SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

Last night's shave and one which came complete with the theme, 'Elitism'

20230117_180957.jpg

I am the best - Occams Enoch
No.1 in Japan - Kai Titan mild
Height of brilliance - Zenith dark synthetic
Cream of the crop - Floris Elite
Godsmell - Floris Elite

'A titanium razor? No more!'

And indeed it wasn't. After a week of playing with lightweight DE razors what a revelation to see a return to the fastest razor in the west. And what a performance. A stunningingly smooth, quick shave with perfect results. And a matching socks and undies moment with the Floris Elite soap and EDC to round things off. My scent of the moment.

More important than any shave though I had my annual assessment at the doctors yesterday after 9 months on the NHS diabetes prevention program. A 20% weight loss and a reduced blood pressure to 125/70. My doctor couldn't have been happier. Not as delighted as me though and the biggest happy bunny of the day.

I think this is a happy Japanese ladies moment. I can never get fed up with these girlies. It's just a make me happy tune.

And I always have time to say, 'I love you all'

View attachment 99100

Godsmell - Floris Elite

And indeed it wasn't. After a week of playing with lightweight DE razors what a revelation to see a return to the fastest razor in the west. And what a performance. A stunningingly smooth, quick shave with perfect results. And a matching socks and undies moment with the Floris Elite soap and EDC to round things off. My scent of the moment.

More important than any shave though I had my annual assessment at the doctors yesterday after 9 months on the NHS diabetes prevention program. A 20% weight loss and a reduced blood pressure to 125/70. My doctor couldn't have been happier. Not as delighted as me though and the biggest happy bunny of the day.

I think this is a happy Japanese ladies moment. I can never get fed up with these girlies. It's just a make me happy tune.

Well done Chris!

View attachment 99100

Godsmell - Floris Elite

Well done Chris,
Regards - Mike

Wed 18th January

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
P & B Citra Royale
ATT SE1
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Though the Shave was rather good, am afraid pushed it a bit at the end, and managed to get two quite heavy weepers on the Chin. Cannot really complain as it is the first such occurrence in a while.

55BCC6EF-8AF7-48FD-874C-24CC1E522DEC.jpeg

View attachment 99100

Godsmell - Floris Elite

Well done for passing you're MOT Chris, :)

Paul.

18/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 Pure Bristle 1950's
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - The Kropp 6/8th #1 & #2 / Tatara
Blade - @andrew - Shavers delight - Tony'schin Pyramid refresh
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 03 (5a).JPG
The Photo is not 100% accurate as i actually used both of the Kropp razors this morning. I completed a pyramid refresh on both and decided to give them a test shave today, the Masamune was on the subs bench - just in case.
#1 was used on the RH side and #2 on the LH side. Both felt really smooth, not too keen but sharp and comfortable.
I completed my usual 2 pass Straight shaving routine, however, i had made up too much lather from the Vintage cream, again.
I decided on a buffing pass with the Tatara rather than wash the lather down the sink. Not a lot left to go at, if anything, today i am a BBS, comfortable, happy shaver.
I opened a new vintage bottle of the 4711 this morning, its always a pleasure to break the seal on these vintage fellas.
I was expecting a bit indication and was pleasantly surprised when it did not happen.
That was a very nice shave and i am very happy with the work done on both of the Kropp edges.

Well done Chris @Satanfriendly, No mean feat what you have achieved.

Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 20230118.
zQ29RTq.jpg

Proraso "Cypress & Vetiver" pre-shave cream.
M Keramiek / APShaveCo SilkSmoke.
Proraso "Cypress & Vetiver" shaving cream.
DSCosmetic DS-X.2razor.
MEM SuperSilver Platinum (3).
Proraso "Cypress & Vetiver" ASB.

18/01/23
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 Pure Bristle 1950's
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - The Kropp 6/8th #1 & #2 / Tatara
Blade - @andrew - Shavers delight - Tony'schin Pyramid refresh
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
View attachment 99106
The Photo is not 100% accurate as i actually used both of the Kropp razors this morning. I completed a pyramid refresh on both and decided to give them a test shave today, the Masamune was on the subs bench - just in case.
#1 was used on the RH side and #2 on the LH side. Both felt really smooth, not too keen but sharp and comfortable.
I completed my usual 2 pass Straight shaving routine, however, i had made up too much lather from the Vintage cream, again.
I decided on a buffing pass with the Tatara rather than wash the lather down the sink. Not a lot left to go at, if anything, today i am a BBS, comfortable, happy shaver.
I opened a new vintage bottle of the 4711 this morning, its always a pleasure to break the seal on these vintage fellas.
I was expecting a bit indication and was pleasantly surprised when it did not happen.
That was a very nice shave and i am very happy with the work done on both of the Kropp edges.

Well done Chris @Satanfriendly, No mean feat what you have achieved.

Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
I recently acquired this same shaving cream in a box set. It's unused and I want to keep it that way, but the smell is and texture looks good. Am I missing out on an amazing shaving cream? Seems like it is easy to lather a lot from a small amount from what you said.
Any other thoughts on it?

Back
Top Bottom