. It's al well and good being his size but he is not used to the intensity of tackling that comes with the position - I'd hate to see a long term injury.

Back
Top Bottom