This evening brings with it the theme, 'A bum shave'

20221228_180451-01.jpeg

Rump razor - Tatara Nodachi dark
Backside blade - Polsilver Lodz
Brazilian brush - Zenith dark synthetic
Cheeky girl cream - Signature Soaps Wicstun

Did someone mention Cheeky girls?

Not quite.....

In a similar ilk to last night another shave which probably pushed the comfort zone the wrong way.

Initial thoughts were 'Fuck! This blade feels lively' and initial strokes were a success story in ripping my face to shreds. Then I realised I hadn't tightened anything up and the blade was happily floating around in 'Do what the fuck you feel like mode'. A great idea, twist to secure and everything made a bit more sense. Probably still a bit lively but to be honest not the best selection of razor while in illness recovery mentality.

Well that is what the missus believes while I have laid on the couch watching endless films. I should have latched on to this one years ago.

And for this shave I end on some Stereopony and what I think is a really catchy and great song. Enjoy....

SOTD 20221228
Prep: Warm Face Wash
Bowl: Generic Glassbowl
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Paragon Arlecchino LE 28/28
Soap: Acqua di Parma Barbiere
Razor: Wolfman WR-1 SB 0.67 SS
Blade: Gillette Nacet
AS: Myrsol Plastic Shave
AS: Acqua di Parma Barbiere

SOTD_20221228.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

SOTD: 29th December 2022.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1438.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Vitos Vegetal shaving soap.
Blade: Super-Max Super Platinum.(D2)
Razor: Parker 87R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Another wonderful effortless 2 pass +pickups close comfortable shave with the Parker 87R to finish my last shaving week of 2022 in style.

Like the vast majority of Subcontinent DE blades with few rules to the exception the Super-max BDT isn't the sharpest of blades but they are smooth and have paired up with my razors throughout the week and have been consistent with no duds or other quality issues.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.
My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 29-Dec
20221228_125104.jpg
Brush: Captain 2
Soap: SV Cubebe
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: B-20 (4)

Decent shave, I've come to the conclusion that with both my injectors they are 3 pass razors for me. Certainly for the time being anyway if I'm still getting used to it, but to get the equivalent finish of a number of my other razors I need to take it that little bit further.

Despite the extra passes still no irritation, so I'll call it a win.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

29/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Razorock Lupo 72
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 52 (6).JPG
I really like this Razor and Blade combo, super smooth, comfortable and efficient. 6 and out for the Wizamet, it does feel as if i could keep going with it, however, 6 very good shaves from 1 blade is enough for me.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Prep: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Brush: ESC Medium Jock synthetic
Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum (3)
Cream: Signature Soaps Valentia
PS 1: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal

Face was still a bit sensitive after yesterday's butchering, but I managed a very nice shave today and so far in my testing the Treet 7 Days is definitely my favourite.

Thu 30
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Goblin Husky Knot
Razor Henkels & Friodur 472
An absolutely fabulous lather from the soap whip-up nicely by the brush. Creamy, slick, cooling, and a good scent with a matching splash. An enjoyable shave with this excellent razor strop on buffalo leather! Smooth, easy, and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs-ccs finish with 2 red spots...
20221229_193151.jpg

Back
Top Bottom