SOTD: Saturday 3 - Friday 9 December 2022.

SOTD 05-Dec
View attachment 97134
Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: Sea Spice Lime
Razor: CG Level 2
Blade: GSB (2)

Lovely scent from this, the lime is very much at the forefront unsurprisingly, but there's something else there, not that I can pick it up enough to name it but it's nice.

Didn't seem to need as much water as the black watch but the glide was perhaps lacking a bit, so maybe it did need a tad more, either which way it was good.

I may keep the black watch out and pack this away for the time being though, very much a spring/summer scent. @LeeMaz I can see why you like it.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc
I agree it’s a slightly darker lime scent, but I’m not sure if it’s the oakmoss that’s the other forward scent but it’s amazing regardless!

05/12/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk 49 (3).JPG
A very nice shave today, the Wiz in the Tradere works really well for me. BBS in 2 with some touch up.
A superb lather from the Fat and the Mühle synth
Finishing with the Floïd Post shave set - simply fantastic, i love the scent of this stuff, very old school.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

First one of these for a while:

Pre: Shower / Proraso Sensitive
Bowl: Recycled T&H cream tub
Cream: Simpson Ultra-Glide Lime
Brush: AP Shave Co. Synbad
Razor: Mach3, handmade handle

Also a debut for my new mirror. It’s harder than you think to find a mirror with a base narrow enough to fit on a UPVC sill, yet still with some heft to it!

D3192D47-AE70-44BB-9CDD-7FD3070D059D.jpeg

5th December,
In the Netherlands it’s Sinterklaas, or St Nicholas‘ Eve. Traditional giving of small presents for kids, often a tangerine if you’re lucky, and yes, Christmas Day is also celebrated on the 25th! Two excuses for a party, not that the Dutch need an excuse.
Anyway, my shave, thanks for asking.
Fatip, il Piccolino special edition (comes with two heads), today used the open comb head fitted with Perma Sharp Super blade.
ToBS sandalwood applied with vintage bristle, pretty weak lather if I’m honest but just ok.
Excellent shave but quite a mild razor so needed 3 passes for an acceptable finish but no irritation or weeps so all good for me.
Finished with Man Cave moisturiser and some Bay Rum after shave, the one that has a dominant smell of cloves, which I’m getting used to, I guess it keeps the mosquitoes at bay not to say the boss. “What on earth is that one your using hon?
Have a great evening fellas and a special prettige
sinterklaas to all Dutch forum members.

A0C84555-D2B6-4DD3-98FD-8FEC7DF49B6A.jpeg

Last edited:
Decemboar 5 2022

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Zenith Euro X (unbleached 24mm/58mm)
Soap - Palmolive Green
Razor - Personna Star head on a Yaqi Handle
Blade - Treet Classic (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Denim Black

Superb lather and a nice comfortable shave, albeit not the closest on my chin, there seemed to be a bit of growth left behind. First time using Denim Black aftershave, I like the scent but I'm not sure if it sits that well on my skin.

Anyway gents, I hope you have a good start to the week.

IMG_20221205_172044.jpg

Monday AM 2022-12-05
Birthdate in 1932 of Richard Wayne Penniman (singer Little Richard)
z1NeW2z.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Horn Finest (22/52)
Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender shaving cream (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1/UFO Common Bar
Iridium Super (4)
Yardley English Lavender aftershave (vintage)
GVKj28F.jpg

4B43B3AE-0EA1-441C-B3F3-4D55979C4084.jpeg
SOTD: 05/12/2022

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Signature Wicstun Puck
Aftershave: Signature Wicstun Aftershave
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

What a difference a day makes, I’ve no idea if it was me rushing, carelessness or general cockiness following yesterdays superb shave but todays first pass was tough! I slowed down and it was better as I went on but I’d already done the damage to myself. I’m guessing complete user error, as the alarm didn’t go off this morning and I was running late! Note to self, never rush a shave, you’re using a blade on your neck you prat! I’m sure tomorrow will be fine!

Monday 5th December

AL9nZEUGN1r9V9RE9ZZ04jYPTrbXcjmD-OJxgENUGMYH3mto04gTeKlLJ_xnG6nC0DWHFw3oPGXhKxhUbg0zV16mWeO246oN2JAG90cDJoPKvl1NIYNLZ663JWvgUBEAEftT02sqomVE5433pcTQ6wLxyWYk7A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Culmak (Vintage 1970s) Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Butterscotch w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Personna Glydex Double Edge & Personna (German) Platinum Chrome (4)
Pashana Original Aftershave

After signing off ten plus days of shaving with the Star, Treet, Personna & PAL double edge razors, I rather feel like Steve Jobs returning with a "one more thing" ...

One more thing? Yeah! The Glydex, or whatever it's called. Enjoyed, but not as much as the curved caps of the days previous. I like to find my edge rather than have it enforced ... but still a 9/10 shave.

AL9nZEXTq5SrFxBuxYSuacKJzXKYfIzZxnbN9EFj0cIFwvmVFGrOVQcdMOecVGM83uyyE_zBYYDFEdvQdf7cKOowsewBrum-lXNb2bAEp53Kv_D4Ng8CG98oU7TZsNAF-TaTw63qjOFUTFQXgDdSfemvmjck4g=w300
AL9nZEXxmjK_rcgLXGFybQ7oe8XMnnya9w4GLoay8lMcvAkGXXPVNjc9P-dg4-kq0_rtb8sCtG2f7DQlIm0L8XnuiH2ndjFU2mH0v_-2LPQ3ds7LOX-5QF3sxyXPjLzUcEGgV8qwZBv6b8RW4dWFdkZaQmoCoQ=w300

Back
Top Bottom