SOTD: Saturday 24 to Friday 30 December of 2022

Williams Wednesday - Saved by Barrister and Mann

Wednesday December 28, 2022
Razor: NEW Gem Lather Catcher
Blade: Gem SS
Brush: Unbranded Boar Brush
Cream: Williams Glider Brushless Cream (FAIL)
Soap: B&M Leviathan
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Vintage Willams Aqua Velva
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,514
Taking one for the team again Dave :oops: well done.
Have to wonder if the Williams team actually tried this particular product before marketing it. Pity as I’ve used their normal shave soap and it’s fine.

28/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Vintage Perma-sharp Supreme
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Wk 52 (5).JPG
Lots of slick creamy lather whipped up in the copper bowl, I find the Tech is a very mild razor and i needed 3 full passes to get the job done which is no hardship on Vintage Wednesday.
The old Brit blade is 3 and out as it started to go off towards the end.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Taking one for the team again Dave :oops: well done.
Have to wonder if the Williams team actually tried this particular product before marketing it. Pity as I’ve used their normal shave soap and it’s fine.
Thanks, the product felt grainy so may have started to separate and harden up. I have the vintage Williams Shave Cream and it's terrific stuff.

Tuesday
Used all Russell's gear again, sure he won't mind. Did the first pass with the shavette and the second with FB Tech. Overall an enjoyable shave, this croap ain't too bad.

Wednesday
Post run shower and shave. Thought I'd treat Mrs D, seeing as she's been an enabler recently and really likes the sweet smelling Droid black. FB Tech avec Nacet. Super duper.

Enjoy your day one and all

Attachments

• IMG_20221228_153809__01.jpg
    IMG_20221228_153809__01.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 8
Decemboar 28

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Omega Wild Hog
Soap - Derby Stick
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Personna Lab Blue (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Williams Aqua Velva

As the month of 'DecemBOAR' is approaching it's end, I have come to notice I've been favouring a few brushes and a few soaps which work well with those particular brushes. The Wild Hog is a bigger brush and needs a fair amount more soap to get going, but the face feel of the brush is delightful in the shave. I produced a lovely lather with it and Derby shaving stick, which I believe is an underrated shaving soap. It produces a nice slick lather with a good amount of cushion.
I'd largely been underwhelmed with the first two shaves with the Lab Blue, but almost out of nowhere the 3rd was an absolute belter! I think I remember this was a pattern for other times I'd used this particular blade. It could be one of those blades where the edges are treated with a fair amount of teflon and it takes a shave or two to wear through it, then it's a gloriously smooth and efficient blade.
I finished the shave with a few splashes of Williams Aqua Velva, I think it might have some of the best post shave feel for an alcohol based aftershave splash, not much burn but it's very soothing.

IMG_20221228_131113.jpg

Wednesday AM 2022-12-28
World Mimicry Day
bIMGnG3.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Tabac shaving soap (tallow)
Carbon Mokume-gane
Personna 74 Tungsten (9)
Issey Miyake l'Eau d'Issey pour Homme aftershave
qJJrKrq.jpg

The best shave of the holidays so far....

Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra Calming Liquid Shaving Cream ; RazoRock 400 SE 24mm Black Synthetic ; Aylsworth Razors Drakkant ; NOS (Czech) Gillette Red Stainless ; Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra Calming Facial Balm

View attachment 98094

Super photo

74FA6509-9680-4F48-A2A4-5170648D336F.jpeg
SOTD: 28/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink, 3rd use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Løthur Tears Croap
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Fragrance: Stirling Campania Eau de Toilette

A stunning shave that helped started the day well, despite having the man flu from hell still. I’ve just about regained my voice, but it still feels like I’m gargling blades everytime I swallow! Off to order some Kai Titan Mild Pink!

Back
Top Bottom