SOTD: Saturday February 4 - Friday 10 February 2023.

Thursday February 9, 2023
Razor: Durham Duplex DE
Blade: Feather Pro (Modified)
Brush: Fluffy Industry Copper/Badger-Boar Mix
Soap: A&E NYC (1508.5 Project)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: A&E NYC Splash
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,557

KqzgaAc.jpg

20230209_101336.jpg

Round 2 with the Gillette today.

Decided, over a coffee, on a few things.

Face Lather - you know it works better for you
Turn It Up - fewer passes are more comfortable
Two Passes Only - your face doesn't like more
Manage Your Expectations - it is not an R41

So, that's what I did. Much better shave, closer and more comfortable than yesterday. Sill not as clean as I would like it under my goatee, but very passable.

20230209_112325.jpg

09/02/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Stirling Spice
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 06 (6).JPG
Very nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

09/02/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Stirling Spice
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
View attachment 100346
Very nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Is your razor everything you thought it would be?

Paul.

PXL_20230208_172449488.jpg
This L'Occitane Cade shaving soap is a great performer. I'd prefer the scent to be stronger but I'm not disappointed overall and glad to have finally tried it after many years.

Shave number 3 with the Permasharp and it is so smooth and still cutting really well.
Billiard Ball Smooth except in a few difficult areas against the grain.

Pinaud's Whiskey Woods is definitely very old fashioned and one that I really have to be in the mood for. Today was the day so it's all good.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Popular No. 45
Blade: Permasharp Supreme (Black background, gold text)
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: L'Occitane Cade https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63e5025dd581142156d56c14

Blade: Dovo Prima
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Soap: Declaration Grooming Chaotic Neutral
Splash: Declaration Grooming Chaotic Neutral... Osmo Styptic Pencil

Well I've finally made the plunge and tried a straight razor. I brought out my favourite soap for the occasion. I took a little extra care to warm and hydrate my face compared to the DE, and whipped up my usual lather.

First pass was pretty good for a learning attempt. The big flat areas of my face mowed down easily enough but some of the concave and hard to reach spots like under my nose and the cleft of my chin were quite patchy.

I relathered and went for a clean up run when I ran into an old problem. With a DE I can shave as fast as with a cartridge razor if not faster over longer stubble. But going slowly with the straight I started to run into dry lather with the sticking and judder. So I know to run a thinner lather next time with the straight razor.

I finished up with a few minor cuts between the razor being sharp and the osmo you can't even see them, and a passable shave in most places, with some areas even being good. I did debate over a square ended razor and went for the round nose in the end, probably the right choice for now but I think I've got the bug. Maybe not a daily driver, but where I'm only shaving twice a week now it might see a bit more usage. View attachment 100334
I’m impressed that you persevered to a finish and didn’t need a visit to A&E, well done.
Ok here’s my take on the straight razor. It’s really not suited for own use, it’s best left to a barber like Sweeny Todd who knows what he is doing. Or someone who has a lot of experience, a steady hand, and no creases and crevices on their face. Needless to say I have a small collection of straights and shavettes. I have tried them, but they are really my “mañana” razors. :ROFLMAO:

zw0HmSO.jpg

B&M's newest intro, Marilyn. Their description is as follows:

...Blended with notes of amber, bergamot, cedar, clary sage, coriander, fir, labdanum, leather, opoponax, tonka, tobacco, sandalwood, vetiver, and ylang ylang...

Beautiful scent and even better once lathered on the face!! To be frank I was hesitant to extoll its virtues as it's probably too sexy & enticing for the average forum member here. :LOL:;)

SOTD 20230209 Blusone by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Lather: Proraso Blue Protettiva e Idratante (2019, Nuova Formula, 400ml)
  • Razor: Schick 1940 Injector E3 Butterscotch
  • Blade: Personna Injector PTFE #5
  • After: Proraso Classico Blue Protettiva & Idratante Balsamo
  • Frag: Floid Blue EDT Splash
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
9Zkv6wt.jpg

Full size: 1000x1000px
Soundtrack: Living Colour - Type

Back
Top Bottom