SOTD wc Saturday 10th - Friday 16th August 2013

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Weber DLC / Supermax diamond
Neep Jubilee
Proraso Blue cream
Proraso Green A/S
Surrati Black Aoud

Clean shaven & smelling sweet :icon_cheesygrin:

So, it's time for shaving and I pull out the Hibbard, Spencer blade together with Jabonmans Citrocos, Myrsols Formula C and New Forest 2201 brush. I found an old bottle of La Toja Manantiales at El Corte Ingles here in Barcelona ... Not very close to the dito soap or AS from La Toja, not those excellent mineral tones and fresh feeling about it, but more old school barber shop, I think (a little more classy than your reg barber shop scent, but never the less).

[attachment=8246]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376467165.865942.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376467165.865942.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 23
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
Schick F type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (1970 NOS)
Kent SS
no aftershave
Malizia 'Vetyver EdT

Man oh man, I get a close and comfortable shave with this old (1940-41) razor. Lots different head design than the other injectors I've tried such as the E, G, I, J, K, L, and M types. Pretty nice having this in the arsenal.

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday:

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
#15 Aristocrat
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Steve's Barbershop Bay Rum

Great shave. I forgot to use with hazel this morning, it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Friday's shave

Shower, shampoo beard & wash

Menu Bristle BRush
Edwin Jagger Aloe Soap
Tesco Personna (5)
EJ DE89
3 Pass +touch up (with Lush Dirty shave cream)
Alum
Gaultier2 AS Balm

Fab! Wasn't convinced at the time but turns out to be a lovely, comfortable close shave. I've been faceturbating all day :)

Last night before work

Hot shower
Sportstar shaving oil
Arko cream 'Maximum Comfort'
The 'Cyril' - Bodger handle with a silvertip knot courtesy of Hairsuite aka Cyril
EJ DB 89 with Supermax blade (3)
Arko Nem balm
Splash of Brut 33

Fantastic!

DFS

Wednesday 08-14-13. MUSIC: David Bowie - Young Americans (1975).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeJDyIkzqKE[/video]

12cf5706-f491-4f26-bb92-e25ccbed0271.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 2 best badger - Gillette Rocket flare tip - Polsilver #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Vitto's coconut - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Speick - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
Omega 11137, Nanny's hard soap Cedarwood & Vetyver
Feather AS-D2, Rapira Swedish (3)
Cold splash
Clinique post-shave soother

Feeling under the weather (courtesy of curry and lager) so decided to go for a comfortable rather than a close shave... turned out very comfortable and pretty damn smooth too. The AS-D2 is now up there with the Weber and Progress... I have to try pretty hard to get a bad shave out of it (usually by being "experimental"). I'll have to try a Feather blade in it sometime... but can't see it being better than my usual faves

Shower
Dr Harris h1 brush
Mergers xl
Permasharp blade
C&e nomad soap
Myrsol agua de limon
C&e nomad edit

Nice simple shave think I've cracked hard soap lathering now and I was expecting c&e soaps to be a bit more work after reading some recent topic but this works as easily as any other hard soap I have. Just need a bit more work on soft soaps now

Wednesday 14th August

SOTD14813_zps1423294f.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick cream bowl lathered
Simpson Milk churn best badger brush
Gillette 1963 slim set on 6
Gillette & o'clock sharp edge (1)
Cold rinse
Thayer's lavender witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Close and comfortable shave today.

Brian

Wednesday:

Evening, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89 with iKon bulldog handle
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (5)
Brush: Ecotools kabuki
Shave soap: Bath House - Spanish Fig and Nutmeg
A/S: Devotion - Gabriela Sabatini

Terrific shave.

Prep: Cold water splash
Soap: MWF
Brush: M&F Blonde Badger
Razor: Weber Polished/Bulldog
Blade: Personna Lab (4)

Comfortable, close shave. Have a great evening, everyone, whether you're supporting England or Scotland...

dodgy said:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger
Schick F type injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (1970 NOS)
Kent SS
no aftershave
Malizia 'Vetyver EdT

Man oh man, I get a close and comfortable shave with this old (1940-41) razor. Lots different head design than the other injectors I've tried such as the E, G, I, J, K, L, and M types. Pretty nice having this in the arsenal.

BBS results,

Martin

Martini, do you have a pic of your new toy? I'm intrigued. I want a bit of my own medecine.
A few days ago I see you singing its virtues and I'm starting to not sleep thinking about it.
Maybe is the alu handle, and you pretend pair it with the wonderful Rubberset 400 you sent to GD to restore?
But maybe I do not understand English very well and I do not know what I read. It is the most probable. Well, a pic will be appreciated. A hug, my friend.
Well, I know now will come a lot of lines in this slang yours even more difficult to understand by me, ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom