SOTD: Saturday 10 - Friday 16 August 2024.

5adb3b21-623b-45d7-aaed-240e53340517.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze
Blade: Polisiver Super Iridium
Brush: Chisel and Hound
Soap/Cream: Truefitt and Hill 1805
Fragrance: Truefitt and Hill 1805

I forgot I had this razor. It's beautiful but I'm not particularly fond of it. I might have to move it on soon.

1805 is one of my all-time favourite scents. So classy.

Razor - EJ89 3D Diamond
Blade - Gillette Platinum Blue and White
Brush - ES Medium Synthetic
Lather - Eucris
SOS Emergency - Proraso superglue

I said last time I would try this razor/blade combination with a cautious three-pass shave… mistake… hence the need for the Proraso superglue. No way back for this blade but plenty more to go at. I’m casting a suspicious eye at the EJ… it’s presence is noted on my very worst shaves. Watch it, EJ.

No complaints about the lather. I found the Eucris lurking at the back of the cupboard. Lovely stuff.

IMG_0244.jpeg

Razor = Ikon B1 OSS Head
Blade = Gillette Silver Blue ( 1 )
Brush = Bobby Moffat 26mm High Mountain Badger
Soap = May Chang From The Gentleman’s Groom Room with matching splash.
Balm = Loccitane Cade.

IMG_2358.jpegWhat a shave this was
At first the razor wasn’t cutting anything that’s when i realised i hadn’t put a blade in yet.
Life is a learning curve but rule number 1 has to be put a blade in your razor or you’re going to be standing in the same position for a very long time.
Once the penny droooed it turned in to a fantastic shave with the Ikon,
I remember buying this razor & getting it delivered to Norway,
Back then i thought it was aggressive but now it’s just a pussy cat

Wednesday 14th August

AP1GczPKboJEr0TqvHg2MbxNrqJpwWgTgZvQF-xZU5jvgcOcg8iJTkg03LYARCSqffSJy6gES7Od7wkZpkbm3LdyBtN5EzzI18fVMpMwbXp0JrOFxfts2L04aeAsdQ0Htq9XuPxJkCUAxfjcKnRUXfaqTguGIw=w800

Floris 89 (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Edwin Jagger DE89 Gold & BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Pinaud Citrus Musk (as Aftershave)

... same again.

20240814_160210.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep 3P Preshave cream.
Brush Shave Factory Omega Boar.
Soap Zingari man The Watchman.
Razors Leaf & Everyday Stinger.
Blade Nacet (2).
Aftershave Zingari man The Watchman splash.

A lovely day again today, I was looking forward to trying out the new 3P preshave cream.
It's a different texture to the Proraso but it did the job nicely and I like the price, next time I will get the bigger tub.
It does say it can also be used as a post shave cream hmmm does anyone else use it afterwards?
I love the Watchman, it's a lovely strong smell much much more punchy than the other Zingari soaps I have. I want people to know Handsome Johnny Bravo has entered the building even before I get there.

Reba Mcentire Singing GIF by The Voice

The Everyday razor gave me a nice shave, it's not the best but more than except able.
I still think the design is garbage on so many levels, it actually created more issues trying to be quirky fixing problems that were not problems at all.
If I was to price this razor, I would place it in the £10-£25 market because at £30 your in Merkur etc territory and they blow this away shave wise.
I am glad I have it as a relative to my real Stinger, it will come out from time to time and might even become a travel razor who knows. I will be keeping well away from magnets in top caps and base.plates that's for sure.
I am clean shaven and look so gorgeous I can see my neighbour drooling at me from Her window.

Cat Emoji GIF by Christine Gritmon

*sigh she lives in hope that I take her to heaven with her high heels pointing towards the sky.*
k-pop legs GIF

Anyways enough about me, enjoy the night everyone.

so long smile GIF by Tvoje Lice Zvuči Poznato

SOTD Wed 14 Aug 2024

Was that Wednesday? Shave
750A1CC6-0BC6-4091-BADD-3A597A6F1EAB.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
The Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe cream
Anbbas Amber tuxedo brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Personna Med Prep blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
‘Rennie’ the rubber duck (thought I put him in the cupboard!)

Was that really Wednesday? What happened to Tuesday? Is it just me or did a day disappear? Just me - oh!
Great shave, but I am still seriously worried by this blade, it’s good for another shave, but not sure if my nerves will take it. I think it’s just waiting to ambush me!
Fantastic result though, very smooth, sleek and nice feeling/smelling finish.
So is tomorrow Thursday or are we skipping straight to Friday?

SOTD: 15th August 2024.

8.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap. (no.3)
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) Blue pack. (D2)
Razor: 1960's Gillette Slim Twist.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Whitewater ASL./Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report from my much loved Gillette Slim Twist to finish my shaving week off on a high note.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom