SOTD: Saturday February 18 - Friday 24 February 2023.

View attachment 101245
SOTD: 22/02/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
The newly acquired ATT SE1, (the loan may have turned to purchase!) was a delight again. I could gladly use this as my daily shaver day in and day out. The soap was beautiful and as always lathered a treat. A top notch shave from start to finish.
You just need the X1 now Lee, for me, their pinnacle in SE razors.
Just saying ;)
T

And today's shave was awarded the theme by the 'Association for theming things', 'We haven't yet decided'

20230222_092017.jpg

A razor awarded..... - Ikon B1
The blade Association - Feather
Society for brushing - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Soap & lather consortium - Alvarez Gomez
Guild for face moisturising - Pure moisturiser

'He's good this Satan chap'
'Oh, I was thinking, what a twat'

A wonderful shave with the B1 and my newly found love for Feather blades again. They do take the razor to the edge of sensibility but they do provide a great match and a close finish. Very happy bunnyism. And a big thank you to the soap and lather Consortium for a great turn out. Mr Gomez, one day you will be gone forever, but I will always remember you and shed an occasional tear......will I Buggery

Have some ladies from the land of the rising sun. Not being Manchester as the sun never rises there, but Japan as per usual. Trident? Of course.....

DRbH1he.jpg

Mining Camp Shave

Prep:
Barrister Reserve Cool soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion (not in photo, but indispensible for my travel shaves)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Cream: Lea Menthol
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Perma Sharp (2)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscana EdT

3 days in a row at 46C :cool:.

7649D882-B20B-40E3-BB62-68ED2F0BB1FC.jpeg

Muehle R41GS | Lord Platinum | Hand-carved Spalted Beech & G5C | St. Mitchell’s | Boot’s Freshwood | Bulldog Balm

BE9AFDA0-3541-4160-9FCD-687BE260A396.jpeg
Nope, too much razor for me. Too long a handle and too great a weight given the known aggression of the head. A cumbersome beast in these mitts. Even with a mild and smooth Lord Platinum, I felt I was going to peel off too much skin.

After two passes, I still had minor stubble in certain awkward areas so I put down the beast and picked the comparative kitten, my DE86. A wee tickle here and there for slightly too close results given the weeper beneath my bottom lip and some irritation in the mo zone. But not the carnage had I proceeded with the Teutonic Terror.

As to the Beast - to the BST with you! Here be bargains…

SOTD: 23rd February 2023.

thursday.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.
Blade: Statum Platinum Chrome. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 37C Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Brut Sport Style ASL./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

An enjoyable shave to finish my shave week off superbly.

The Mekur 37c /Statum Platinum Chrome duo have performed effortlessly throughout the week...I will carry on for another week to finish my slant razor & revisiting sub-continent blade focus on a high.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

BED65840-9595-496B-AFAD-B2824AD9B185.jpeg

Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Leaf (head)
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Professional Super (10)
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Horn STF
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: L’Occitane Eav des Bavx

SOTD 23-Feb
20230223_100811-01.jpeg
Brush: M7
Soap: MWF
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: GSB (2)

Cracking shave, I often see threads about what's your desert island razor and I'm often undecided, but for me this would possibly be it. It's hefty, efficient and has an industrial look that I love. Yeah it isn't rare or 'fancy', but it works for me.

Decided to switch from the boars today though, twice the loading time and treating it like it's wronged me in some way did the trick well enough, not as good as the boar but more than sufficient.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Well, I did indeed take a fat break and used the Signature Britannia which helped me to see off the 'starting to dull' Bolzano blade. In the end I had an enjoyable shave.

Today, I went back to the MWF. I do like the fact that as it has a pretty neutral soapy scent that I can just use whichever after products I'm in the mood to. Brut was today's choice.
I had forgotten that when using my Schick, after 2 passes I may feel a tiny bit of what I would think was stubble, so I went in for a third pass on the 'problem' area. I am now completely BBS and TBH have a sheen and a softness to my mush that just isn't me, maybe it is the aggregated effect of having the lanolin softening my face. I think I'll just do a single pass tomorrow.

Have a good day all.

Attachments

• 20230221_202148.jpg
    20230221_202148.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230223_104140.jpg
    20230223_104140.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom