SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

Wed 18 Early AM Travel Shave
Soap & Aftershave The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Silvertip
Razor RazoRock G37 Slant
Blade Iridium Super 5th
Very nice soap qualities...creamy & slick with a good scent augmented by the matching splash.
An easy, comfortable, and efficient shave with this excellent razor + blade pairing. 3passes for a silky smooth bbs finish...
20230118_201818.jpg

Wednesday 18 January
Continuing the OC theme I pulled out a 1930s 7o’clock. It’s been well used in its life with lots of brass showing through which would indicate to me that previous owners have been very satisfied with it. Fitted a 7o’clock “sharp edge” blade, applied the Spitfire with my (very apt choice) 1940 WD bristle and with very little effort, wtg, atg and pick ups achieved a very smooth and comfortable shave. The old razor has good balance with a shortish handle, which I find ok but isn’t for everyone I know. Dab on the Old Spice and now sitting and enjoying the sunshine before trekking down to the local coffee shop.
Have a fine day fellas!

89B6491D-9AB2-4289-ADFF-67CF4CFC00C6.jpeg

Wednesday

2 day's growth ably removed in 2 passes using the Aristocrat #66 with the 1980s blade. DFS as I need something to go at tomorrow.

The Apogee soap took a bit of work today, possibly why I only did 2 passes, there was probably only enough left for pick ups, but thought I'd leave it as it is early afternoon. I waited until after my lunchtime run before I cracked on!!

Anyhow, I smell pretty good, feel pretty good, time to get some graft in (if you can call creating documents graft), mental graft at least!!

Have a good hump day everyone.

Attachments

• 20230118_150245.jpg
    20230118_150245.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 3
18 January

Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
PAA Green Ray
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

F2729DF8-5EFF-4AE6-A1DE-DFCC4F4A208C.jpeg
An huge amount of luxury lather was created this morning with the oh so soft and over loaded Green Ray brush. Two passes with the Feather and Ikon did more than enough for a smooth finish, perhaps, one pass might have been sufficient, but so much lather!

18/1/23

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere 20mm
Razor - Gillette New OC
Blade - Gillette Platinum (5)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Sport Style

Brian @culcreuch sent me a sample of Stirling Electric Sheep a while back. Every time I have used it, I've been telling myself I do not need to buy some more but I'm lying to myself. It's a glorious lather, slick, shiny, the blade seems to glide across my face.

Thanks Brian, I don't think I'd have used this glorious soap if you hadn't introduced it to me.

Anyway gents, I hope you are all well and have an excellent day.

IMG_20230118_125704.jpg

More important than any shave though I had my annual assessment at the doctors yesterday after 9 months on the NHS diabetes prevention program. A 20% weight loss and a reduced blood pressure to 125/70. My doctor couldn't have been happier. Not as delighted as me though and the biggest happy bunny of the day.
That's one hell of an achievement! Well done!

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Brazillian Wilkinson Sword ( 4 )
Brush = Simpsons T3 St Mary’s
Soap = Bozzano Aloe Vera
with matching splash & balm
View attachment 99082A lovely 3 pass shave with the local Brazilian Products.
This stuff is probably some of the cheapest products on the market yet produced a brilliant shave.
The cream whipped up a wonderful lather & no issues at all.
The blade mowed down 4 days of growth at ease on its 4th use.
it’s very unusual for me to use a blade more than 3 times but i thought i would give this one a go.
i’ll definitely try it a fifth time to see how it goes but i’m fairly confident it will be just fine.
That’s me off to bed
i had a heavy night on the sauce last night lol
Stay Safe Boys & GirlsView attachment 99083Forgot to say i’m getting a fair old collection:)
Not seen those Brazilian blades before look cool

Loved the look of the blue coloured tucks of the feather Brazilian blades, awesome

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pres-Shave
Razor: Yaqi 70SB on Stando King Polished SS handle
Blade: Bluebird Platinum (1)
Brush: Omega 10029
S Soap: E&S - Azur

Things are getting much better with this setup. I am beginning to quite enjoy the brush and with a bit of fine tuning (revising technique) I got a very smooth shave all around. Perfect choice of soap for this weather. What better to fight the frost, snow and cold than a summer's breeze.

SOTD.jpeg

Wednesday AM 2023-01-18
National Thesaurus Day
WZYaFIB.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Horn Finest (24/50)
Czech & Speake Oxford and Cambridge shaving soap (tallow)
Carbon Mokume-gane Oda
Wilkinson London Bridge (12)
Caldey Abbey aftershave
4tRAbWD.jpg
Qbl1GJv.jpg

558126F3-78E7-4A2E-8E99-5D31F08773F4.jpeg
SOTD: 18/01/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 7th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Arko Stick
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Fragrance: Noble Otter Neon Sun EdT

The lesser used soap week continues with the divisive Arko! In a 3-D printed stick holder it works a charm every time, and with the pre and post shave the scent was nicely mellowed out. You couldn’t get two further from each other pieces of kit in the Arko and Vector but it just worked a charm!

Shave 4 with this Neepsend and I thought I'd try the Myrsol pre-shave before the Arko stick, now pressed into a bowl.
Superb lather and I am starting to get the hang of the Super Adjustable. I don't find the long handle as intuitive as my usual razors but I did say I would try to learn.
I love vetiver scents and this particular aftershave is one I splash on in before I leave for work even when I'm not shaving.
Next time I use it for a shave I may finish with Guerlain Vetiver for the full effect.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable (birth year, long handle)
Blade: Neepsend Stainless Steel
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: Myrsol Antesol
Lather: Arko shaving stick
Aftershave: Malizia Vetiver
Additional Care: https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63c844ae718a6562eace6f60
PXL_20230118_182145233.jpg

Back
Top Bottom