SOTD: Saturday 24 to Friday 30 December of 2022

I haven't checked for any other answers to this, sorry for any repetition, but I'm 100% sure that it is a match for the original eau sauvage - frosted clear bottle, yellow/green liquid - and not the modern iteration - dark bottle, Johnny Depp etc. I have the Apricus soap and splash and they dovetail with the edp version of eau sauvage perfectly - the latter is my signature scent. The Wickham soap base is excellent in my opinion and I'd describe using it as 'sunshine in a tub.' I don't know if Apricus made it beyond the original limited edition? If you can get some, try it - see what you think. Cheers - I.
I've this one
3348901363488.jpg

I have tried and owned Wickham before. Now I'm just with half tub of Irish fern. I'll keep my eye to get some apricus then. Thanks for info.

Monday AM 2022-12-26
National Jingle Day
kuvm6Ts.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XL Porcelain Finest (2-ring) (30/52)
Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood shaving cream (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1
Personna 74 Tungsten (7)
Chanel Égoïste Platinum aftershave
9nghtDN.jpg

Monday 26th December

AL9nZEUktHENjGdzaLaWj5-jA61vGBDfSIZ69oAJzLz5wynMvn1TULkArpE6x76d8ZjKwOQPA-UIXXgTjBTiE5-KKuZpw4lzCz9mW7cwqsH9F7vpGrhUaj5GoqpkkOoeQpD7aOibV37pVjNJUZEO0Y_kC5CfDg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Folk Soaps Sandalwood & Haryali Rosewood w/Blonde Boar 20mm
Star Lather Catcher (circa 1920) & GEM by Personna (2)
Pashana Original Aftershave

High praise indeed for the Folk Soaps - I am very impressed! Hailing from Swansea (a town where once upon a time I dwelt), it's somewhat reminiscent of really good Italian soaps, say, Vitos Supercrema but more than that with carefully integrated butters and oils, which I usually abhor in shaving soaps. For that reason, I raise the letters OSP and say it's somewhere between Vitos and OSP given how OSP's use of said butters and oils does not detract from the soap. In use, it's a glowing white lather indicative of high quality coconut oil. The soap is easy to load and the lather built immediately it hits the face. Post-shave feel is bob-on and in many ways like the quality British hard soaps.

Nice one, whoever discovered that ... was it @slapo?

Either way, really fly shave with the lather catcher and I took two passes because the soap was so enjoyable. The catcher caught all the lather per pass. Great fun! I should mention the scent of the soap: Sandalwood, Bergamot, Fankincense & Vanilla. Well, the key scent is creamy sandalwood, supported by the other scents so it's not a riot but a cleverly built scent pyramid. I can detect the frankincense and that's just lovely; the bergamot gives the woods a little lift and the vanilla seems to come alive post-shave. In all, a classic shaving soap aroma absolutely worthy of a splash of Pash to finish off ...

Last edited:
A few Christmas pressies, mixed and matched.
To be fair, the Russell's shave club soap and balm wasn't too bad, the 19mm synth wasn't bad either, apart from the bowl that it came with being far too deep to use the brush to lather, so I resorted to face lathering.

I used the razor from the Bailihua shaving set, however the Cloud blades that came with it looked dodgy, with what looked like some rust on them, so I popped in a Perma sharp. The blade gap looked enormous compared to what I'm used to. Confirmed on pass 1, pretty aggressive with most of yesterday's and today's growth gone. Touched up for pass 2, smooth!

I finished off with American blend splash as it complimented the soothing balm.

Been at my daughter's for post Christmas buffet fare.

Have a great time all

Attachments

• IMG_20221226_144822.jpg
    IMG_20221226_144822.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 11
35FCF934-1ACB-45FA-9FB0-B942CF95AE3A.jpeg
SOTD: 26/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink, 1st use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Tom Ford Black Orchid Eau de Toilette

A fabulous Boxing Day shave! Hope you enjoyed your day!

SOTD: 27th December 2022.

11.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
Blade: Super-Max Super Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) 2.5-wtg,2.5-xtg,3-atg+pick-ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Calvin Klein Eternity For Men ASL. /Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

The vast majority of my shave set ups are very in-expensive, today proved to me that i can always get a good comfortable shave from shaving accessories that don't cost the earth.

The Parker Variant performed excellently paired together with the Super-Max BDT mowing through my stubble with effortless ease.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
27/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Semogue SOC BTS Boar
Soap - Proraso Wood & Spice
Razor - Blackland Blackbird
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk 52 (4).JPG
A very easy shave this morning, the Proraso cream lathers very easily, the SOC butterscotch is breaking in nicely. An earlier shave than normal, therefore, i went straight in with an ATG pass, The Blackbird delivered in a single pass with a touch up on the whirlpools.
Very nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD: 27/12/2022

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Open Comb Slant
Blade: Gillette Permasharp, 3rd use
Brush: Goodfellas' Wild Hog
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather Skin Food
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Puck
Balm: Harry's Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of 1940's Jazz Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now
Fragrance: L'Occitane Eau Des Bavx Eau de Toilette

Yesterday for family coming over the Domestic Sergeant Major (wife) cleaned the bathroom and moved things around a bit. So while shaving yesterday I saw the Fatip looking up at me in expectation with a sad forlorn face. Knowing I have been neglecting him lately due to SE shaving I gave him a run out.

Christmas continues/drags on with a visit today to she who casts no shadows friend for Boxing Day revisited. Thankfully this is the last of Christmas now and I can get in with the much more import task of enjoying time off from work with more photography and shaving.

C5D5E779-E297-4E87-AD44-9C823C6FAACE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom