SOTD: Saturday January 21 - Friday 27 January 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday 25th January

AMWts8DC5R3r_EZYcgcbU0Hy3q5pTIETXr-xhfg4ZocVSZlY4lVW5FTO_CHuu4lD-8ebBvhAoOiQCtT7W9S9vDma077fFPkDo1Etej0mWyYW09YIStLQULZ5D7tZtmK4zKCGa1KO2YByz4YFM5ATyKV-fKEpYw=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Omega Crema da Barba Shaving Soap & Omega 10005 Pure Bristle
Merkur 37C & Statum Platinum Chrome (3)
Pashana Original Aftershave

I prefer this blade in a non-slant where it is quite sublime; in a slant, it's merely excellent.

Something else, innit?

Certainly up there with the Silver Star Stainless or the PermaSharp Super for sharpness but with the smoothness approaching that of the Personna Platinum Chrome.

I'll never judge a blade on it's first shave, as usually I find the shaves on the 2nd/3rd day tend to be better but it was clear to see this is an excellent blade.

My first point of reference would be the Indian made Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum.

5D9CFF7E-88DF-4EAB-A22A-55F9319D65CC.jpeg
SOTD: 25/01/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Feather Pro, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male Eau de Toilette

Well my first shave in and I have a new joint favourite AC, (The Shield being the other). Like my Hone 15 it may not as efficient as some razors, but for some reason it’s just super smooth, and just works for my daily growth and needs! It’s very early days but I’d say it will push the Vector into 3rd, and it’s convinced me to move my polished Claymore on, it’s smoother and more efficient. Plus the brass for some reason just feels softer on my skin, nonsense I know, but it also looks great. An amazing first shave and a great razor. Not tried a bad Stando and can’t understand why they don’t get more love! They seem to be a hidden gem of a maker.

On a very Scottish evening this particular shower room activity comes themed, 'A most wonderful Burns night to our Scottish contingency'

20230125_193414.jpg

Address to the Devil - Rocnel SE-P
Tam o Shanter - 0.4769886% Dorco Prime
Highland Mary - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Aston Water - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Handsome Nell - Collegen

'Try that with a Rocnel SE-P and it will take your baws off'

The best I can offer from South of the border

From light and flighty last week to meek and mild yesterday, to evil and hefty for this evening. Originally a Turkish castration tool until the day when some sick puppy decided to market it as a razor. A razor with a thousand ways to lacerate. And that is just putting the blade in. But treat with children's mittens, get over the fact mutilation is only a slack moment away and sublime results are not that far behind.

A great start with the Krokos and the big Highlander brush making up team lather. Get to the cutting edge of the job and what a sublimely stupidly close shave. Sweaty moments ATG around the chin but no damage done and overall a very smoothly delivered bristle removing exercise. Stupendous. Closest shave of the year so far? Possibly.

Have a great Burns night and I sign out with the nearest I can find to Japanese girlies dancing in some form of kilt looking attire. Scandal!.......

Karve Christopher Bradley (C plate) :: Gillette Nacet blade (2) :: HWF no1 soap :: Yaqi 24mm synthetic brush :: Tabac lotion
IMG_20230125_202032.jpg
Continuing to explore various blades with the razors that I now feel like I know well enough. Today, Gillette Nacet. It was just a tad rougher than what I'd expect from Karve CB. However the final result is comfortably smooth.

80FA7620-CF93-401C-91EB-07E100122DB0.jpeg
Simpson Duke 2 Best
Schick Twinjector
Schick Twin Blade(2)
P&B Night Witch
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Old Spice (Indian) a/s

Really enjoying the Schick, an effortless and intuitive shave.
Getting to the end of this particular soap.
I have maybe 4-5 shaves left, so will use it exclusively until it’s gone.

As always, enjoy yours gents.

Last edited:
What a shave! Add in two more razors for this one, Hoffritz circa 1960 and Feather Artist Club DX loaded with a light professional blade. Passes one and two were done with the Hoffritz, pass three with the Artist Club, and a fourth and final with the Feather AS D2. On a side note picked up the Hoffritz on eBay just because I happen to like them, in the middle of restoration on the one I used, if you think she looks bad now you should've seen her before I started. Anyway, the Hoffritz can and will take an edge which is what I was concerned with. Some of you are probably wondering why in the hell would this nutcase use three razors on a single shave......quite simply, it worked extremely well and you never know till you try! Now off to a good night's sleep with a shave that rivals a professional.
Tomorrow another day of protecting the good citizens of the metropolis to which I call home. (No, I'm not associated with any law enforcement agencies)
20230125_212453.jpg.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Feather AS D2
Blade: Feather New Hi Stainless
Razor: Hoffritz
Razor: Feather Artist Club DX/Light Professional Blade
Brush: Omega Model 13564 Boar Bristle
Pre-Shave: Old School Cool Formula #1
Lather: Razorock Emperor
Aftershave: Razorock Emperor
Additional Care:
Hot towel
MK Aftershave Cooling Gel
Pinaud Clubman Talc
1000000747.jpgSOTD 01/25/2023

Thu 26
Soap & Aftershave Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
The soap & matching splash smells amazing! The lather was just epic...whip-up nicely with the excellent brush.
A relaxed and enjoyable shave with this razor strop on the roo leather in 3 passes for a dfs-sas finish. The edge needs to be refreshed...
20230126_125025.jpg

SOTD 26-Jan20230125_100539.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2
Soap: A&E Revolution
Razor: Gillette Old Revamp
Blade: Rubie (3)

Good one today, fancied the old this morning, rarely disappoints. Ended up with a smooth comfortable finish, the icing on the cake being the excellent spicebomb scent.

Definitely ready for the day ahead now, hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom