SOTD: Saturday January 14 - Friday 20 January 2023.

1C039646-CC62-48A7-AC42-ADD2A9A135AB.jpeg

Head and face shave

Giles Shaving Bowl
Razor: Leaf
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Edwin Jagger 25mm Horn STF
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Wickham Soap Co Gothic Revival
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: James Bronnley Original EDT

Absolutely loving this soap, skin conditioning is top notch. First use of the James Bronnley EDT which is a really pleasant scent and incredible value. Overall a fantastic shave.

2faV9R3.png

Oh no! A return to the world of Titanium? A shave complete with a Titanium handle and a theme, 'Dr Zamak I presume?'

20230118_204450.jpg

Who the fuck are you? - Muhle R89
Who the fuck am I? - Razorock Titanium handle
I don't care who I am - Feather
And me? - PAA Pelegrino
Sod this I'm gone - Palmolive Classic

'Bugger anymore of this, we're gone'

The great 89 head meets a lightweight handle with great results. Shove a Feather in the mix and voila, one bloody fantastic bit of razormanship becomes the order of the day. Even better, throw it all on the end of a Razorock titanium handle and a cheap everyday razor head moves in to the major shaving league. Everyone should own an 89 at some point. I swear by it.

Palmolive Classic cream? Cheap, cheerful and effing brilliant. If I was to have any gripe it would definitely be the scent as it smells like a clothes washing detergent. I can't find any good reason in life to smell like a fucking launderette?

Big grin value this evening and a smashing shave with minimum fuss and minimum effort.

So being as I managed to get tickets to see the Beaver in May I think something from those Otoboke girls may well in order. I don't know what my wife is going to think of them and think she is going to slap me for taking her to a Japanese gusset show. Enjoy the music, I will.....

Wednesday 18 January
Continuing the OC theme I pulled out a 1930s 7o’clock. It’s been well used in its life with lots of brass showing through which would indicate to me that previous owners have been very satisfied with it. Fitted a 7o’clock “sharp edge” blade, applied the Spitfire with my (very apt choice) 1940 WD bristle and with very little effort, wtg, atg and pick ups achieved a very smooth and comfortable shave. The old razor has good balance with a shortish handle, which I find ok but isn’t for everyone I know. Dab on the Old Spice and now sitting and enjoying the sunshine before trekking down to the local coffee shop.
Have a fine day fellas!

View attachment 99116
Nice setup. My 7 O'Clock is in a brown bakelite case.....I like the look of yours (y)

Gillette Flare Tip Rocket | Rapira Platinum Lux | Hand-carved Marbled Beech with 2-band | Boot’s Shave Bowl (discontinued) | Boot’s Freshwood AS & ASB​

12E74B04-ED72-4DA4-8D98-24EF56D87589.jpeg

The Boot’s shave bowl (non-tallow) is truthfully not that great. It lathers fine and and has some slickness but not a lot. Little cushion is apparent nor is there any noticeable skin conditioning. I can remember it being ok back in the day and time hasn’t done it any favours. There was better then and there’s better now. No rose-tinted testicles here, I mean spectacles!

On the other hand, the Boot’s aftershave is outstanding and I could happily use buggerall else.

B&W photo reflects the bleakness of the weather.

72047AF0-7369-4CD8-983D-9FCC2CA3CE89.jpeg

Fancy a new T-shirt, anyone?

1259BEF0-D413-4EC1-94EC-030759EBA5E2.jpeg

Last night's shave and one which came complete with the theme, 'Elitism'

View attachment 99100

I am the best - Occams Enoch
No.1 in Japan - Kai Titan mild
Height of brilliance - Zenith dark synthetic
Cream of the crop - Floris Elite
Godsmell - Floris Elite

'A titanium razor? No more!'

And indeed it wasn't. After a week of playing with lightweight DE razors what a revelation to see a return to the fastest razor in the west. And what a performance. A stunningingly smooth, quick shave with perfect results. And a matching socks and undies moment with the Floris Elite soap and EDC to round things off. My scent of the moment.

More important than any shave though I had my annual assessment at the doctors yesterday after 9 months on the NHS diabetes prevention program. A 20% weight loss and a reduced blood pressure to 125/70. My doctor couldn't have been happier. Not as delighted as me though and the biggest happy bunny of the day.

I think this is a happy Japanese ladies moment. I can never get fed up with these girlies. It's just a make me happy tune.

And I always have time to say, 'I love you all'
Fantastic achievement

Last edited:

SOTD: 19th January 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Wright's Coal Tar Traditional Bar Soap.
Brush: Vie-Long 21mm Horsehair.
Lather: Vie-Long Shave Stick.
Blade: Treet Classic. (D2)
Razor: 1960's Gillette Slim Twist.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / P&G Old Spice Original ASL./ Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

An invigorating early morning cold water shave to finishing my shaving week off superbly.

The Vie-Long Shave Stick provided a slick protective lather for the full shave without re-apply it to my face. The performance & post shave feel from this shave stick is absolutely superb.

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom