SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Brazillian Wilkinson Sword ( 4 )
Brush = Simpsons T3 St Mary’s
Soap = Bozzano Aloe Vera
with matching splash & balm
View attachment 99082A lovely 3 pass shave with the local Brazilian Products.
This stuff is probably some of the cheapest products on the market yet produced a brilliant shave.
The cream whipped up a wonderful lather & no issues at all.
The blade mowed down 4 days of growth at ease on its 4th use.
it’s very unusual for me to use a blade more than 3 times but i thought i would give this one a go.
i’ll definitely try it a fifth time to see how it goes but i’m fairly confident it will be just fine.
That’s me off to bed
i had a heavy night on the sauce last night lol
Stay Safe Boys & GirlsView attachment 99083Forgot to say i’m getting a fair old collection:)

Great :) :)

ykw56yN.png

67A6D60F-999E-4A3F-A800-303FF1B20B23.jpeg
SOTD: 17/01/2023

Razor: Blackland Era
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword, 3rd use
Brush: AP Shave Co. Lemon Drop G5A
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Proraso Wood And Spice Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Wood And Spice Cologne
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm

Underused soap week continues with Proraso Wood and Spice. This is the soap from the Barber’s shave that I was gifted a few years ago on Father’s Day. I still absolutely adore it, even though the cologne is the strongest I own! Two and a half sprays at about 7:30 in the morning and it’s still going strong this evening! It’s a bit of a beast but smells amazing.
The Era was lovely on each pass and has really helped make me reconsider open combs. It’s an absolute pussy cat even when I switched to plate 5 on my final pass.
Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Second shave with a Gillette Bleue Extra (not pictured) and first go with the open comb baseplate of the Fatip Piccolo.

Everything came together for this great shave. The Arko lathered beautifully, the blade seemed a good pairing with the razor and the Wars Classic smells really good and fantastic value at less than £3.

I can see myself stocking up on makeup.UK's cheap aftershave lotions, balms and shaving creams. There is even a cheap Omega brush I have my eye on, and I'm not a brush man.

I'm stocked up on Arko now and this has helped push back my desire to get some Derby sticks for a few weeks. I hope.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: Semogue 1305
Lather: Arko shaving stick
Aftershave: Wars Classic https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63c709c3718a6562eace6f47PXL_20230117_203941924.jpg

@Mike Smart, I have some of those Brazilian Wilkies and they are great!! A forum member (long gone) on another forum sent them to me years ago. I am guessing your ship moored in Brazil? Let us know as it's impossible to find a dealer there who will ship intl.
Yes they seem to be great blades so far,
the fourth shave was just as good as the first.
i’m not on a ship this time i’m onshore & here for 2 months.
I’ll try make some sense in it and try ask the question about shipping but the problem is no one speaks English
i’m sure i’ll mange to ask the question.
i’m sure i can sort something

TF5XrfE.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 2-band Finest Badger
Soap: Stirling Lemon Chill
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Green Freeze Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Penhaligon's Sartorial EdT

Some menthol to beat the summer heat.

Back
Top Bottom