Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream.
SOC Cherry Boar.
Little Wren Pottery.
Rockwell 6C (plate 4).
Gillette Silver Blue (3).
Thayers Witch Hazel (cucumber).
Proraso Green Aftershave.
Aloe Vera Gel.

I used the Maca Root Cream frequently when I started traditional shaving just over a year ago. But it's been stuck in the bottom of a drawer for months. I'm pleased I rescued it because it does produce a good lather. A nice three pass shave for BB smooth.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: PAA Solstice
Razor: ATT S2 (on loan from@Blackmass)
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus vintage
View attachment 31204

Third shave with the S2, stuck in one of my favourite blades and had my best shave with it so far.
It's incredibly smooth but not as efficient as the R2, a pleasure to shave with and no irritation on the chin nor upper lip today.
How does that balm perform? It's only £2.50 in my local wilco.

My first ever brush and I always reach for it when I'm feeling down lol.. I have the proraso version, I think omega made the loft 5 or 10mm shorter for proraso so not as floppy but I may be wrong.
I put Omega in my original post by mistake, changed to Proraso now which is what mine is. This was my second brush, first was a small Taylors of Old Bond Street pure badger. Once the Proraso was broken in it was quite a revelation, great brush for the price and a real soap eating monster. :)

Monday;

F766_D30_E-5_BD9-4614-930_D-66_C61_B64_DE09.jpg

Variant (#4)
Nacet (#2)
YaQi “Space”
OSP Bay Rum

3 days shaving in a row - positively unheard of in my world! I wanted to do a little trial to see whether short-hair reduction would give smoother results and/or have any notable impact on my skin vs two or three shaves per week. So far, so good. A little tingle tonight but nothing untoward! Safe to say I'm smooth and it was error-free with this setup! Two passes and done. No more to be said.

Roll up, roll up!

Pre: Proraso Pre Barba green
Razor: Rockwell 6C plate 3
Blade: Bolzano superinox
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Brush: Stirling Synthetic 24mm

Little disappointed with the soap scent. I guess I expected a stronger scent. Performance wise it did a great job, as all Stirling soaps do. Other than that, an almost perfect shave.

Have a good week gents.
dd78150a8920114229d5cb4d113f1827.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Monday 27th November 2017
SOTD 27th Nov.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Birch Sap Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Cobra (on loan)
Blade: Kai Titan Mild "Luffy" (#5)
Brush: Maseto 24mm finest
Cream: Truefitt & Hill Almond
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
AS: Nivea 2 Phase

Excellent shave today, the safety of the guard on the Luffy blade probably helped to prevent any blood loss today, that and a bit less pressure.

Back
Top Bottom