SOTD: Saturday 22 June - Friday 28 June 2024.

June 26th

Mach3 (7)
Proraso green soap
Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Alpa Chypre cologne
Gillette moisturizer

To be honest, all these shaves with Mach3 cart are good. Are they outlandish? No, definitely. Is the job done? Yup, 2 of my regular passes across and against, and I get BBS. But what's the point if it's a chore now?:C
I miss my DE so probably I'll make a halt with Mach3, what's more, today I'm going to receive my new vintage Gillette razor and I am testing it...! :sneaky:

SOTD 26-June
1000030001 (1).jpg
Brush: Wald A1
Soap: NO Monoi de Tahiti
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

This takes a little bit of explaining. The idea of the theme today is 'Wildcard Wednesday', so you have to shave with something and be the first to use it. Anyone else that uses it after that is then disqualified. What it actually means is that people use random things to shave with, think Nacho Cheese, Ink or Motor Oil to shave with and build a contraption to shave with.

Now I couldn't do that today, mainly because I needed to get Noble Otter into the event as it's a sponsor and I couldn't get it in anywhere else. So I self declared as not following the spirit, but for the photo treasure hunt I needed to get humour. So I gave them a shocked otter that I had the audacity to shave with actual shaving gear...we're weird but it made me chuckle, Ihave a childish sense of humour.

Have a grand one all!

Cheers

Marc

Wednesday 26 June

Stayed with the flat blade today, the Razorine brass. New Gillette 7 o’clock blade. Things went swimmingly until I got a bit casual and caught the edge of my chin. Very minor and I wouldn’t call the Razorine an aggressive razor but it shows how easy it is to lose focus in the shave. Anyway, I love the razor and when normal service was restored I completed a very fine shave, not quite bbs but I didn’t want to push my luck.
Culmak Spartan and RR XxX soap combined well but add water slowly to keep a solid lather as it can also get away from you like the razor.
It’s warming up nicely fellas, so carpe diem as Roman poet Horace once wrote!

IMG_0680.jpeg

SOTD: 26/06/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 7th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wit Con Avena E Té Verde Cream
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy your day!

Razor = occams Oren ***
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 5 )
Brush = Shavemac 400 with 24mm Boar
Soap = Dr Harris Sandalwood Shave Stick.
Splash = Boots Freshwood
Balm = Boots Freshwood.

IMG_1925.jpegI don’t know why but i love this set up.
Nothing expensive but a great shave.
I have two weeks left here in Angola & iv decided to pack most of my shit away lol which means this will be my only set up give or take some samples.
The Shave stick is fantastic in every way.
i can’t fault it,
i just wish i had got in to it a lot longer than i did.
Saying that i do have a few shave sticks for a rainy day.
IMG_1908.pngThis picture was taken at 6pm with no filters.
Africa has some great skylines although all the machines in the background don’t help.

Razor = occams Oren ***
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 5 )
Brush = Shavemac 400 with 24mm Boar
Soap = Dr Harris Sandalwood Shave Stick.
Splash = Boots Freshwood
Balm = Boots Freshwood.

View attachment 122099I don’t know why but i love this set up.
Nothing expensive but a great shave.
I have two weeks left here in Angola & iv decided to pack most of my shit away lol which means this will be my only set up give or take some samples.
The Shave stick is fantastic in every way.
i can’t fault it,
i just wish i had got in to it a lot longer than i did.
Saying that i do have a few shave sticks for a rainy day.
View attachment 122100This picture was taken at 6pm with no filters.
Africa has some great skylines although all the machines in the background don’t help.
Love the sunset foto Mike. I’m thinking that after your shave you must be the best turned out guys on the laybarge :cool:

26/06/24
Vintage Wednesday
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot Best Badger
Soap - Arko Stick "Pipe-bomb"
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 Brit Silver Case
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Argan Oil
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens 4711 EDC
Wk  26 (5).jpg
To my schnozer the Arko stick is probably the strongest of the Neroli scented soaps i have tried, i do like it, the lather is brilliant and the post shave slip is second to none, to be fair the rarely seen Derby stick is a close second in all depts. Used crayon style and whipped up with the "Wee" Simpson it takes a lot of water and the little brush held enough for a full 2 pass shave and touch ups.
The Brit made ER1912 was as smooth as could be today leaving me comfortable and BBS.
Finishing off with a couple of drops of my EO infused Argan Oil and a good splash of Vintage 4711.
Yes, i have to say , Spot on That!
Enjoy your day all.

26/06/24
Vintage Wednesday
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Simpson Wee Scot Best Badger
Soap - Arko Stick "Pipe-bomb"
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 Brit Silver Case
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Argan Oil
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens 4711 EDC
View attachment 122103
To my schnozer the Arko stick is probably the strongest of the Neroli scented soaps i have tried, i do like it, the lather is brilliant and the post shave slip is second to none, to be fair the rarely seen Derby stick is a close second in all depts. Used crayon style and whipped up with the "Wee" Simpson it takes a lot of water and the little brush held enough for a full 2 pass shave and touch ups.
The Brit made ER1912 was as smooth as could be today leaving me comfortable and BBS.
Finishing off with a couple of drops of my EO infused Argan Oil and a good splash of Vintage 4711.
Yes, i have to say , Spot on That!
Enjoy your day all.
Don't take that purple pipe bomb through airport security!

DSC01426.JPG

Razor - Edwin Jagger 'Kelvin'
Blade - Rapira super stainless (3)
Brush - Body Shop (synth)
Pre - Rasozero Spiffero
Soap - Extro Cosmesi Freddo (Stirling Frost Drops)
A/S - Osage Rub
Balm - Baxter of California

A lovely lather from the Extro. Felt it needed a few extra drops of menthol to give it more of a kick though.

A very pleasant shave to soothe and cool my sensitive fizzog!:)

Stay cool and enjoy the rest of the day Gents!

Back
Top Bottom