Who is getting the ATT Bamboo SE1?

My bad shave with the SE1 was with a tallow soap. The other two excellent shaves were with a vegan soap (Soap Commander).

As an aside, I hated Soap Commander when I first got it, and thought it had been overhyped. It's now my favourite soap of all time.
Was it the first time out with a new blade, when using the tallow?

Tried a Feather Super today, first shave on a new blade, tallow soap, bloodbath.

Weird, the Super is my blade of choice in the Mongoose. I find it smoother than anything else. Might have a second shave with the Super in the SE1 tomorrow, just to see if it's first-shave-syndrome.

Tried a Feather Super today, first shave on a new blade, tallow soap, bloodbath.

Weird, the Super is my blade of choice in the Mongoose. I find it smoother than anything else. Might have a second shave with the Super in the SE1 tomorrow, just to see if it's first-shave-syndrome.
First shave with a super in my cobra is harsh as hell, takes a shave to settle down, then is sublime. Maybe supers aren't suited to the more aggressive razors ?

First shave with a super in my cobra is harsh as hell, takes a shave to settle down, then is sublime. Maybe supers aren't suited to the more aggressive razors ?
I have a Pass Around Cobra Comin My Way this week at some Point..I will be using the Feather Pro..The Feather Pro is the Sharpest of all these Type of Blades as I have Used just about them All..o_O

The Pro Super is Blunt by Comparison in My Books..By a Long Shot..I use the Feather Pro in the Most Aggressive Injectors Ever Made..I Doubt that the Cobra is as Aggressive as its Claimed to be..Feather Pro Blades Demand a Super Feather Like Touch..A Lot of Folks just find them Far Too Much Blade because they are Smooth + Smooth in the Right Hands..;)

I will find Out this Weekend..:D

Billy

I have a Pass Around Cobra Comin My Way this week at some Point..I will be using the Feather Pro..The Feather Pro is the Sharpest of all these Type of Blades as I have Used just about them All..o_O

The Pro Super is Blunt by Comparison in My Books..By a Long Shot..I use the Feather Pro in the Most Aggressive Injectors Ever Made..I Doubt that the Cobra is as Aggressive as its Claimed to be..Feather Pro Blades Demand a Super Feather Like Touch..A Lot of Folks just find them Far Too Much Blade because they are Smooth + Smooth in the Right Hands..;)

I will find Out this Weekend..:D

Billy

Billy - it's the size that makes the difference, Supers are .3mm wider than the pros giving a tad more blade exposure. They are thicker too by .6mm so marginally stiffer. I use the supers when hacking off a weeks growth. My feather blade of choice however is the pro guards as you get the extra rigidity from the guard.

Billy - it's the size that makes the difference, Supers are .3mm wider than the pros giving a tad more blade exposure. They are thicker too by .6mm so marginally stiffer. I use the supers when hacking off a weeks growth. My feather blade of choice however is the pro guards as you get the extra rigidity from the guard.
I know that...That's Why they are Blunter than the Pro Blade..The Pro Super Wont Look Near My Cast Iron Growth..I would Go as far as Saying..They are Not Fit for Shaving My Beard..The Pro Guard..Well..They are Simply Junk..:eek:

Here is the Paradox..Folks are Spending a Fortune on Stainless SEs that are by All Accounts Quite Mild & then Putting a Crappy Pro Guard Blade in there that was Designed for an Open Artist Club..They have Got to be One of the Worst SE Blades ever to Touch My Face..:)

To Me that's Like Buying a Porsche & then Fitting a Skoda Engine in it..;)

My Mind just Boggles..:D

Billy

I know that...That's Why they are Blunter than the Pro Blade..The Pro Super Wont Look Near My Cast Iron Growth..I would Go as far as Saying..They are Not Fit for Shaving My Beard..The Pro Guard..Well..They are Simply Junk..:eek:

Here is the Paradox..Folks are Spending a Fortune on Stainless SEs that are by All Accounts Quite Mild & then Putting a Crappy Pro Guard Blade in there that was Designed for an Open Artist Club..They have Got to be One of the Worst SE Blades ever to Touch My Face..:)

My Mind just Boggles..:D

Billy
As always YMMV and all that jazz. Not everyone has a beard like steel wool.
I see what you are saying though and will bow to your blade knowledge.
For me all feather blades are very good. Interesting thread over on straightrazorplace about the same thing http://straightrazorplace.com/shaving-shavette-razors/100918-feather-pro-vs-super-pro.html
as an aside - I find Dorco Barber Blades longer lasting and almost as sharp.

Last edited:
As always YMMV and all that jazz. Not everyone has a beard like steel wool.
I see what you are saying though. For me all feather blades are very good. I find Dorco Barber Blades longer lasting and almost as sharp though.
The Cobra was the 1st of these New SEs that took these Type of Blades..The Cobra Classic was Designed around the Feather Pro Blade..They changed the Head later on to Fit the Pro Super & that's when they Ran into problems with Loose Head Complaints by a Number of Users..;)

The Mongoose was Primarily Designed around the Pro Blade but can take the Other Variants as Well..What Folks Forget is that these Blades were Designed for the Artist Club for a Variety of Uses including Hair Shaping..o_O

My Brother has Used the Mongoose with a Sharp Feather Pro Blade & he was Blown Away by how Mild this Razor was Compared to Even Middle of the Range Injectors..He Reckoned it was a Waste of Feather Pro Blade because he had Already used them in a Schick Injector..:)

I Laughed at these Mongoose Threads for a Year or So when the Forums were Full of Blood Letting this & that Bull Kinda thing & then Folks were Fitting them with Pro Guard blades to Stop the Blood Letting..Of Course the Truth Finally came Out that the Mongoose is Mild Shaver.. :eek:

It has been Very Entertaining to say the Least..Still is..:D

Billy

The Pro Guard..Well..They are Simply Junk..:eek:

Here is the Paradox..Folks are Spending a Fortune on Stainless SEs that are by All Accounts Quite Mild & then Putting a Crappy Pro Guard Blade in there that was Designed for an Open Artist Club.

Hah, a Skoda eh? I remember the first time seeing one back in the late 60s-early 70s was it? That, and the first Hondas with maybe a tiny 13 inch wheel. Adorable!

Of the three blades tried in the two Cobra versions, the Pro Guard fit me best. In my case, even the mildest Feather blade is still borderline too much for my weenie face. Oh yeah, and too much for my regular size balls.

There's a member here known for his almost surprisingly laughable huge balls. I think you might be in the running for club membership.

Hah, a Skoda eh? I remember the first time seeing one back in the early 70s was it? That, and the first Hondas with maybe a tiny 13 inch wheel. Adorable!

Of the three blades tried in the two Cobra versions, the Pro Guard fit me best. In my case, even the mildest Feather blade is still borderline too much for my weenie face. Oh yeah, and too much for my regular size balls.

There's a member here known for his almost surprisingly laughable huge balls. I think you might be in the running for club membership.
I will Take that as a Compliment Ya Mad Yanker..I am Looking Forward to having a Go with the Cobra Classic this Weekend with a Huge Balls Feather Pro Blade..:D:D:D

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom